Poll

A Ministry section on OC.net

Yea
71 (83.5%)
Nay
14 (16.5%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: Ministry section on the forums  (Read 11659 times)

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
Re: Ministry section on the forums
« Reply #180 on: August 24, 2016, 05:38:32 PM »

1910 AD - ~35% of people in the world are Christians

And after a century of television, radio, airplanes, assembly line factories, xerox machines, internets, etc. (all of which gives richer western nations--ie. heavily Christian areas--a huge technology and resource advantage when carrying out missionary work)...

2010 AD - ~32% of people in the world are Christians

Clearly we're doomed.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline Opus118

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #181 on: August 24, 2016, 11:51:05 PM »

1910 AD - ~35% of people in the world are Christians

And after a century of television, radio, airplanes, assembly line factories, xerox machines, internets, etc. (all of which gives richer western nations--ie. heavily Christian areas--a huge technology and resource advantage when carrying out missionary work)...

2010 AD - ~32% of people in the world are Christians

Clearly we're doomed.

I am too lazy (I am going to bed in 5 minutes) to put my critical thinking beret on. But my guess is that this number you are disconcerted about stems primarily from  dates 1910 to 1920. The genocide of the Armenians and Greeks in Turkey. World
War I (with 4->10% loss in the population of France, Germany, and Serbia (especially). World War II which I am not going to look up the facts because it should be clear to you.
"Mi tío es enfermo, pero la carretera es verde!" - old Chilean saying

Offline serb1389

• Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • Save Oh Lord your People! And Bless us all!
« Reply #182 on: September 01, 2016, 05:04:43 PM »
This thread seems to be veering in a totally different direction :police: :police:.  If it continues, I might end up splitting the conversation.  Just an FYI for y'all. 

Offline NicholasMyra

• Merarches
    • Hyperdox Herman
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Partially-overlapping
« Reply #183 on: September 09, 2016, 01:23:31 PM »
This thread seems to be veering in a totally different direction :police: :police:.  If it continues, I might end up splitting the conversation.  Just an FYI for y'all.

Please do.

So it's been a year since I posted this thread about a Ministry section. Judging by the votes it was well received. What say the mods? Time to move forward?
Quote from: Fr. Thomas Hopko, dystopian parable of the prodigal son
...you can imagine so-called healing services of the pigpen. The books that could be written, you know: Life in the Pigpen. How to Cope in the Pigpen. Being Happy in the Pigpen. Surviving in the Pigpen. And then there could be counselling, for people who feel unhappy in the pigpen, to try to get them to come to terms with the pigpen, and to accept the pigpen.

Offline serb1389

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #184 on: September 15, 2016, 11:20:10 AM »

Please do.

So it's been a year since I posted this thread about a Ministry section. Judging by the votes it was well received. What say the mods? Time to move forward?

We are actually a lot closer to this than you think.  We have just nominated & accepted several new moderators, thus giving us a much needed boost in the moderator pool. 

When that is all finished up, I plan on taking this up with the rest of the moderators, as I had originally promised in the beginning. 

If you remember, I said we need to solve the lack of moderators on the forum issue FIRST, and then we can think about expanding. 

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #185 on: September 15, 2016, 06:57:16 PM »
At some point amid these operations there could be one to solve the lack of serious posters on OC.net ...
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline NicholasMyra

• Merarches
    • Hyperdox Herman
« Reply #186 on: September 15, 2016, 07:20:51 PM »

Please do.

We are actually a lot closer to this than you think.  We have just nominated & accepted several new moderators, thus giving us a much needed boost in the moderator pool. 

When that is all finished up, I plan on taking this up with the rest of the moderators, as I had originally promised in the beginning. 

If you remember, I said we need to solve the lack of moderators on the forum issue FIRST, and then we can think about expanding.
Right. Glad to hear!
...you can imagine so-called healing services of the pigpen. The books that could be written, you know: Life in the Pigpen. How to Cope in the Pigpen. Being Happy in the Pigpen. Surviving in the Pigpen. And then there could be counselling, for people who feel unhappy in the pigpen, to try to get them to come to terms with the pigpen, and to accept the pigpen.

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #187 on: September 15, 2016, 09:56:28 PM »
At some point amid these operations there could be one to solve the lack of serious posters on OC.net ...

We could go recruiting at that other forum but I think everyone there died of boredom
Don John pounding from the slaughter-painted poop
- GK Chesteron, "Lepanto"

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Ο προκαθήμενος της Ορθοδοξίας - The President of Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #188 on: September 15, 2016, 09:58:40 PM »

We could go recruiting at that other forum but I think everyone there died of boredom

Charbelkaleab's? 
How this relates to the coming Antichrist? I don't know...

The erection of one’s rod counts as a form of glory (Theophylaktos of Ohrid, A Defense of Eunuchs, p. 329).

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #189 on: November 21, 2016, 09:32:07 PM »

Charbelkaleab's?

I did not get this joke. ???

(mostly I just wanted to do a totally-non-resurrectional bump of the thread though)

Offline serb1389

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #190 on: December 08, 2016, 12:28:03 PM »
Hey you all, just wanted to let you all know this is still on my radar.  We are working on some other projects as a team, however. So we might not get to this until well after the new year.

Offline NicholasMyra

• Merarches
    • Hyperdox Herman
« Reply #191 on: August 05, 2017, 01:02:24 PM »
Hey you all, just wanted to let you all know this is still on my radar.  We are working on some other projects as a team, however. So we might not get to this until well after the new year.
Great to hear, Fr!

Offline serb1389

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #192 on: August 06, 2017, 10:47:48 AM »
HAHAHAHAHA  Dude I love you.  You have no idea how much this whole process has meant to me. 

I'll check in where things are at with the Mods.

Obvious next step is finding a moderator for the section. 

Offline NicholasMyra

• Merarches
    • Hyperdox Herman
« Reply #193 on: August 06, 2017, 02:02:08 PM »
HAHAHAHAHA  Dude I love you.  You have no idea how much this whole process has meant to me. 

Nice! Look forward to hearing more.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #194 on: August 06, 2017, 03:04:13 PM »

Nice! Look forward to hearing more.

lol

The erection of one’s rod counts as a form of glory (Theophylaktos of Ohrid, A Defense of Eunuchs, p. 329).

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #195 on: October 09, 2017, 10:20:52 PM »

Presumably signing in to the forum on a regular basis wouldn't be a requirement :P  ;)

Offline serb1389

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #196 on: November 20, 2017, 03:40:30 PM »
Hey a...so where's my thank-you?   :police: :police: :police: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :-* :-* :-* :o :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) ;) :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #197 on: November 20, 2017, 05:12:32 PM »
Hey a...so where's my thank-you?   :police: :police: :police: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :-* :-* :-* :o :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) ;) :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Thank you Fr. George, Fr. Serb et al. This is a valuable thing.

Offline serb1389

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #198 on: November 29, 2017, 12:30:00 PM »
HAHAHAHAHA  I knew if I said something I'd eat pie at some point...didn't know the pie was already in my face!   ;D