OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 26, 2014, 04:22:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 07-10-2005  (Read 3125 times) Average Rating: 0
year2027
Banned

« on: July 10, 2005, 11:22:46 PM »

God first
 Dear my beloved friends of the world wide inter net. I Roy William Perry III write unto you as year2027 my name for the inter net world. As I sat here in my home with arms reaching out unto my heavenly father God the Creator of heaven and earth.

I do this with the spirit of Christ the son of God my Lord and Savior in my heart directing me what to write by the gift known as the holy spirit or the spirit of Christ in me. As I walk in this evil world I look for the good I can see in each person a may met along the way.

My goal is to help others learn to see the good in others with the love of God. The only thing that can help that good grow in others is God’s love by the way of each and every one of us. So many people look at the bad and not the good. But I say look at the good tell them about the good you see with love of God and that will take away some of the bad.

For bad must be replace with good and it will be done in due time. Look at our bodies of flesh that will be replace with spiritual bodies that will not rot or corrupt. This will come at the return of Christ about the time death will be gone for good.

A lot of Christians look for signs of this or that but I say look for how you can show your love to your brothers and sisters in Christ. Look for the good but beware of the bad and just do not do it or at least try to do only good. Before we can over come the bad in our lives we must at least try to overcome the sins we do and if we try God will help us in due time.

Many believers think once they are saved they can not sin but that is not so. Just because God forgave you of you past sins does not mean your forgiven of your future sins. Now God is ready to forgive them too but we need too ask for the ones we know of and the one we do not know are sins he will forgive us because of our child like understanding.

Now being forgiven and being saved are two differ things . To be saved is to be welcome into the family of God. Look even bad sons and daughters are love my the fleshly father and mother. God is no differ about loving his children. While asking forgiveness helps God to overlook for shortcomings as he hands out rewards. Just like if you use your fleshly family for money and do not owe up to it, your family might be slow to helping you with money when you need it.

Look a sin is the wrong use of what God gave you. God gave you your sexual body to make children to help in your old age but if you take it as a game were is the value. Look the gift of being able to have children and its reward is help in your old age or that was God’s plan in the beginning.

Look at healing and how the body heals itself. God set up the body to heal itself of all things but mankind found ways the attack the body faster than it can heal itself normally so God gave us ministry of healing, natural healing (using plants and etc to heal), and doctors last.

Some doctors use natural ways to heal but others play games with lives using things that they do not understand. I say lets us get forgiven of sins first and then ask God what will help us depending on our believing whether it be pray or doctors let God tell us. All ways look for the cause of the illness because if you take away the cause the body may heal itself in due time. Now its time for me to close for now but let me tell you I love all of yall.

With love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

NULL
jlerms
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 05:32:29 AM »

Brother Roy,ÂÂ  
  Thank you for that loving message.  May God bless and keep you with Him.  Smiley  ÃƒÆ’‚  ÃƒÆ’‚  Juliana

ps.  what does year 2027 mean?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 05:35:08 AM by jlerms » Logged
year2027
Banned

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 01:15:17 AM »

God first

Beloved Jlerms

God bless your loving heart

thanks

year2027 is the 2,000 year since Christ left up in the air and 1997 was Jesus Christ 2,000 birthday

with love and a holy spiritual kiss blowing your way Roy

NULL
Kolya
Still learning!

Snow in Red Square.

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 07:03:01 AM »

Thanks for the Homily, 2027.
Thought provoking stuff.
Many years
Kolya

Treat others as you would like to be treated!
year2027
Banned

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2005, 10:37:40 PM »

God first

Beloved Kolya

God bless your heart

thanks

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

NULL
eleni

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2005, 11:15:37 AM »

Hi and welcome year  2027 to the Orthodox Christianity forums.

Is what you write about the future?

Are you receiving messages of some kind?
I'm just a bit confused as to what you are trying to say......

Please forgive me if Im not quite getting what you mean
I do this with the spirit of Christ the son of God my Lord and Savior in my heart directing me what to write by the gift known as the holy spirit or the spirit of Christ in me. As I walk in this evil world I look for the good I can see in each person a may met along the way.

Are you saying that you are speaking with the Holy Spirit?

IX
helen
Bit confused
Smiley

A Prudent man foresees evil and hides himself;
The simple pass on and are punished.
-Proverbs27:12-
browneyedgirl

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2005, 11:58:34 AM »

yeah, i was kind of confused too.... Huh
Hadel
IN CHRIST
Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Jerusalem

Jesus Christ Our Lord, King of Kings

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2005, 01:37:35 AM »

God first
 Dear my beloved friends of the world wide inter net. I Roy William Perry III write unto you as year2027 my name for the inter net world. As I sat here in my home with arms reaching out unto my heavenly father God the Creator of heaven and earth.

ÂÂ  My goal is to help others learn to see the good in others with the love of God. The only thing that can help that good grow in others is God’s love by the way of each and every one of us. So many people look at the bad and not the good. But I say look at the good tell them about the good you see with love of God and that will take away some of the bad.

ÂÂ  For bad must be replace with good and it will be done in due time. Look at our bodies of flesh that will be replace with spiritual bodies that will not rot or corrupt. This will come at the return of Christ about the time death will be gone for good.

ÂÂ  A lot of Christians look for signs of this or that but I say look for how you can show your love to your brothers and sisters in Christ. Look for the good but beware of the bad and just do not do it or at least try to do only good. Before we can over come the bad in our lives we must at least try to overcome the sins we do and if we try God will help us in due time.

ÂÂ  Many believers think once they are saved they can not sin but that is not so. Just because God forgave you of you past sins does not mean your forgiven of your future sins. Now God is ready to forgive them too but we need too ask for the ones we know of and the one we do not know are sins he will forgive us because of our child like understanding.

ÂÂ  Now being forgiven and being saved are two differ things . To be saved is to be welcome into the family of God. Look even bad sons and daughters are love my the fleshly father and mother. God is no differ about loving his children. While asking forgiveness helps God to overlook for shortcomings as he hands out rewards. Just like if you use your fleshly family for money and do not owe up to it, your family might be slow to helping you with money when you need it.

ÂÂ  Look a sin is the wrong use of what God gave you. God gave you your sexual body to make children to help in your old age but if you take it as a game were is the value. Look the gift of being able to have children and its reward is help in your old age or that was God’s plan in the beginning.

ÂÂ  Look at healing and how the body heals itself. God set up the body to heal itself of all things but mankind found ways the attack the body faster than it can heal itself normally so God gave us ministry of healing, natural healing (using plants and etc to heal), and doctors last.

ÂÂ  Some doctors use natural ways to heal but others play games with lives using things that they do not understand. I say lets us get forgiven of sins first and then ask God what will help us depending on our believing whether it be pray or doctors let God tell us. All ways look for the cause of the illness because if you take away the cause the body may heal itself in due time. Now its time for me to close for now but let me tell you I love all of yall.

With love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

Hi Roy,

I like what you have to say, thank you, again.
I read this again on another Christian forum you must post it everywhere (christian sites).

Sounds like you are on a "mission" of some sort....I wish you could open up to us in this forum, however, this is your business and we appreciate the words of God you share.

In Christ,
Hadel

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
year2027
Banned

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2005, 04:45:44 AM »

God first

Beloved Eleni or Helen

God bless your loving heart my friend

thanks

I write by word of Prophecy as many did before me

Look

1 Cor 12:8  For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
9  To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10  To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
11  But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

read verse 11 again and look at nounds

11  But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he ( last nound the man) will.

As the man will

Now let me show you more

1 Cor 13:10  But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

that which perfect is Christ and he is who is coming that day we will know as we are known

1 Cor 13:12  For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

At the return of Christ we will know as we are known of God or by God

hope this helps

Beloved Brown eye Girl

God bless your loving heart too my friend

thanks

I hope what I wrote above to Eleni or Helen helps

Beloved Hadel

God bless your loving heart too my friend

thanks

I hope what I wrote above to Eleni or Helen helps

my only mission is to help all I can see God biger in their life

ask me anything

It may take me time to answer but I will in time but some times the answer is I do not know but I will all ways tell the truth

NULL
browneyedgirl

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2005, 01:48:38 PM »

you havent answered anything. your post made no sense to me. i cant make heads or tails of what you are talking about here.
year2027
Banned

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2005, 02:51:45 PM »

God first

Beloved BrownEyedgirl

God bless your heart

Lets try again

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is what you write about the future?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some times yes and some here and now but mostly here and now what you need to hear

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you receiving messages of some kind?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I talk to my Lord Jesus Christ and he tells me what to write

Some call it words of prophecy which are words spoken or wrote by the gift of the holy spirit

others wise God tells Christ what to help me speak or write but I use my mouth to speak or my fingers to write more or less
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NULL
choirfiend
ManIsChristian=iRnotgrEek.
High Elder

Rachael weeping for her children, for they are not

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2005, 04:55:28 PM »

I like John the Baptist for prophecy. I like some confirmation of saintliness for my prophets.

Qui cantat, bis orat
aserb
asinner
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Self Ruled Antiochian Archdiocese

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2005, 04:58:39 PM »

I am with you choirfriend.

Save us o' Son of God, who art risen from the dead, as we sing to thee Alleluia!
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2005, 07:23:16 PM »

This is called Plani or Prelest (spiritual delusion).
Christ isn't talking to you Roy, a big fat demon is.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the South

St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2005, 07:58:46 PM »

Reminds me of a story my priest told to a woman in an inquirer's class a while back who kept pestering him about whether or not Orthodox spoke in tongues.  Father told us about this young monk who went to his abbot and asked what he should do if he received a vision.  The abbot answered, "Drive it away with a stick.  You are not worthy of such things."  Then he went on to describe prelest.

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2005, 08:30:51 PM »

"If there arises among you a prophet or a dreamer of dreams, and he gives you a sign or a wonder, and the sign or the wonder comes to pass, of which he spoke to you, saying, "Let us go after other gods'--which you have not known--"and let us serve them,' you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams, for the LORD your God is testing you to know whether you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul. You shall walk after the LORD your God and fear Him, and keep His commandments and obey His voice; you shall serve Him and hold fast to Him. But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death, because he has spoken in order to turn you away from the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt and redeemed you from the house of bondage, to entice you from the way in which the LORD your God commanded you to walk. So you shall put away the evil from your midst." - Deut. 13:1-5
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2005, 09:20:51 PM »

But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death

And although a public stoning may make an interesting change from watching "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire", I think it may be sufficient if we pray for Roy.

choirfiend
High Elder

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2005, 09:29:54 PM »

We get to watch public stonings all the time...Doesnt anyone watch the politics part of the news?

That said, I hate politics and I hate American media most of the time. yicky.

Qui cantat, bis orat
year2027
Banned

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2005, 11:57:39 PM »

God first

Beloved Choirfiend and Aserb

God bless your hearts my dear friends

I am no Prophet nor do I claim to be one but I do speak in tongues and speak words of prophecy

A little about confirmation

Matt 12:39  But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

mark 8:11  And the Pharisees came forth, and began to question with him, seeking of him a sign from heaven, tempting him.

12  And he sighed deeply in his spirit, and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a sign? verily I say unto you, There shall no sign be given unto this generation.

You need to talk to God about me

Beloved Ozgeorge

God bless your loving heart

What evil have I done to you

Why do you falsely judge me

I never said I was a Prophet but one who talks to God and Jesus Christ

Stop playing God and begin to talk to God yourself or do you not believe in talking to God its begins with prayer

Beloved Veniamin

God bless your heart

Why does the bible talk about it if it can not be done

The bible because God wants to fellowship with us by one on one talks

PS I could call my words just words but that would be lying and I will not lie to you no matter what you think of me

NULL
year2027
Banned

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2005, 12:11:08 AM »

God first

Beloved Paradosis

God bless your heart

you wrote
---------------------------------------------------------------------
If there arises among you a prophet or a dreamer of dreams, and he gives you a sign or a wonder, and the sign or the wonder comes to pass, of which he spoke to you, saying, "Let us go after other gods'--which you have not known--"and let us serve them,' you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams, for the LORD your God is testing you to know whether you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul. You shall walk after the LORD your God and fear Him, and keep His commandments and obey His voice; you shall serve Him and hold fast to Him. But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death, because he has spoken in order to turn you away from the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt and redeemed you from the house of bondage, to entice you from the way in which the LORD your God commanded you to walk. So you shall put away the evil from your midst." - Deut. 13:1-5
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have gave you no sign just words you can use or not and I have only build up the God you say you love and his son

Beloved ozgeorge

God bless your heart

you wrote
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death

And although a public stoning may make an interesting change from watching "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire", I think it may be sufficient if we pray for Roy.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address removed. John

Come on kill me if that will help your fellowship with God

I am not afraid of you because you do not know who you talk to so I will tell you

I am a man of flesh and blood who loves his God the creator of heaven and earth along with his son Jesus the Christ

But about praying do it I can all ways use that as I will pray for yall

Beloved Choirfiend

God bless your heart

you can get my address above if you think I am that evil stone me

Ps I used to get sad when people talk evil at me for just trying to help in this dark evil world

« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 01:23:41 AM by prodromos » Logged

NULL
Cephas
There is no spoon.
Elder

Faith: Coptic Orthodox
Jurisdiction: See of St. Mark

γνῶθισε αυτόν

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2005, 12:14:36 AM »

â€Â  Irini nem ehmot â€Â

While I agree that some people may be gifted with prophecy, I am not one to believe it.  You've been quoting verses that support your claims, but I have one for you as well:

"Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'  And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'"

-- Matthew 7:22-23

Prayers please.

