Author Topic: THE WRITERS' THREAD  (Read 8628 times)

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
    • Archive of Our Own works
Re: THE WRITERS' THREAD
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2018, 09:17:13 PM »
Thanks.
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Parakeetist

Warning: stories have mature content.

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • Trolling Babylon 24/7, without apology!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
  • Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2018, 12:45:28 AM »
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +
http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000984270/Rebel-Song.aspx

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Online Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • Such times are rare, such times are fleeting
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2018, 12:01:24 PM »
I've joined a daily prompt challenge for May. The area where the works need to be posted is private, but I'm debating cross-posting to my blog as well. It's been a long time since I've done anything so consistent, and I'm not sure if I want to draw more than the necessary attention to it. >_<
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox ~

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #94 on: May 06, 2018, 09:45:42 PM »
Apparently a romance author got a little cocky...

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #95 on: May 06, 2018, 10:24:58 PM »
^Not only did she trademark a word used by many other authors before her, and not only was part of her complaint about how people were being confused even though she also used the same stock photos that lots of other people did, but apparently the font she used for her covers and which she included in her trademark applications was a licensed one which cannot be included in trademarks. This whole thing is a mess... an entertaining one, though a frustrating one I'm sure for the authors who are caught in the middle of it.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2018, 11:56:00 PM »
And away we go.

My first work is up. It has four major sections.

Online Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2018, 08:46:19 AM »
And away we go.

Yay!

I'm doing a writing prompt challenge this month. The forum where those are posted is private, but I might gather them up and post them on my blog at some point. It also proves that writing consistently, every day, is harder than writing a lot in a single stretch.
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox ~

Offline WPM

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #98 on: May 07, 2018, 11:33:12 AM »
Isn't this just reproduced text or the language-letter script? ...
The Sign and Prayers to the Blessed Virgin Mary

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2018, 01:41:00 PM »
And away we go.

Yay!

I'm doing a writing prompt challenge this month. The forum where those are posted is private, but I might gather them up and post them on my blog at some point. It also proves that writing consistently, every day, is harder than writing a lot in a single stretch.

Thank you.

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #100 on: May 16, 2018, 12:58:42 PM »
I did a free translation of Quinto Império, by Fernando Pessoa, my favourite poet.

FIFTH EMPIRE

Woe to him who lives in his house,
pleased with his own ground,
lest a dream, with mighty wings,
moves the reddest ember aswing
from his hearth to burst out!

Woe to him who is merry!
He lives as his days tarry.
His soul does not forgive,
despite the primordial query,
that entombed shall he forever live.

May the ages devour the ages blive,
lest the time of ages vanish.
To be disquiet is to be mannish.
May the eyes of the soul slive
blind forces that they be banished.

As the dreamly times are four,
they shall pass, and therefore,
the Earth shall stage
the clear day of the age
begun in the darkest night of yore.

Greece, Rome Christendom,
Europe — four empires deviate
to whence all ages are prone.
Who shall live the fate
that King Sebastian is gone?

Disclaimer: I was more concerned with style (including sound style) than rhyming, so many words sounds similar but aren't perfect rhymes. There may be some language mistakes, so I'd really appreciate correction.

Context: This is one of the main poems of his masterpiece (and one of my favourite books ever) The Message, which uses a late and peculiar form of symbolism to write an epopee about Portugal's past, present and future. In his poem, he refers mainly to the myth of the Fifth Empire, a millenarist ideology that moved the Portuguese Empire as the Portuguese believed they had a Biblical fate and duty to build the world fifth and last empire, synthesising Greek philosophy, Roman imperialism, Christian faith and European civilisation (the four empires). As in any other parts of the book, he also refers to King Sebastian, a king whose disappearance in battle led to a crisis in such a way that Portuguese folklore was marked forever by a long awaiting of his return. It even led to Civil War in Brazil three centuries later, as the army massacred almost all of 25 thousand people in the countryside that rejected the president as the Antichrist, believing King Sebastian would come to them, restore the Brazilian Empire in heaven and destroy the Republic. Nowadays, Sebastianism is still a thing in Brazilian and Portuguese traditionalism and maybe in folklore, but nobody really believes it, it's just a symbolic/post-ironic thing.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 01:02:32 PM by RaphaCam »
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

May the Blessed Light shine Forth

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
« Reply #101 on: May 16, 2018, 01:15:49 PM »
Forgot a comma between "Rome" and "Christendom". A funny thing about the rhyming is that in the second stanza I rime merry, tarry and query, but I myself don't rhyme any of these words despite the fact most English speakers do. I had classes with teachers from many origins or simply many register preferences, so my speech is a mix of British, American and... Brazilian.

Also, I feel "pleased in" in the first stanza would have sound better than "pleased with".
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 01:21:29 PM by RaphaCam »
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2018, 01:16:37 PM »
Maybe find a way to knock a syllable off of "begun in the darkest night of yore"?

That's the only style element that rankles me on the first pass through. I don't think there's anything wrong with a few hard rhymes.

I like it!
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #103 on: May 16, 2018, 01:17:04 PM »
Almost done with another project. It's 109 pages so far.

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
« Reply #104 on: May 16, 2018, 01:24:13 PM »
Maybe find a way to knock a syllable off of "begun in the darkest night of yore"?

That's the only style element that rankles me on the first pass through. I don't think there's anything wrong with a few hard rhymes.

I like it!
Yeah, it really got too long, in this part I tried to rewrite a lot of info at once and still rhyme. The two verses "the clear day of the age / begun in the darkest night of yore" is how I translated what would be in a very literal translation "the clear day that in the darkness / of the lonely night started". Maybe I should change "begun in the" to "since".

Offline Iconodule

• Hoplitarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Johnstown
« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2018, 01:57:34 PM »
Thanks for sharing this, Rapha. While I can discern the basic import, I think it's more obscure than necessary. It is of course really hard to keep rhymes and meter in a translation and still keep it intelligible and flowing well, so you have my deep respect for even attempting it. From what I gather, English is also a much harder language to rhyme in than Romance languages. Slant rhymes, half rhymes, and assonant rhymes can expand the palette considerably.

Woe to him who lives in his house,
pleased with his own ground,
lest a dream, with mighty wings,
moves the reddest ember aswing
from his hearth to burst out!

I hate it when people rewrite my poems for me, so forgive me, but this is just an idea of how I would do it:

Woe unto the homebound man
who sits content on wonted land,
lest a dream, with mighty wing,
fan the torpid hearth and fling
abroad a blazing crimson brand.

I won't do any more!

Woe to him who is merry!
He lives as his days tarry.
His soul does not forgive,
despite the primordial query,
that entombed shall he forever live.

I feel like the last line should be, "that, entombed, shall he forever live?" My sense is that his soul is indifferent to this question, so the word "forgive" isn't the right one. I could be misreading this.

May the ages devour the ages blive,
lest the time of ages vanish.
To be disquiet is to be mannish.
May the eyes of the soul slive
blind forces that they be banished.

While I've got no problem with archaism, I thinking rhyming two very archaic words (blive and slive) might be a tad too much and distracting. Normally we say someone is "disquieted", not "disquiet", so the third line might be better phrased, "to be disquieted is mannish." Another question is what "mannish" here means- masculine or human? If the latter, a different word might be better.

Greece, Rome Christendom,
Europe — four empires deviate
to whence all ages are prone.
Who shall live the fate
that King Sebastian is gone?
[/quote]

To deviate is to depart from the marked or normal path; in this case, they seem to be doing the opposite, following the normal path of ages/ empires. So maybe something like "incline", "tend," etc.

"Whence" means "from where" so saying "to whence" doesn't sound right if we are speaking of a destination rather than an origin. "To where" would work better.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 02:00:11 PM by Iconodule »
When a time revolts against eternity, the only thing to set against it is genuine eternity itself, and not some other time which has already roused, and not without reason, a violent reaction against itself.
- Berdyaev

If you would like a private forum for non-polemical topics, comment here.

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
« Reply #106 on: May 16, 2018, 02:08:17 PM »
While I can discern the basic import, I think it's more obscure than necessary.
Oh, it is indeed very obscure, but in that I was trying to export to English Pessoa's style. He's a man of very styles, but in Mensagem, he's very mystic, symbolic and obscure.

I hate it when people rewrite my poems for me, so forgive me, but this is just an idea of how I would do it:

amain a blazing crimson brand.
Great one, thanks for sharing!

I feel like the last line should be, "that, entombed, shall he forever live?" My sense is that his soul is indifferent to this question, so the word "forgive" isn't the right one. I could be misreading this.
I didn't put commas because the idea isn't that he lives forever once his entombed, but that he doesn't accept that at some point his happy life will be in a tomb. The happy man is troubled by the future in the tomb, so his soul doesn't forgive this idea. The original text says, literally, "nothing in his soul tells, more than the primordial lesson, to have a tomb as a life".

While I've got no problem with archaism, I thinking rhyming two very archaic words (blive and slive) might be a tad too much and distracting.
It was indeed a stretch, but in this I was preserving his obscure, medievalish, style.

Normally we say someone is "disquieted", not "disquiet", so the third line might be better phrased, "to be disquieted is mannish."
Indeed, "disquieted" would be better. BTW, this was a reference to his only book translated by someone else to English I'm aware of, "The Book of Disquiet". He wrote much in English too, but this work was only published by him in Portuguese.

Another question is what "mannish" here means- masculine or human? If the latter, a different word might be better.
It should mean "human". What kind of substitution would you suggest?

To deviate is to depart from the marked or normal path; in this case, they seem to be doing the opposite, following the normal path of ages/ empires. So maybe something like "incline", "tend," etc.
What about "conflate"? The original text has the idea that these four ages become all the same in the end.

"Whence" means "from where" so saying "to whence" doesn't sound right if we are speaking of a destination rather than an origin. "To where" would work better.
Yeah, this part got me thinking whether I should use "whence" or "to whence". The thing is the preposition here doesn't refer to location, but to the expression "prone to". "All ages are prone to deviate thence", ergo they "deviate to whence all ages are prone". What do you think?

Thank you very much for all this insight!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 02:11:21 PM by RaphaCam »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2018, 02:09:05 PM »

I like it!
Yeah, it really got too long, in this part I tried to rewrite a lot of info at once and still rhyme. The two verses "the clear day of the age / begun in the darkest night of yore" is how I translated what would be in a very literal translation "the clear day that in the darkness / of the lonely night started". Maybe I should change "begun in the" to "since".

Yeah, that might work.

Offline Iconodule

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2018, 02:46:26 PM »
While I can discern the basic import, I think it's more obscure than necessary.
Oh, it is indeed very obscure, but in that I was trying to export to English Pessoa's style. He's a man of very styles, but in Mensagem, he's very mystic, symbolic and obscure.

amain a blazing crimson brand.
Great one, thanks for sharing!

I didn't put commas because the idea isn't that he lives forever once his entombed, but that he doesn't accept that at some point his happy life will be in a tomb. The happy man is troubled by the future in the tomb, so his soul doesn't forgive this idea. The original text says, literally, "nothing in his soul tells, more than the primordial lesson, to have a tomb as a life".

Maybe something like, "...nothing in his spirit reaching/ for aught beyond the primal teaching:/ the tomb is life's eternal home."

It should mean "human". What kind of substitution would you suggest?

Human or humane, if it can fit.

What about "conflate"? The original text has the idea that these four ages become all the same in the end.

"Conflate" or "converge" would both work I think.

