Author Topic: I wish these people were still posting  (Read 16406 times)

Offline Antonious Nikolas

• Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite
  • Taxiarches
  • Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Oriental Orthodox Church
Re: I wish these people were still posting
« Reply #270 on: August 01, 2017, 08:57:52 PM »
It is not my hope to replace Christianity, only to infuse it with nationalism

German or Mexican nationalism? The world needs to know.

The one with "the white women".  ::)
I'm with the camp of 13 million Americans that believe politicians are, or are controlled by, Reptilians. I think only monks can solve this problem. It doesn't seem right that they prefer to ignore it.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #271 on: August 01, 2017, 09:27:31 PM »
Whatever happened to JamesR, last post I seen of him was something about Gideons. He was kind of interesting.

I took to Facebook and became a full-blown neoreactionary traditionalist progressively honing my rhetoric and pushing the limit to see how explicit I can get with my beliefs in college speeches without getting in trouble. I wrote an essay that is still on display at the very first community college I attended. I dated a couple girls; it did not end well. I am excelling in college and have maintained a 4.0 GPA and perfect grades every semester. Spiritually I would not say that I hate God anymore, although I have come to accept and even make peace with the fact that Christianity, in part due to its own dogmas and in part due to the Church, does not embody the sort of values and beliefs that I hold as an individual. In short, it is not the sort of strong, traditional religion I long for.

So what alternative faiths are you now considering?

None. No faith can replace Christianity. Nor can the train wreck that is atheism. It is not my hope to replace Christianity, only to infuse it with nationalism and throw out the liberal bits about loving your enemies and the like. I have a great deal of respect for syncretism as it exists in East Asian cultures. I would like to see Christianity utilized only insofar as it supports the growth of a strong traditional civilization like in the times of old.
I truly hope you stay around a bit. Oc.net can use a bit of your flavor.  :D
God bless!

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Take comfort in the warmth of the Jacuzzi of Oriental Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #272 on: August 01, 2017, 09:41:39 PM »
Whatever happened to JamesR, last post I seen of him was something about Gideons. He was kind of interesting.

I took to Facebook and became a full-blown neoreactionary traditionalist progressively honing my rhetoric and pushing the limit to see how explicit I can get with my beliefs in college speeches without getting in trouble. I wrote an essay that is still on display at the very first community college I attended. I dated a couple girls; it did not end well. I am excelling in college and have maintained a 4.0 GPA and perfect grades every semester. Spiritually I would not say that I hate God anymore, although I have come to accept and even make peace with the fact that Christianity, in part due to its own dogmas and in part due to the Church, does not embody the sort of values and beliefs that I hold as an individual. In short, it is not the sort of strong, traditional religion I long for.

None. No faith can replace Christianity. Nor can the train wreck that is atheism. It is not my hope to replace Christianity, only to infuse it with nationalism and throw out the liberal bits about loving your enemies and the like. I have a great deal of respect for syncretism as it exists in East Asian cultures. I would like to see Christianity utilized only insofar as it supports the growth of a strong traditional civilization like in the times of old.

That and fewer Freudian masturbation references. 
Please don't project meta-debates onto me.

The erection of one’s rod counts as a form of glory (Theophylaktos of Ohrid, A Defense of Eunuchs, p. 329).

• Taxiarches
« Reply #273 on: August 01, 2017, 09:42:58 PM »

Are you one of those people who slows down to gawk at accidents?
I'm with the camp of 13 million Americans that believe politicians are, or are controlled by, Reptilians. I think only monks can solve this problem. It doesn't seem right that they prefer to ignore it.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #274 on: August 01, 2017, 11:34:50 PM »
I do enjoy a good trainwreck.
God bless!

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
« Reply #275 on: August 02, 2017, 12:45:19 AM »

Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline GabrieltheCelt

• Taxiarches
  • Son of a Preacher Man
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox OCA
« Reply #276 on: August 02, 2017, 12:49:07 AM »
I miss stashko.

He was an interesting cat.
"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

• Taxiarches
« Reply #277 on: August 02, 2017, 09:13:08 AM »

I think you're in for a treat then.

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
  • Jurisdiction: The thrilling romance of Holy Orthodoxy
« Reply #278 on: August 02, 2017, 09:14:42 AM »
I miss stashko.

He was an interesting cat.
Cradles are the true Orthodox!

I miss him too.
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

— Saint Irenaeus of Lyons, Fragment XI

Modernist thinking and being consists of nothing but uncritical acceptance.

• Taxiarches
« Reply #279 on: August 02, 2017, 09:16:11 AM »

LOL! Perfect.  There are few creatures more pathetic than a non-white guy who fetishes the beauty of white women relative to the beauty of women who look like his female relatives.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #280 on: August 02, 2017, 09:16:55 AM »

I hope so. I would be crushed if that little tease was the extent of our JamesR blessing.
God bless!

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #281 on: August 02, 2017, 09:18:30 AM »

LOL! Perfect.  There are few creatures more pathetic than a non-white guy who fetishes the beauty of white women relative to the beauty of women who look like his female relatives.
Why you gotta be hatin' on Mor's love affair with Rachel like that?
God bless!

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #282 on: August 02, 2017, 09:19:08 AM »

I hope so. I would be crushed if that little tease was the extent of our JamesR blessing.
Agreed. I love JamesR.
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • November is short. Type fast.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #283 on: August 02, 2017, 09:22:22 AM »

Especially when they froth at the mouth at the thought of white women dating non-white men, because WHITE GENOCIDE!!!1!
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

• Taxiarches
« Reply #284 on: August 02, 2017, 09:40:37 AM »

Agreed. I love JamesR.

I was never a great fan of orthonorm or any of those dumb enough to look up to him.

Offline Agabus

• The user formerly known as Agabus.
  • Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #285 on: August 02, 2017, 09:41:53 AM »

Especially when they froth at the mouth at the thought of white women dating non-white men, because WHITE GENOCIDE!!!1!

There's a mountain town a few hours north of me where someone who runs an alt right radio/website empire (as much as such can exist) has posted billboards that say, "Diversity is code for White Genocide." They have a couple of others about protecting white family values.

Someone in the town has either decided to make a counter statement or troll them, and next to or right behind most of those billboards, you'll see signs with pictures of black Jesus saying things like, "All are welcome here."
Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #286 on: August 02, 2017, 09:42:08 AM »
orthonorm could be trouble but he was funny and had a good heart.
“A goose to hatch the Crystal Egg after an Eagle had half-hatched it! Aye, aye, to be sure, that’s right,” said the Old Woman of Beare. “And now you must go find out what happened to it. Go now, and when you come back I will give you your name.”
- from The King of Ireland's Son, by Padraic Colum

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #287 on: August 02, 2017, 09:43:07 AM »

There's a mountain town a few hours north of me where someone who runs an alt right radio/website empire (as much as such can exist) has posted billboards that say, "Diversity is code for White Genocide." They have a couple of others about protecting white family values.

Someone in the town has either decided to make a counter statement or troll them, and next to or right behind most of those billboards, you'll see signs with pictures of black Jesus saying things like, "All are welcome here."

I like to tell people that I am white genocide incarnate. In my bloodstream are millions of drowned Irish.
“A goose to hatch the Crystal Egg after an Eagle had half-hatched it! Aye, aye, to be sure, that’s right,” said the Old Woman of Beare. “And now you must go find out what happened to it. Go now, and when you come back I will give you your name.”
- from The King of Ireland's Son, by Padraic Colum

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #288 on: August 02, 2017, 09:46:27 AM »
I like to tell people that I am white genocide incarnate. In my bloodstream are millions of drowned Irish.
Now that would make a great conversation starter!

• Taxiarches
« Reply #289 on: August 02, 2017, 09:49:20 AM »

A guy liking a particular white woman is wonderful.  A guy who has swallowed the Eurocentric model of beauty and who thinks that white women in general look better than the women of his own tribe is a sad, self-hating creature.  I'm sure Mor realizes that there are beautiful women in all "races" and that there are some beautiful South Indian women who outshine plenty of white girls.

;D ;D ;D Hilarious!

orthonorm could be trouble but he was funny and had a good heart.

I was never impressed with his "wannabe smartest guy in the room" schtick.  And I never had much respect for the little numbskull disciples that hung on his every word and acted like he was some font of wisdom.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #290 on: August 02, 2017, 12:03:43 PM »

A guy liking a particular white woman is wonderful.  A guy who has swallowed the Eurocentric model of beauty and who thinks that white women in general look better than the women of his own tribe is a sad, self-hating creature.  I'm sure Mor realizes that there are beautiful women in all "races" and that there are some beautiful South Indian women who outshine plenty of white girls.

This.  I like who I like, and I like a lot. 

The erection of one’s rod counts as a form of glory (Theophylaktos of Ohrid, A Defense of Eunuchs, p. 329).

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #291 on: August 02, 2017, 12:26:22 PM »
I wish Mor was still posting.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #292 on: August 02, 2017, 12:26:59 PM »

#sockpuppet

• Taxiarches
« Reply #293 on: August 02, 2017, 12:28:02 PM »

May all your desires be fulfilled.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #294 on: August 02, 2017, 12:31:16 PM »

That's generous of you, but I'll settle for just one. 

• Taxiarches
« Reply #295 on: August 02, 2017, 12:32:54 PM »

And I think anyone reading knows which one.

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #296 on: August 02, 2017, 12:39:06 PM »

#sockpuppet
I have no idea what that is, can you explain?

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #297 on: August 02, 2017, 01:00:31 PM »

And I think anyone reading knows which one.

In a perfect world, yes, but in the real world, she's basically gotta not be dead. 

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #298 on: August 02, 2017, 01:00:50 PM »

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
« Reply #299 on: August 02, 2017, 01:49:53 PM »

Does your ancestry include potato blight or the North Atlantic?
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #300 on: August 02, 2017, 10:40:49 PM »

Actually, Mor's face shineth like the Sun.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 10:41:14 PM by RaphaCam »
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Check my blog "Em Espírito e em Verdade" (in Portuguese)

Offline ZealousZeal

• Cosmic Knowledge Fish
  • Protokentarchos
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #301 on: October 24, 2017, 05:02:35 PM »
Good people,

Let your nostalgia in this thread be of a less attacking, more irenic nature, for lo! We are in Other Topics.

I split off the thread from about the point I felt the conversation became too serious (and too harsh) for this hot locale, because I don't want to frighten off the tourists. The new thread is in the urban jungle of Politics. If you don't have access to Politics and would like to have access, once you have completed a 40 day period of desert fasting, you must donate 10 gallons of blood, after which point you may PM Fr. George and ask him for access to the private fora. Applicants who include a dissertation on the wonders of Cleveland baseball will be moved to the top of the list.

By the powers vested in me through this fine website, I hereby unlock this thread. Thank you for choosing OC.net, and please come again!

-ZZ, Other Topics Mod

You want your belt to buckle, not your chair.

Offline Opus118

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #302 on: October 25, 2017, 01:12:50 AM »
Good people,

Let your nostalgia in this thread be of a less attacking, more irenic nature, for lo! We are in Other Topics.

I split off the thread from about the point I felt the conversation became too serious (and too harsh) for this hot locale, because I don't want to frighten off the tourists. The new thread is in the urban jungle of Politics. If you don't have access to Politics and would like to have access, once you have completed a 40 day period of desert fasting, you must donate 10 gallons of blood, after which point you may PM Fr. George and ask him for access to the private fora. Applicants who include a dissertation on the wonders of Cleveland baseball will be moved to the top of the list.

By the powers vested in me through this fine website, I hereby unlock this thread. Thank you for choosing OC.net, and please come again!

-ZZ, Other Topics Mod

Dear Moderator,

When I left this thread this morning (6:30 am my time) it was more or less irenic in tone with some reference to the plight of Maria which I agreed with. I will never subscribe to a private fora, so please summarize why this decision was made.

I am now going to respond to a post that Asteriktos made, that is now hidden, but very important to me that I need to do so now.

Dear Asteriktos,
If you hadn't noticed, I have  difficulties with expressing what I feel. My mind wanders based on my emotions so it is always difficult to center myself on the task at hand. I do not know how many times you posted in this thread, but your initial post clearly summarized  what I feel. In regard to Orthonorm, he also pulled his punches against me. But more importantly, and perhaps to upset the apple cart, he  pointed me towards the sacrificial aspect of being a Christian. He put into a few words why Quietmorning was my example that I should follow.
"Mi tío es enfermo, pero la carretera es verde!" - old Chilean saying

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
    • The Old Testament Prophecies of the Messiah's Resurrection and Orthodox Christianity's roots in the Holy Land
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #303 on: October 25, 2017, 05:08:25 AM »
Nice post, Opus.
The ocean, infinite to men, and the worlds beyond it, are directed by the same ordinances of the Lord. ~ I Clement 20

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
« Reply #304 on: October 25, 2017, 08:14:03 AM »
I fail to see why some people feel the need to engage anyone.  No one is required to respond to anyone.  That applies to everyone, whether orthonorm or a moderator.  Sure, if you fail to respond to a moderator upon request, there can be consequences.  So what?

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #305 on: October 25, 2017, 11:46:51 AM »
Thread locked pending moderator review.  But first, a word from our rules:

All appeals to be conducted via PM, and in the proper order, as outlined below.

This procedure should be followed in all cases, and involves as its first step communicating directly with the person who issued the warning to you (or performed some other action in an official capacity, like moving or locking a topic you started).  If you choose to skip steps within the appropriate pathway, then you also give up your right to appeal the decision to anyone further (i.e. if you don't like the answer you get, that's tough). 

Mor Ephrem, section moderator

Offline ZealousZeal

• Cosmic Knowledge Fish
  • Protokentarchos
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #306 on: October 25, 2017, 04:17:27 PM »
Good people,

-ZZ, Other Topics Mod

Dear Moderator,

When I left this thread this morning (6:30 am my time) it was more or less irenic in tone with some reference to the plight of Maria which I agreed with. I will never subscribe to a private fora, so please summarize why this decision was made.

We are in Other Topics.

I split off the thread from about the point I felt the conversation became too serious (and too harsh) for this hot locale,

Opus,

For the sake of keeping threads on target and and for peace, we have in place some Rules and guidelines re: discussing/questioning moderatorial actions, and how that ought to be done. Mor Ephrem quoted a portion from the Rules up above. Another relevant portion from the Rules:

Please respect the mod/admin staff -- The moderators and administrative staff of oc.net keep this place running tidy.  While you don't have to agree with a particular decision they make, we ask that you at least respect it publicly.  Do not complain about forum moderation, or the specific official actions taken by the moderators, global moderators, or administrators, on the forum.

I understand that this policy may seem unnecessary or over the top, but we are a small staff trying to manage many users who all have unique opinions and outlooks, and it is impossible to make everyone happy all of the time. Responding to someone's concerns or objections via PM not only keeps threads from stuttering and stalling out every time a mod has to step back in and defend their actions, it also aids in keeping habitual agitators from being disruptive to the overall peace of the forum. "Let all things be done decently and in order" is just good advice, in all applications.

Now. I do not think that you are a habitual agitator, to be clear. But since I have recently had to warn folks over this issue, I wanted to take the extra time in this case to elaborate. And while I do not believe you are an "agitator", I have to be consistent in how I apply the Rules, so I am issuing you a warning of +15 points. If you wish to appeal or question or protest this decision, you may do so by PMing me directly.

As for the remainder of your post which responds to Asteriktos, I will let it stand since I feel it is both applicable to the OP on its own merits, regardless of what comment prompted you to write it, as well as being suitable to the tone of Other Topics.

All- the point of this thread is to discuss members we wish still posted here. Clearly, there will be discussion that develops from that organically. If this thread continues to become a place to resurrect the dormant and banned in order to slam them and each other, it will end up locked. If you would like clarification on any of this, or have concerns or objections re: my moderating, or would like to write me a poem, I invite all and sundry to PM me. Thank you.

O Forum Software, Prone to Crash, which enables all of our shenanigans, and doth keep a record of our foolishness in perpetuity, and doth provide us with diversion from analog tasks: Do thou cleanse the transgressions of thy posters, for, unable to bear the burden of the day and the burning of their fingers, they have come to a second unlocking of the thread.
You want your belt to buckle, not your chair.

Offline primuspilus

• Taxiarches
  • Inserting personal quote here.
    • St. Gregory the Theologian Orthodox Church
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox (former WR)
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Boston
« Reply #307 on: October 26, 2017, 11:09:08 AM »
I miss Marc....although he and I could not be further apart politically, he has fantastic taste in coffees.

PP
"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #308 on: October 27, 2017, 02:20:32 AM »
I liked orthonorm but I like you too antonios. Orthonorm welcomed me when I was strange though I still am  and saw the good in me when there didnt appear much good
It seems you both had problems to let go your problems with things and get along
I don’t know why orthonorm became very suspicious at the end of the moderators care for other members I also was but they have proven to not be altogether be unsympathetic and have hope to listen to our problems when addressed properly
Sorry to exaggerate my problems with moderators I didn’t have problem they were very kind but maybe he was worried they would become strict. I just have problems with authority which I think I am getting better with
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 02:22:41 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #309 on: November 01, 2017, 09:13:48 PM »
Anyone know how Papist is doing these days?

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #310 on: November 01, 2017, 09:41:19 PM »
Anyone know how Papist is doing these days?
Ill have to check my Facebook, I dont think he has posted anything in years though. Probably too busy being a philosophy professor somewhere in New Mexico. 8)

I love Papist though and wished he posted again. Heck I wish it was 2011 here. All these social media sites and reddit destroyed internet foruming.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #311 on: November 01, 2017, 10:07:40 PM »
Way back in 2011, huh?
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline Quinault

• Did you drink water today?
  • Protokentarchos
  • What about frogs? I like frogs!
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
« Reply #312 on: November 01, 2017, 11:49:29 PM »
I miss OzGeorge very much. Since I no longer have a profile on FB I don't interact with him any longer.

Offline Luke

• Formerly Gamliel
  • Protokentarchos
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco
« Reply #313 on: November 01, 2017, 11:52:02 PM »
Way back in 2011, huh?
He was last active August 2, 2017.

Offline Hawkeye

• Διονύσιος ὁ Νέος Άνκορεϊτζίτης
  • High Elder
  • Matthew 27:52-53
  • Faith: Like unto Neronov
  • Jurisdiction: Old Rite, Chapelist ("Double-Crossers")
« Reply #314 on: November 13, 2017, 07:05:24 PM »
Yesh. Because whatever else you might say about him, his threads were always, always, entertaining.

Sometimes I see an old post of his and miss that fellow.
"Take heed, you who listen to me: Our misfortune is inevitable, we cannot escape it. If God allows scandals, it is that the elect shall be revealed. Let them be burned, let them be purified, let them who have been tried be made manifest among you."   - The Life of the Archpriest Avvakum by Himself