Author Topic: What happens to those who were never preached orthodoxy ?  (Read 736 times)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
What happens to those who were never preached orthodoxy ?
« on: August 31, 2015, 09:27:27 PM »
I mean who never had a church that accomodates their culture. Should they be blamed for not joining a foreign culture and fellowshipping with them? our church has english services but some still do not feel at home. Why did we not make english orthodox churches sooner?
but can't all converts fellowship with each other? does the eastern orthodox church have american orthodox churches? but some want to fellowship with all. Is that necessary ?

about this verse "how shall they hear without a preacher?"
why did we not preach orthodoxy sooner? are protestants condemned who never had someone come preach to them?

"how shall they preach unless they been sent?"
are all orthodox sent not just clergy? if so is it only orthodox not protestants?
how do protestants explain who are the ones not sent?
as orthodox we may explain it is protestants who are not sent but the orthodox laity are sent as with the 70 apostles. Is all the orthodox laity sent? and they have to go 2 by 2. Are they chosen if they are filled with the holy spirit and wisdom and know the bible well?

When Jesus said pray the Lord of the harvest to send out labourers to His harvest
What makes one know he is sent of God ? Will God give them a vision ?

Can't one join an Orthodox Church to take the sacraments and not fellowship with others ?
Can't someone hear a sermon and then leave ?
But some want to fellowship to look after those born orthodox Each member has its own part to play but some don't want to spend time with them

How do we know Timothy received the gift of teaching through apostolic succession and not by receiving a blessing from a righteous man such as Paul ?

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!
  • Faith: Orthodox
Re: What happens to those who were never preached orthodoxy ?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 10:43:17 PM »
Mike, it's God's call to take care of the non-Orthodox, not yours.  :)
Am I posting? Or is it Schroedinger's Cat?

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 10:56:47 PM »
Hi Mike,
Good to see you are back. And I trust you are feeling well.
Your questions are difficult, so slow and easy.
God sends us, the laity, to be living examples and models. Not to talk, talk, but to live the way and show others by our actions of Right Living, not preaching.
We are to be patient and live a long life of example. We hope others will talk to us about how we live, fast, pray often, Receive Our Medicine, so it is good to read our Ancient Fathers when we are able.

For those who never heard The Word, God will take care of them in His Way....we may wonder and speculate, but it is idle time and The Fathers encourage us not to spend our time thinking of such things.
The other day I was asked, by an idle thinker, "Can God make a rock so big that He can't move it"?
Sometimes it is hard for me to tell somebody in a Christian manner to move on with their silly thoughts as in the question he asked me.
I hope I did not offend him. I prayed for him afterwards and saw him later and told him I prayed for him. He understood.
God is The Creator of All Free Beings

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 01:28:09 AM »
Thanks LBK and LenInSebastopol :)