Cephas 

"But he was wounded for our transgressions, crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the punishment that made us whole, and by his bruises we are healed."
-- Isaiah 53:5

"He who knows himself knows God"
-- Pi Nishti Abba Antony
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2005, 12:22:13 AM »

Come on kill me if that will help your fellowship with God

I am not afraid of you because you do not know who you talk to so I will tell you

Roy,
No one wants to kill you, and only the devil would hold an idea such as killing another human being to help "fellowship with God". What I am trying to tell you is that, you have been decieved by the devil into believing you are communing with Christ, and this is called "plani" in the Greek Orthodox Tradition, and "prelest" in the Russian Orthodox Tradition. All of us, to some degree, are in "plani", but you are in the classic "text-book case" form.

Could one of the moderators please remove this man's address from his last post- he is obviously not in a state of mental balance, and needs to be protected.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 12:23:04 AM by ozgeorge » Logged

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2005, 12:24:38 AM »

George,

That's what I had in mind! Any time I see death, destruction, kill, maim, etc. in the old testament, I automatically think of a "spiritual" sense. Otherwise, something like praying the hours would be quite a morbid experience, what with the Psalmist talking so much about crushing his enemies into the ground and dashing their children against rocks and whatnot! Smiley

"If there arises among you a prophet or a dreamer of dreams, and he gives you a sign or a wonder, and the sign or the wonder comes to pass, of which he spoke to you, saying, "Let us go after other gods'--which you have not known--"and let us serve them,' you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams, for the LORD your God is testing you to know whether you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul. You shall walk after the LORD your God and fear Him, and keep His commandments and obey His voice; you shall serve Him and hold fast to Him.

I notice that whether you should listen to or follow a prophet has absolutely nothing to do with whether their prophecies come true. It is all about leading you away from the faith. Now, if Roy claimed to be someone sharing his thoughts, I would have viewed his posts accordingly. There's a lot that I find completely agreeable. In fact, I agree with what he says more than some Orthodox Christians, as strange as it is for me to say. However, saying that you "speak words of prophecy", claiming confidently to have God speaking through you, etc.... these are lofty and profound things--and a dangerous claim.

We sometimes call Church Fathers prophets, but in a different sense, for in that case we are talking about those whom God had chosen to lead his Church and help her discover truth in each generation (St. Vincent of Lerins, The Commonitory, 12 and 28). Even St. Paul, someone we know was directly taught by God the Gospel, had to submit to the Church authority--to Christ's body--to make sure that he was on the right track (Acts 9:17-20; Gal. 1:11-12, 17-19; 2:1-10)

...But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death, because he has spoken in order to turn you away from the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt and redeemed you from the house of bondage, to entice you from the way in which the LORD your God commanded you to walk. So you shall put away the evil from your midst." - Deut. 13:1-5

The prophet shall be put to death... by his own hand. That is to say, he dies a spiritual death every time he gives a false statement and claims to be speaking prophetically or for God, when he is really giving his opinion. A person can die thousands of spiritual deaths, but each one is like a scar on the soul, which blackens and increasingly harms it, until it is difficult to have any spiritual discernment. I want the evil put away from our midst: I want Roy to come to no harm, but admitting to himself that, while we all certainly hope that the Holy Spirit is guiding us, and that Christ is in us, we cannot say with full assurance that these things are true, as though we have a direct line with God.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 12:27:43 AM by Paradosis » Logged
year2027
Banned

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2005, 12:25:58 AM »

God first

Beloved Cephas

God bless your heart

Yes Jesus Christ will say that for many and it will be true

You see its the heart that makes a man good or bad

We can speak words all day long but we must do it with a pure heart

Now I sin just like the rest of us

Its the love of God that means most not words and that why I share what I hear

No one has to believe me

I do not ask for money because it would be wrong

I live on S.S. because of my heath my check is not big but its more than I need

I just share what I hear as you share what you believe

We just try to help who we can

NULL
choirfiend
High Elder

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2005, 12:41:52 AM »

Roy,

No one wants to stone you. We speak to God in prayer, but when someone says God is actively speaking back messages that you need to pass on, that takes some discernment. All the best to you, but a prophet is one who makes prophecies. If you're hearing messages from God, you should speak to someone about them.