Yeah, this part got me thinking whether I should use "whence" or "to whence". The thing is the preposition here doesn't refer to location, but to the expression "prone to". "All ages are prone to deviate thence", ergo they "deviate to whence all ages are prone". What do you think?
[/quote]

That has the implication of them returning somewhere. Maybe that's what you mean. Or the words you're looking for could be "thither" and "whither."
When a time revolts against eternity, the only thing to set against it is genuine eternity itself, and not some other time which has already roused, and not without reason, a violent reaction against itself.
- Berdyaev

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
« Reply #109 on: May 16, 2018, 02:59:28 PM »
Ooh, I got it. Thanks! I'll make some editions. I'll also change the last stanze to "of King Sebastian forever gone?", to add some drama, since the original poem emphasises that he is dead.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 03:02:32 PM by RaphaCam »

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2018, 05:37:13 AM »
Of lower quality than the last one, but I was bored and translated the opening poem of the same book, O Dos Castelos

OF CASTLES

Europe lies, upon her elbows:
from East to West she gazes,
romantic hairs adorn her face's
Greek eyes so mellow.

Her left elbow is withdrawed;
her right elbow, angularly broad.
The first says Italy, in resting brace;
the second says England, where, at last,
her hand bears her face.

Her eyes, sphyngic and untame,
behold the West, future of the past.

O face, Portugal is thy name!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 05:40:25 AM by RaphaCam »

• Merarches
« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2018, 09:22:51 PM »

Selam
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2018, 09:39:47 PM »
Poor Snookie...

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2018, 10:02:11 PM »
I don't get it (never watched Jersey Shore)... ???  :)

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2018, 10:12:30 PM »
I don't get it (never watched Jersey Shore)... ???  :)

She also wrote (or at least put her name on) two terrible novels.

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2018, 10:14:47 PM »
Ahhh, ok  8)

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2018, 10:27:25 PM »
Speaking of awful novels by celebrities, two text eviscerations of Tyra Banks's laughably self-indulgent Modelland!

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/lb_i.php?lb_id=13173496870B00529600&i_id=13173496870I00531000&p=1
http://impishidea.com/category/modelland-spork/?pg=1&c=modelland-spork

And yes, if I ever wrote an awful novel, I like to think I'd be chill about people making fun of it.* I mean, I thought it was kind of funny when someone roasted my bad creepypasta from 5 years ago. I'd be a hypocrite not too when I've loved MST3K like a woman all my life.

*Letting aside the fact that this is a millionaire narcissist and not a nobody.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 10:37:50 PM by Volnutt »

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2018, 11:26:14 PM »
Just posted my new story today. Link is in my profile.

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
« Reply #118 on: May 19, 2018, 05:02:26 AM »
Her eyes, sphyngic and untame,
It should have been "sphingic" rather than "sphyngic". Still a neologism, but now orthographically sound.

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
« Reply #119 on: May 19, 2018, 03:23:50 PM »
Context: The original poem by Pessoa is a tribute to king Afonso I, last Count and first King of Portugal. He freed Portugal from the Kingdom of Leon and expanded it by conquering Muslim land. This is why he is called "father".

AFONSO HENRIQUES

Father, thou wast knight.
Ours is tonight's watch.
Give us thy wise swatch,
and the whole of thy might!

Grant us, that the horde
of infidels may keep regressing,
a blessing as sword,
a sword as blessing.

The only thing weirding me out a big here is "swatch". I'm trying to use it as a metaphor for "example" while rhyming with "watch". It's okay to me if it's weird, but not if it's unintelligible.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2018, 03:33:32 PM »
If you don't mind a slant rhyme that screws with the meter a little, you could use "dispatch." As a noun it can mean a military report or a sending of someone or something on a mission.

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2018, 03:38:38 PM »
If you don't mind a slant rhyme that screws with the meter a little, you could use "dispatch." As a noun it can mean a military report or a sending of someone or something on a mission.
Oh, I'll consider.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2018, 07:23:22 PM »
Is there a free program that auto-transcribes YouTube videos, even if only imperfectly? I wrote this parody creepypasta a while ago, but lost the text. I don't feel like hand transcribing it again (lost that too, oddly enough)

I'm not the YouTube guy. He read it at my request.

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2018, 07:28:09 PM »
Is there a free program that auto-transcribes YouTube videos, even if only imperfectly? I wrote this parody creepypasta a while ago, but lost the text. I don't feel like hand transcribing it again (lost that too, oddly enough)

Three points icon near "share" button -> "open transcript"

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2018, 07:39:24 PM »

Three points icon near "share" button -> "open transcript"

Oh....

*headdesk*

Thanks.

Online Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #125 on: May 20, 2018, 05:52:06 AM »
Diane Duane's tumblr is a gift from above to all writers. Seriously recommend following her. This is a particularly bright gem among her hoard:

http://dduane.tumblr.com/post/173039795866/ive-talked-myself-out-of-writing-ideas-i-love

~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox ~

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #126 on: May 20, 2018, 08:15:30 PM »
That was really good and needed, thanks.

• Merarches
« Reply #127 on: May 21, 2018, 12:48:32 AM »
I'm not a huge Stephen King fan, but I really enjoyed this memoir. It's full of great insights and excellent tips for writers.

https://www.amazon.com/Writing-10th-Anniversary-Memoir-Craft/dp/1439156816

Selam
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #128 on: May 21, 2018, 02:50:35 AM »
I'm not a huge Stephen King fan, but I really enjoyed this memoir. It's full of great insights and excellent tips for writers.

https://www.amazon.com/Writing-10th-Anniversary-Memoir-Craft/dp/1439156816

Selam

I love that book too, yeah.

Online Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #129 on: May 28, 2018, 08:11:12 PM »
I feel called out now. ;D

~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox ~

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #130 on: June 03, 2018, 11:21:47 PM »
The only thing worse than the "As you know..." info dump is the one where a character spits info at another character like they're ignorant of it, even though they should definitely already know it.

"These androids are killing our military preparedness!"
"Androids!?"
"Why yes, General Harris. Believe it or not nearly 78% of the military* is now made up of androids."

* which, ya know, you are one of the highest ranking leaders of

Offline Iconodule

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #131 on: June 04, 2018, 08:25:30 AM »
Hey, sometimes military appointees have no real qualifications and no idea what they’re getting into... “Stick close to your desks, and never go to sea, and you may be the ruler of the Queen’s na-vee!” - HMS Pinafore.

(But yeah, I get your point)
- Berdyaev

Offline Agabus

• The user formerly known as Agabus.
  • Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: without works is dead.
  • Jurisdiction: Foolishness to the Greeks
« Reply #132 on: June 04, 2018, 04:19:00 PM »
The only thing worse than the "As you know..." info dump is the one where a character spits info at another character like they're ignorant of it, even though they should definitely already know it.
Medical dramas are particularly bad about it, where doctors all finish each other's sentences in epiphany voice while they talk in a circle about what symptoms a disease presents.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 04:19:20 PM by Agabus »
Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH

Take a breath, read Ecclesiastes 1:9.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #133 on: June 04, 2018, 04:33:51 PM »
Medical dramas are particularly bad about it, where doctors all finish each other's sentences in epiphany voice while they talk in a circle about what symptoms a disease presents.

And forensics shows. And a lot of 90s episodes of Star Trek lol.

Offline Agabus

• The user formerly known as Agabus.
  • Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: without works is dead.
  • Jurisdiction: Foolishness to the Greeks
« Reply #134 on: June 04, 2018, 05:27:48 PM »

And forensics shows. And a lot of 90s episodes of Star Trek lol.
It's the best in sci-fi, where it's all gibberish and so the technique is completely unnecessary.
Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH

Take a breath, read Ecclesiastes 1:9.