OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 01, 2014, 06:17:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Bible Code II' Predicts Year of End Time  (Read 1405 times) Average Rating: 0
sinjinsmythe
High Elder

« on: February 06, 2003, 10:22:16 PM »

Since there have been many posts on Protestants here lately, especially about the rapture and tribulation, I came across this article for a new book.  I think this is hogwash.

How Osama bin Laden is repeatedly mentioned as a pivotal figure in the “end of days.”

I would have loved to see this prediction being made before 9/11.  I love how these books in hindsight actually 'predicted these future events.'

'Bible Code II' Predicts Year of End Time
Jarret Wollstein
Friday, Feb. 7, 2003
For centuries the Holy Bible has been a source of inspiration and guidance to millions of people throughout the world.
But what if it was even more and in fact contained a secret code that predicted crucial events in world history including the Kennedy assassination, the 9/11 tragedy, and a devastating nuclear and biological war in the near future?

According to New York Times best-selling author Michael Drosnin that is precisely what the Bible contains, encrypted in a form that only modern technology allows us to decipher.

Such a claim might be considered wild or extreme, but Drosnin is no religious fanatic. Instead, he is a former Wall Street Journal reporter who stumbled on a code discovered by an Israeli mathematician.

The code is deceptively simple yet impossible to read without modern computer technology. And even a skeptic will have a hard time explaining some revelations about recent ... and near future ... history.

In "Bible Code II: The Countdown," Drosnin reveals how current events appear to have been encrypted by God in the Holy Bible more than 2,000 years ago and how they demonstrate we are living in the “end times” preceding a cataclysmic global war that could destroy mankind ... or save it.

Drosnin claims the code had remained hidden until the advent of supercomputers, which allowed mathematicians to quickly find unique patterns of words.

Even as a skeptic I have to admit the description of recent and near future events revealed by "Bible Code II" ring remarkably true. In this fascinating book, which claims to reveal climatic events in our near future, you’ll learn:

How the Bible Code works.

Startling Bible revelations about 9/11, including some yet to be made public.

What the Bible Code has to say about the election of George W. Bush and its meaning for the world.

How Osama bin Laden is repeatedly mentioned as a pivotal figure in the “end of days.”

The year in which New York may be destroyed by nuclear missiles.

When a smallpox plague will occur and how many will die.

How peace and terror are inexorably intertwined during the end times.

How we may yet be able to avert Armageddon.

A shocking prediction about what world leaders will likely be assassinated in the near future

The ultimate fate of man on earth.
Fact or fiction? You decide.

Whether your are a believer or non-believer, you will find the predictions of "Bible Code II" for the near future both frightening and fascinating, and more credible by the day.

You will also draw inspiration from its message that the fate of mankind is still in our hands, although the time allotted for men and women since their exile from the Garden of Eden is rapidly running out.

Life is just one disappointment after another.
prodromos
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2003, 10:12:55 AM »

Its not just in the bible though, there are hidden messages in all the major literary works just waiting to have a supercomputer thrown at them!!!!!

(A sceptic showed that the same technique used for the Bible Code, found similiar prophecies in Moby Dick)
I'll bet if the former Wall Street Journalist put the Wall Street Journal through his system it would also find similiar revelations. (sigh) they look for signs and the devil is only too happy to give them what they want so they will put their trust in this and not in God.

In Christ,
John.
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2003, 10:45:09 AM »

prodromos<< (sigh) they look for signs and the devil is only too happy to give them what they want so they will put their trust in this and not in God.>>

In his book, "Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future," the late Father Seraphim Rose, of blessed memory, gives abundant confirmation of this, John.  UFO's, spiritualism, New Age neo-paganism, wicca, astrology, Scientology, Satanism, etc., etc., etc., are all alive and well.

Hypo-Ortho
The young fogey
Archon

I'm an alpaca, actually

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2003, 11:17:44 AM »

You can read about and buy this book on my Fr Seraphim page.

Linus7
Archon

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2003, 01:08:10 PM »

I loved Fr. Seraphim Rose's Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future! Too bad I loaned it to a Roman Catholic friend who has not yet returned it!  Grin

This "Bible code" stuff reminds me of the 1970s and 1980s craze for playing rock records backwards to hear "satanic" messages.

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: