Author Topic: Hell.......  (Read 6669 times)

Offline seekeroftruth777

• Archon
  • It a bird, it a plane, no it's Orthogringo!
  • Faith: Orthogringo
  • Jurisdiction: GOARCH
Re: Hell.......
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2015, 10:45:58 PM »
The labels Conservative and Liberal in this post are theological, not political.

If Charles Martel is theologically Conservative, then I'm with him. (Even though that may go against me as a gay man. But I will not go theologically liberal just because of LGBT issues, while 90% I agree with Conservative theology ). However, I believe he is Traditionalist, and as fart as I can tell (please correct if I'm wrong) He believes that anyone who is not Catholic is damned, and not just anyone who is not Catholic, but also anyone who is not real traditionalist catholic. Now that is just extreme, and sooner or later it will lead the person to leave the faith all together. Just like Martin Luther did, because he thought that God will send anyone who sins to Hell, he became so depressed and desperate that he couldn't find anyway out except by leaving the Catholic Church. Going to the extreme on both directions; too liberal theologically or traditionalist theologically, does more harm than good to the person.

how much of this type of theology in Traditionalist Catholicism is a result of their view on Original Sin? I'm curious

Offline xOrthodox4Christx

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Catholic Church
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2015, 10:49:13 PM »
The labels Conservative and Liberal in this post are theological, not political.

If Charles Martel is theologically Conservative, then I'm with him. (Even though that may go against me as a gay man. But I will not go theologically liberal just because of LGBT issues, while 90% I agree with Conservative theology ). However, I believe he is Traditionalist, and as fart as I can tell (please correct if I'm wrong) He believes that anyone who is not Catholic is damned, and not just anyone who is not Catholic, but also anyone who is not real traditionalist catholic. Now that is just extreme, and sooner or later it will lead the person to leave the faith all together. Just like Martin Luther did, because he thought that God will send anyone who sins to Hell, he became so depressed and desperate that he couldn't find anyway out except by leaving the Catholic Church. Going to the extreme on both directions; too liberal theologically or traditionalist theologically, does more harm than good to the person.

how much of this type of theology in Traditionalist Catholicism is a result of their view on Original Sin? I'm curious

Some of it definitely is. But instead of specific examples, it's the aggregate result.
I reject all that I wrote that isn't in accordance with the teachings of the Orthodox Church. Also, my posts reflect my opinions (present or former) and nothing else.

Offline Charles Martel

• BANNED for rules violations
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2015, 06:04:34 PM »
He believes that anyone who is not Catholic is damned, and not just anyone who is not Catholic, but also anyone who is not real traditionalist catholic
This is not true.

And a very narrow view of trad Catholicism.
Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.

Raylight

« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2015, 06:54:38 PM »
He believes that anyone who is not Catholic is damned, and not just anyone who is not Catholic, but also anyone who is not real traditionalist catholic
This is not true.

And a very narrow view of trad Catholicism.

Then please correct me. Because this is the general idea I have about Traditionalist Catholics. I apologize if I offended you.