OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 03:52:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers for a Muslim lady seeking Orthodoxy  (Read 1175 times) Average Rating: 0
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« on: June 30, 2005, 09:28:38 AM »

I was recently introduced to a lady who was formerly a Roman Catholic and who converted to Islam when she married her Pakistani husband. She has since then deeply regretted her decision to convert and for some reason she has been attracted to the Orthodox Church and has been inquiring into how she may convert. The probiem is not only with her husband, but the fact she has children with the man also who are currently being raised Muslim.

Please remember her in your prayers; they are much needed,

Peace.

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
Ian Lazarus
The Main Man!
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: AOA

yIjah, Qey' 'oH!

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 09:39:10 AM »

Kyrie Eleison

By coincidence, or by Divine Intervention, I have a muslim friend from Europe who is really looking into Orthodoxy as well.  Please keep him in your prayers also.  His wife is Roman Catholic, and he's been studying into both, with a lasting interest in the Orthodox Church.

Prayers please a well.

Ian Lazarus 

"For I am With thee, withersoever thou goest"

Joshua 1:9
Donna Rose
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 01:22:36 PM »

prayers for both, that God show Himself to them Smiley

hmmmm...
ania
Life according to Abe Simpson:
OC.net guru

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 02:56:24 PM »

God help them.

Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 04:55:51 PM »

Certainly, I will pray that both these people are guided towards His Church.

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Stavro
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2005, 02:58:34 AM »

Amazing stories of conversions like the story of St. Bolos Ibn El-Ragaa (El-Wade7 Ibn El-Ragaa) and St.Niquam the Martyr might help such cases and those who pray for them in understanding the extent of God's grace and mercy for those who seek Him with all their hearts.

In that day there will be an altar to the LORD in the heart of Egypt, and a monument to the LORD at its border. (Isaiah 19:19)

" God forbid I should see the face of Judah or listen to his blasphemy" (Gerontius, Archmanidrite of the monastery of St. Melania)
MAXAIPA

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2005, 04:23:38 PM »

May God lead them. 
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: