Author Topic: Sorry Mina I'm thinking more  (Read 1947 times)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Sorry Mina I'm thinking more
« on: September 02, 2015, 08:43:25 AM »
Even if a non christian can be saved some may not like to be saved because someone they love died lost such a person should know God does not do anything without reason if He judges them and one should be on Gods side His judgement is fair and perfect you should only worry about your own salvation. Would you join the enemies side instead of the true God? therefore Jesus said he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad when He said he who does not speak evil of Me is on our side. Not that He accepted (He may have) those who did not follow the disciples but because they preached christ more joined the church. Therefore there is a war

I accidentally pressed post I was thinking if I should post

The sad thing is someone may not be saved simply because they never heard someone preach but they are exactly the same as the one who was preached to and repented

God is righteous in judgement that means if you were God you would do the same thing as Him if you are also Holy and if heaven is a good place
Otherwise you are evil if you let the wicked go free and let the oppressed stay oppressed which is what may happen if you save everyone
That doesn't make sense I mean if you let the reward of the wicked to be the same as the righteous because no one will be righteous and be able to enjoy the good things God offers

If God sees it is right to save everyone He will and if He wants to

What are your thoughts on the rich man asking God to send a man raised from the dead to his brothers and jesus refusing saying they have Moses that they will not repent even if one goes to them from the dead?does that mean it is not hopeless for those who have not heard a preacher because God knows whether they would respond if a preacher preached ?
Why then preach ? I guess God sends preachers when there is a need

Also the rich man was before christ God found it necessary for Christ to preach in His time just to witness to His righteousness so does that mean Christs coming was not necessary at all apart from that ?
But He made a new covenant based on better promises I guess He had to come to effect the new covenant which is only possible by dying
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 09:15:54 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!
  • Faith: Orthodox
Re: Sorry Mina I'm thinking more
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 09:05:14 AM »
Mike, all that is God's business. No need for you to keep dwelling on it.  :)
Am I posting? Or is it Schroedinger's Cat?

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 09:11:54 AM »
Maybe you are right

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 09:24:07 AM »
Well I have to correct some thoughts: so the person who was never preached to can be saved if he is righteous but he may choose not to be when he would have if he heard a preacher but I said in original post God knows whether he would have responded so I don't know which is right but it is possible God always sends a preacher by sending us out to preach if there is a need
There is a need for those who would not reject the message unlike that rich man in the story of Lazarus
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 09:34:19 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 09:25:02 AM »
God has His ways, Mike. He knows what to do.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 09:26:03 AM »
Thanks

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 10:02:22 AM »
In conclusion God will always send a preacher if there is a need which there is the harvest is plentiful not everyone was like that rich man or the Jews and if it is us then we will be judged if we don't preach
But perhaps God did not give the gift of preaching to us all
That's as far as I can see to go beyond that is Gods business and dwelling too much
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 10:04:18 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 10:05:07 AM »
Mike, leave it to God.  :)

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me St. Severus
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 12:49:40 PM »
Dear Mike,

I want to hear from you any contemplations on prayer.  Leave aside God's judgment of people.  What about how to pray, what to do when praying, types of prayer?  And consider practicing what you contemplate.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2015, 09:06:49 AM »
Prayer is hard for me nowadays I dont feel I have anything to talk about because nothing concerns me that I have the power to change but I will try to pray 5 minutes a day as my father also told me
Sorry I didn't see your reply
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 09:07:44 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2015, 10:39:26 AM »
Well, study about it.  You'll find you'll have a lot more to say, and it is more beneficial for you than questions about who is going to heaven.  Instead, contemplate about your prayer relationship with God.  Would you like me to recommend a book for you?
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2015, 11:54:23 AM »
Yes please I will try to focus on my relation with God

Offline minasoliman

• Stratopedarches
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2015, 12:47:20 PM »
How about Beginning to Pray by Metropolitan Anthony Bloom? Pretty simple and practical book.  We can even discuss it here as you read along if you like.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2015, 08:53:28 PM »
Thanks I will buy it seems like it will be a good book

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2015, 05:14:32 AM »
My book is coming between September 18 to September 30
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 05:16:03 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline minasoliman

• Stratopedarches
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2015, 01:45:26 PM »
okay...great....it's slow, but it's a start

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2015, 01:55:27 PM »
It is a very good book.

Read it slowly.  Just because the words are simple and easy to understand, do not race through it.

*voice of experience*
All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2015, 05:30:48 PM »
Thanks Denise :)