OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 20, 2014, 09:28:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers for a job  (Read 1716 times) Average Rating: 0
Donna Rose
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« on: July 08, 2005, 12:17:15 AM »

Dear Friends,

Last week I applied for a job back home, which I really want to get for when I move home in August - it is at the public library in my town. I am interested in becoming a librarian, and getting this job would be a great first step. Please pray that it is God's will that I get this job, or at least an interview. Thank you in advance.

In Christ,
Donna Mary

hmmmm...
Girl
Search the unknown

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 12:24:51 AM »

Oh definitely! May Gods will be done and may you be at peace with his,  allways meaningful, decisions.

"Go out and make disciples of all nations" (Mathew 28:19)
Cephas
There is no spoon.
Elder

Faith: Coptic Orthodox
Jurisdiction: See of St. Mark

γνῶθισε αυτόν

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 12:26:19 AM »

â€Â  Irini nem ehmot â€Â

May the Lord grant you all the best.  The prayers of the Holy Theotokos and St. Paul the Anchorite be with you.

Cephas 

"But he was wounded for our transgressions, crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the punishment that made us whole, and by his bruises we are healed."
-- Isaiah 53:5

"He who knows himself knows God"
-- Pi Nishti Abba Antony
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 12:30:32 AM »

Please know that my prayers are joining the others here.

I hope you get the job, but if not, I am absolutely positive the Lord has an even better plan and situation for you!

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
sin_vladimirov
ANAXIOS!
Elder

ICXC NIKA

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005, 12:32:31 AM »

May Most Holy Trinity, our God hear the prayers of the faitfull up and down and may be dear to THEM to hear those prayers and grant them.

Lord have mercy.
Jennifer
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2005, 12:43:14 AM »

Prayers offered.

Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2005, 12:47:05 AM »

Dear Friends,

Last week I applied for a job back home, which I really want to get for when I move home in August - it is at the public library in my town. I am interested in becoming a librarian, and getting this job would be a great first step. Please pray that it is God's will that I get this job, or at least an interview. Thank you in advance.

In Christ,
Donna Mary

Prayers for you!

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2005, 06:49:54 PM »

In my prayers

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2005, 11:33:25 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

Mor Ephrem > Justin Kissel
macedonia74
Banned

St. Naum of Ohrid

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2005, 02:42:14 AM »

I pray Our Lord be with you to fill your heart with love and content

"The one who is free can go wherever he wishes to, in the light of the manifested grace. The captured one will be led by the captor, and will at the same time be convinced that he is his own guide" -- Met. Nahum of Strumica
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2005, 11:52:06 AM »

Donna,

Sorry I'm a bit late, prayers for your choice, a noble profession, my senior clerk returned to the public library just before I retired, she missed the envoirment.

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Donna Rose
High Elder

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2005, 12:06:59 PM »

Thank you all for your prayers...I have yet to hear back (although I am not available to work until end of August, so they could be taking their time)...so please keep them coming!

Smiley

hmmmm...
Donna Rose
High Elder

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2005, 12:09:26 PM »

Sorry I'm a bit late, prayers for your choice, a noble profession, my senior clerk returned to the public library just before I retired, she missed the envoirment.

yea, I figured, what do I like best in the world? Books and children. Where can I deal with both all day? A (children's) library. LOL that's the extent of the internal career counseling I experienced. Smiley If I get this job in my public library I will get a sense of whether this is the career path I should be on.

hmmmm...
FrChris
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2005, 12:14:43 PM »

Thank you all for your prayers...I have yet to hear back (although I am not available to work until end of August, so they could be taking their time)...so please keep them coming!

You bet...you're on my 'list' until I hear otherwise.

yea, I figured, what do I like best in the world? Books and children. Where can I deal with both all day? A (children's) library. LOL that's the extent of the internal career counseling I experienced. Smiley If I get this job in my public library I will get a sense of whether this is the career path I should be on.

Good luck with your choice! With the desire to work with books and children, you can't go wrong combining those two things!

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Donna Rose
High Elder

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2005, 01:09:55 AM »

Update: for all intents and purposes, I have an interview Smiley it won't happen until I am back home, in 2 weeks, but I spoke to the person in charge of hiring and they are interested in seeing me Smiley thank you all for your prayers and if you could say one more that the interview (in 2 weeks) goes well, I would be very grateful.

In Christ,
Donna Mary

hmmmm...
FrChris
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2005, 09:34:13 AM »

Of course I will remember to pray! Because you want this job, I do hope you get it.

But remember, even if you do not receive this job, it is not the disaster it may first seem to be. Whatever job you do receive, keep searching for the Lord in it, for then you will be content.

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: