OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 30, 2014, 08:34:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Justification of Terrorism?  (Read 633 times) Average Rating: 0
Timos
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian

« on: July 07, 2005, 02:57:49 PM »

In light of this mornings terrorit attack on London, Muslims justify their actions from the Quran (but often times sugar-coat the "annihilate the unbelievers!" with some more positive verses like "be kind to the people of the Book"-the Jews and Christians).

Before I ask my question I want to make it clear that I am not agnostic, I just don't understand something...

As I read the Old Testament, I couldn't help but notice the way God told His people to attack gentile cities and murder and take their booty. Why did God do this? This is something which I find is a disrepancy between the OT and NT. But myself being a junior colege guy, whenever I asked the priest he couldn't give me a straight answer and would somehow go to the NT and point that our beliefs are more based on the NT.

I have heard the metaphorical answer from the epistle that before God could "feed" his children solid food he had to give them milk and just as parents sometimes need to be rough with their children so God was with the Jews but what about the gentiles?

In my mind I cannot justify the way Jericho and countless other gentiles were looted and  killed.

Timos

EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 11:46:16 PM »

Dear Timos,

If you visit the following link: http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php?topic=5146.msg65702#msg65702 you will find an exchange between Matthew777 and I, that we had concerning this issue a while ago.

Peace.

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: