Author Topic: Domestic Abuse, etc.  (Read 398 times)

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
Domestic Abuse, etc.
« on: September 20, 2015, 01:43:41 PM »
A church friend of my mother's has been having a hard time lately. She is on medical leave from her job because of a back injury given by her ex-boyfriend. She has another job now. She cannot drive right now because she has narcolepsy--like with seizures, you cannot drive for so long after the episode, though the time is much shorter. So she has to get a ride to work because she has pending charges against her for cold checks--her sociopath mother wrote over a thousand in cold checks, and then fled to relatives in Alabama because there is a warrant out against her for the checks. Since it was a joint account, said friend has pending charges, too, if she does not pay it back. That's hard with $1000 dollars worth. And now her brother beat her up last night over borrowing her car--she would not let him. The cops brought her home about 1 AM with bruises on her face. Her ex used to beat her too. That is the reason for her back injury. He body slammed her. And he and her brother were over here together today. We sent them off and will call the police next time. Pray all goes well. I have put my gun in my side drawer. I don't know how crazy these people are, so pray I do not have to use it or get into a fight (they are big guys) since I am smaller and would get my butt kicked. I do not like confrontation, and will avoid it until I have to be confrontational.

God keep me free of cowardice.

Holy Theotokos, protect the woman.

St. Michael, defend us against our enemies

Lord Jesus Christ, let me turn over tables in righteousness, but be gentle as a lamb against my enemies by not hating in my heart, but hating wickedness.

St. Peter, let me not pull the sword unjustly as you did against the sinner, but let me be peaceful first. 
The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.
                                                             -Aristotle

Mor Ephrem, section moderator[/b][/color]

Offline seekeroftruth777

• Archon
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOARCH
Re: Domestic Abuse, etc.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 03:31:10 PM »
lord have mercy may the holy theotokos protect your friend.

sorry i know this is a prayer forum but my passions are running beating up women is not cool >:(

Online Opus118

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 03:50:37 PM »
Lord, have mercy.
"Mi tío es enfermo, pero la carretera es verde!" - old Chilean saying

Offline Maria

• Boldly Proclaiming True Orthodox Christianity
  • Toumarches
  • O most Holy Theotokos, save us.
    • Saint Euphrosynos Cafe Discussion Forum
  • Faith: TrueGenuine Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: GOC under Archbishop Stephanos
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 04:18:02 PM »
Lord have mercy.
The memory of God should be treasured in our hearts like the precious pearl mentioned in the Holy Gospel. Our life's goal should be to nurture and contemplate God always within, and never let it depart, for this steadfastness will drive demons away from us. - Paraphrased from St. Philotheus of Sinai
Writings from the Philokalia: On Prayer of the Heart,
Translated from the Russian by E. Kadloubovksy and G.E.H. Palmer, Faber and Faber, London, Boston, 1992 printing.

Offline marigold

• Archon
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of Atlanta
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2015, 04:55:31 PM »
Lord, have mercy.

Offline IreneOlinyk

• Elder
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2015, 05:18:02 PM »
A church friend of my mother's has been having a hard time lately. She is on medical leave from her job because of a back injury given by her ex-boyfriend. She has another job now. She cannot drive right now because she has narcolepsy--like with seizures, you cannot drive for so long after the episode, though the time is much shorter. So she has to get a ride to work because she has pending charges against her for cold checks--her sociopath mother wrote over a thousand in cold checks, and then fled to relatives in Alabama because there is a warrant out against her for the checks. Since it was a joint account, said friend has pending charges, too, if she does not pay it back. That's hard with $1000 dollars worth. And now her brother beat her up last night over borrowing her car--she would not let him. The cops brought her home about 1 AM with bruises on her face. Her ex used to beat her too. That is the reason for her back injury. He body slammed her. And he and her brother were over here together today. We sent them off and will call the police next time. Pray all goes well. I have put my gun in my side drawer. I don't know how crazy these people are, so pray I do not have to use it or get into a fight (they are big guys) since I am smaller and would get my butt kicked. I do not like confrontation, and will avoid it until I have to be confrontational.

God keep me free of cowardice.

Holy Theotokos, protect the woman.

St. Michael, defend us against our enemies

Lord Jesus Christ, let me turn over tables in righteousness, but be gentle as a lamb against my enemies by not hating in my heart, but hating wickedness.

St. Peter, let me not pull the sword unjustly as you did against the sinner, but let me be peaceful first.

We sent them off and will call the police next time. Pray all goes well. 

In the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit we pray for the safety of all the weak and defenceless who suffer abuse in the home.  We also pray that we all will forsake our cowardness and be ready to protect the abused and to seek the protection of those in authority to protect the weak and abused.  Hear our prayer and cleanse our sins in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

If abuse has taken place you call the police now when it happens not wait for the next time.  The safety of the abused person always comes first.  Your duty as a citizen in a civil society is to call the police and then then they take charge and see to the protection/ physical safety of the abused.  That always takes priority. 
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 05:25:23 PM by IreneOlinyk »

Offline eddybear

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Orthodox, awaiting Chrismation
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Sourozh
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2015, 05:36:17 PM »
Lord, have mercy.

Offline Maximum Bob

• Archon
  • Personal Text? We can have personal text?
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 11:22:51 PM »
Lord, have mercy. 
Talk to a domestic violence professional.
Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
    • The Old Testament Prophecies of the Messiah's Resurrection and Orthodox Christianity's roots in the Holy Land
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2015, 11:28:37 PM »
Lord have mercy.

I will PM you on this.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 11:29:04 PM by rakovsky »
The ocean, impassable by men, and the world beyond it are directed by the same ordinances of the Master. ~ I Clement 20

Offline jewish voice

• High Elder
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Still dont know yet
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2015, 12:16:44 AM »
Lord have mercy... This keeps hitting so close my friend was just murdered in domestic violence. Please if you're in this type of relationship reach out to someone make your case known. People don't change over night.