Mods, this was cut out for you.

Qui cantat, bis orat
year2027
Banned

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2005, 12:48:44 AM »

God first

Beloved Ozgeoge

God loves you my dear friend

I know no one wants to kill

I have no fear and my address is all over the net it does not matter

You say and you have the right to believe what you want

Beloved Paradosis

God bless your heart

you said "someone sharing his thoughts" will that what most think unless I am ask then I on the spote to lie or tell the truth

I will not lie I do not know why God pick me to share some things with

One thing to note there are two kinds of prophecy

one foretelling the furture and the sharing Gods heart or things that must line up with the bible

That does not mean all our understanding of the bible is right

We are all just men runing after the truth or the word of God

it can be wrote in many ways but it must build up God's love and his son's love

The word of God is all about God given us his great love so must he gave us his son

Now you can call my words what ever you think is best but my hopes is that they get you to pray more and read the bible more

Faith comes by reading the words of God and the bible is a great beginning as you know

NULL
year2027
Banned

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2005, 12:55:24 AM »

God first

Beloved Choirfiend

God bless your heart

I have been hearing God talk to be for many years

It begin about 1980 but writing down what I heard did not begin until year 2000

All I say is you pray to God as to whether my words are good or bad because God see's my heart

God allso knows what I wrote before I wrote it

NULL
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2005, 03:18:52 AM »

That's what I had in mind!
Paradosis,
I know! I was kidding! I thought the idea of attending a stoning rather than watching TV made that obvious. From Roy's own response as well as yours it clearly wasn't taken this way, and I'm sorry. Henceforth, no more mirth (well, for the next twenty minutes anyway).

The prophet shall be put to death... by his own hand. That is to say, he dies a spiritual death every time he gives a false statement and claims to be speaking prophetically or for God, when he is really giving his opinion. A person can die thousands of spiritual deaths, but each one is like a scar on the soul, which blackens and increasingly harms it, until it is difficult to have any spiritual discernment. I want the evil put away from our midst: I want Roy to come to no harm, but admitting to himself that, while we all certainly hope that the Holy Spirit is guiding us, and that Christ is in us, we cannot say with full assurance that these things are true, as though we have a direct line with God.
I agree with you totally, but Roy is so entrenched in his prelest that he was willing to place himself in unecessary danger. I have seen this before, I used to work in Correctional Services in the "Forensic" section. In Australia, if the Courts decide that you were insane at the time you committed your crime, you are placed in "Forensics" which is staffed by psychiatric Nurses and a mental health team. I remember one patient who, prior to his admission was convinced that he needed to prove his fidelity to Christ by sawing his hand off through a band saw because the "voice" of "Christ" commanded him to do so. Others would hang themselves in their cells to "prove to God" that they are ready to "go to him". Roy placed his address on this thread, inviting someone to harm him, not realising that it is a sin to place yourself in deliberate danger and to "tempt the Lord thy God."
When someone is in this state, we do need to be honest with them ("listen mate, you are in prelest!"), and yes, we have to ignore thier "prophecies", and yes, they have "seared their conscience" so that they have great difficulty with any spiritual discernment, but there is still a human soul and a human life there, worthy of love, and of every effort to save it.

SonofAslan

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2005, 03:36:35 AM »

Well, I could certainly use some kind of mesasage from God right now, so I'll give it a shot. What does Christ want you to tell me, Year2027?
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2005, 03:58:37 AM »

Well, I could certainly use some kind of mesasage from God right now, so I'll give it a shot. What does Christ want you to tell me, Year2027?

Hang on.......I'm getting something here..........

"Hast thou considered the possibility that the difficulties thou hadst at Holy Cross were not because thou wast not Greek, but because thy tutors and peers saw something about thee that thou doest not see? Such as thy propensity to make a mockery of the mentally ill?"
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 05:00:22 AM by ozgeorge » Logged

Kolya
Still learning!

Snow in Red Square.

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2005, 07:00:08 AM »

MODS!
I'm all for free-for-all when we are sane, but someone in this world needs protection from himself and our prayers.
Could we end this thread? 

Treat others as you would like to be treated!
prodromos
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2005, 07:29:41 AM »

Ageed Kolya. I really can't see any benefit to this thread continuing.

John
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: