Author Topic: Pray I find a home I can Worship God for life..also torn between E.O. and Coptic  (Read 769 times)

Offline seekeroftruth777

• Archon
  • It a bird, it a plane, no it's Orthogringo!
  • Faith: Orthogringo
  • Jurisdiction: GOARCH
Well went to Vespers tonight at the Greek Orthodox Church, it was pretty good and making more contacts feeling less of a loner. The Father is a very humble man with a sense of a humor. Still however between the Greek Church, the Coptic Orthodox Church or The Russian Church I feel like I still looking for a home, It like no matter where I leave I met wonderful people. Idealistically  I would love to go to the Orthodox Church a hour and half away it traditional but friendly to newcomers , has a family atmosphere and while traditional it under the Jerusalem Patriarchate, Orthodox Middle Easterners are awesome in there hospitality. However the travel situation since I take the bus is impossible especially with my work schedule to go the J.P. Church  :( . Realistically it either going to be the Greek Orthodox Church or the Coptic Orthodox Church. The Russian Church while I love the Church Slavonic and the Father is more traditional then the Greek  Orthodox Church which goes above and beyond in some Modern things I don't like but there minor so I can live with it. I don't know it just I don't know any Slavonic at all and it makes it feel wired trying to go along bowing and doing prostrations at the wrong time looking like a fool at the Russian Church. It like the Holy Spirit is helping with this process of elimination down to the Greek and Coptic Churches. I want to also have a visit to the Syriac Orthodox Church a hour or so away when I have a working vehicle unless I converted by then.

I need your Prayers to find the right place of worship where I feel yup this is it a done deal. It hard since you get to know people and will miss them. Also please pray for me to come to a conclusion between Eastern Orthodoxy and Coptic Orthodoxy both make strong cases for their faiths actually the Copts have been super nice I expected to get chased out the first time but I was proven wrong :laugh:
Just Pray for me folks I am torn I'm going to Continue to limit my posts per day & stick to Studying the Church Fathers, Scripture the Desert Fathers and the Early Church. Thanks OC.Net you all been a help on my journey got to go to bed there liturgy early in the morning. I can't afford to sleep in and miss it because I'm trying to make to as many liturgies and events as possible. Pray for me folks

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me St. Severus
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
Lord, have mercy!
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline NicholasMyra

• Antivoluntarist evangelist
  • Merarches
    • Hyperdox Herman
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Partially-overlapping
Lord have mercy.
Quote from: Fr. Thomas Hopko, dystopian parable of the prodigal son
...you can imagine so-called healing services of the pigpen. The books that could be written, you know: Life in the Pigpen. How to Cope in the Pigpen. Being Happy in the Pigpen. Surviving in the Pigpen. And then there could be counselling, for people who feel unhappy in the pigpen, to try to get them to come to terms with the pigpen, and to accept the pigpen.

Offline Maximum Bob

• Archon
  • Personal Text? We can have personal text?
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
Lord, have mercy on your servant.
Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.

Offline Salpy

• Toumarches
  • Holy Martyrs of the Armenian Genocide pray for us!
Lord have mercy!

Offline seekeroftruth777

• Archon
  • It a bird, it a plane, no it's Orthogringo!
  • Faith: Orthogringo
thanks everyone I can't sleep just in a wired way excited I'm taking the steps needed and I confess with my protestant & catholic years I might have had a hard time accepting the claims in secret due to history but Orthodoxy is solid no matter where Iand

Offline Maria

• Boldly Proclaiming True Orthodox Christianity
  • Toumarches
  • O most Holy Theotokos, save us.
    • Saint Euphrosynos Cafe Discussion Forum
  • Faith: TrueGenuine Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: GOC under Archbishop Stephanos
Lord have mercy.
The memory of God should be treasured in our hearts like the precious pearl mentioned in the Holy Gospel. Our life's goal should be to nurture and contemplate God always within, and never let it depart, for this steadfastness will drive demons away from us. - Paraphrased from St. Philotheus of Sinai
Writings from the Philokalia: On Prayer of the Heart,
Translated from the Russian by E. Kadloubovksy and G.E.H. Palmer, Faber and Faber, London, Boston, 1992 printing.

Offline marigold

• Archon
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of Atlanta
Lord, have mercy on seekeroftruth777.

Offline byhisgrace

• AOCB
  • Site Supporter
  • OC.net guru
  • Memory Eternal to my Younger Brother
Lord have mercy.

Best wishes on your journey, seekeroftruth.
Oh Holy Apostle, St. John, pray for us

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
    • Archive of Our Own works
Lord have mercy.

St. Peter and St. Paul, pray for us.
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Parakeetist/works Warning: stories have mature content.

"Some people only feel good when they are praising the Lord." - Coptic bishop

Mt. 21:31 Jesus said to them, ÔÇťAssuredly, I say to you that tax collectors and harlots enter the kingdom of God before you."

"Our Lord will *never* stop loving us." - Fr. Michael P.

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of New Jersey
Lord have mercy.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
Lord, have mercy on your servant!
God bless!

Offline Maximum Bob

• Archon
  • Personal Text? We can have personal text?
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Continued prayers. Lord, have mercy.
Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.