Author Topic: BBC - Hospital in Sweden to open first rape clinic for men  (Read 6663 times)

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Take comfort in the warmth of the Jacuzzi of Oriental Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
BBC - Hospital in Sweden to open first rape clinic for men
« on: June 18, 2015, 04:42:07 PM »
A hospital in Stockholm is to open Sweden's first emergency clinic for male rape victims.

The South General hospital already has a walk-in centre which provides urgent care for women who have been raped or sexually assaulted.

But it announced on Wednesday that it would be admitting men and boys from October.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-33187011
Please don't project meta-debates onto me.

The erection of one’s rod counts as a form of glory (Theophylaktos of Ohrid, A Defense of Eunuchs, p. 329).

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
  • Je suis Janusz Korwin-Mikke
  • Faith: I'm a Vegan
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to ROCOR
Re: BBC - Hospital in Sweden to open first rape clinic for men
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 04:45:04 PM »
The topic is important but can't help smiling because of all places the first clinic like that is in Sweden.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 04:45:23 PM by Alpo »
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
Leviticus 19:34

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 04:56:54 PM »

A spokesperson for the Swedish Association for Sexuality Education (RFSU) [Everyone who is not a complete moron] welcomed the announcement.

Good on them.

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
  • St. Theodoret of Cyrrhus, pray for us!
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Finland
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 05:01:07 PM »
Sweden has too much money.

If this is really necessary wouldn't it do to open up the clinic for women in the hospital to the men as well?

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 05:01:21 PM »

A spokesperson for the Swedish Association for Sexuality Education (RFSU) [Everyone who is not a complete moron] welcomed the announcement.

Good on them.

I agree.

The erection of one’s rod counts as a form of glory (Theophylaktos of Ohrid, A Defense of Eunuchs, p. 329).

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 05:03:13 PM »
Sweden has too much money.

If this is really necessary wouldn't it do to open up the clinic for women in the hospital to the men as well?

I suppose privacy might be a concern.  I remember going to the ER one night (this was when I was in college) for uncontrollable bleeding, and in the next curtain was someone who had just been raped.  It didn't seem to me like the best solution. 

Offline Charles Martel

• BANNED for rules violations
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 05:20:12 AM »
The topic is important but can't help smiling because of all places the first clinic like that is in Sweden.
Sweden's too far gone these days.

Bring back the Vikings.
Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • November is short. Type fast.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2015, 06:19:07 AM »
Bring back the Vikings.

Yes, let's make sure the clinic will get steady traffic. ::)
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline wgw

• All scorpions must DIE!!!
  • Taxiarches
  • This icon is of St. Athansius.
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2015, 06:28:25 AM »
Alas in the US even in our culture we are not immune to this problem.  Recall the horros that happened at Holy Transfiguration Monastery.    :'(  And then our Roman brethren had and probably still have a male rape problem on an epic scale.  So I think hospitals should provide specialized gender segregated rape units, and Orthodox Church operated hospitals would particularly benefit from this, O think, in some Muslim countries (some of my Coptic friends have hinted at rape and acid attacks against young Copts of both sexes becoming more of a concern.  :'( :'( :'(

It should also be stressed that male rape, like female rape, can cause acute trauma, for reasons that should be obvious.  Obviously different specialties of doctors are required in somw of the cases.

Kyrie Eleison.
Axios and many years to you, Fr. Trenham!

Offline Fabio Leite

• Protokentarchos
    • Vida Ortodoxa
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2015, 09:15:10 AM »
How sexist, genital-normative and reactionary. They should open a clinic for each of the 30-71 genders there are.
Many Energies, 3 Persons, 2 Natures, 1 God, 1 Church, 1 Baptism, and 1 Cup. The Son begotten only from the Father, the Spirit proceeding only from the Father, Each glorifying the Other. The Son sends the Spirit, the Spirit Reveals the Son, the Father is seen in the Son. The Spirit spoke through the Prophets and Fathers and does so even today.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2015, 09:28:30 AM »
This is out of sheer lack of knowledge on the subject, but how often exactly do Swedish men get raped?  :o

It seems like a rather specific thing to require a whole clinic for. Kind of like starting a clinic for people who get trampled by cattle. How often do such things happen?
God bless!

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2015, 09:36:08 AM »
This is out of sheer lack of knowledge on the subject, but how often exactly do Swedish men get raped?  :o

It seems like a rather specific thing to require a whole clinic for. Kind of like starting a clinic for people who get trampled by cattle. How often do such things happen?

I don't know about the rape part; I suspect that Swedish society being more open than most concerning sexuality, it's a starting point to get men talking about their experiences. Male rape is very much a taboo subject in a lot of societies, even where female rape isn't.

As for the trampling bit... I'd say not unusual. They have reindeer wandering into towns up there! :o
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Offline Fabio Leite

• Protokentarchos
    • Vida Ortodoxa
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2015, 09:47:50 AM »
If the numbers are significant enough to open a clinic specifically for this, and since probably most of rapes of men are made by other necessarilly gay men, let's see if they also start a campaign addressing specifically the gay community saying "No means no. Don't rape".

And let's see if the media will make any noise out of the scandal of so many gay rapes that a clinic has become necessary just to address their violence.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 09:50:01 AM by Fabio Leite »
Many Energies, 3 Persons, 2 Natures, 1 God, 1 Church, 1 Baptism, and 1 Cup. The Son begotten only from the Father, the Spirit proceeding only from the Father, Each glorifying the Other. The Son sends the Spirit, the Spirit Reveals the Son, the Father is seen in the Son. The Spirit spoke through the Prophets and Fathers and does so even today.

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2015, 09:57:14 AM »
Rape, both of men and women, is not about sex - it's about power. Neither party in a male-on-male rape case needs to be gay. ::)

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2015, 10:01:54 AM »
Rape, both of men and women, is not about sex - it's about power. Neither party in a male-on-male rape case needs to be gay. ::)
While that is true, a straight man is far more likely to rape a woman than a man. A woman is typically easier to dominate physically. I don't know of too many men who randomly get jumped in side streets or at frat parties, but many women suffer from such evilness.
God bless!

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2015, 10:03:44 AM »
How sexist, genital-normative and reactionary. They should open a clinic for each of the 30-71 genders there are.

This is Sweden we're talking about. Don't give them any ideas.

Offline Fabio Leite

• Protokentarchos
    • Vida Ortodoxa
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2015, 10:04:55 AM »

So it has finally come to it right? Some men assert their power by moral abuse, others by professional abuse, others yet by showing off a list of women they had sex with...

when he feels sexual arousal for other men connected with the desire of asserting power he is not gay, but just a straight man who happens to asserts his power through sex that looks like gay, but is not of course, because that might be derrogatory for the gay "community"...

A man who likes to assert power by having forced sex with another man is necessarilly gay. There is even a fair chance that he uses the excuse of asserting power because he can't bring himself to admit that he actually wants it and is to ashamed to take part of the seduction game among other gay men like him. That is a clinic to treat victims mostly of gay rape.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 10:10:52 AM by Fabio Leite »

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2015, 10:07:18 AM »
Plenty of sexual arousal comes from the opportunity to debase and humiliate another man, I can assure you.

The Viking way
For those who like to blame immigrants for everything (Warning: stomach-turning potential)

Offline genesisone

• Archon
  • Jurisdiction: Antioch
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2015, 10:08:06 AM »
I did a simple Google search for "male rape" and then for "male rape by female". Both resulted in articles that described unsettling scenarios. There's no question that men require treatment that differs from that given to females. The whole situation is far more complicated than "gay male versus weaker male".

Offline Fabio Leite

• Protokentarchos
    • Vida Ortodoxa
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2015, 10:16:57 AM »
Plenty of sexual arousal comes from the opportunity to debase and humiliate another man, I can assure you.

The Viking way
For those who like to blame immigrants for everything (Warning: stomach-turning potential)

Ok, let's start from an ugly fact of human nature. Most of us don't like being humiliated, but given the opportunity we do humiliate others. Most people would do it through verbal abuse only though. Some may resort to social shaming or professional abuse.

If other "stuff" comes out connected to the need to humiliate, it's because it is in there in parallel.  A man who, feelling the need to humiliate another, instead of talking him down, or talking to him about his own success in face of the enemy's underachievements, or even instead of a good old punch in the face, also feels the best way of asserting power is raping the other man, besides his anger and power issues, clearly he also has repressed gay desires that he only liberates in this particular situation, maybe because he felt it would be humiliating in any other way.

There is even a fair chance that the attempt to assert his own masculinity over not only a female but even over other males hides a deep insecurity about his own maleness due to the gay desires which claim to be expressed and end up being expressed in that violent way, like an exploding pressure cooker, and the "humiliating talk" being just rationalizations of his inclinations.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 10:25:14 AM by Fabio Leite »

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2015, 10:34:37 AM »
I did a simple Google search for "male rape" and then for "male rape by female". Both resulted in articles that described unsettling scenarios. There's no question that men require treatment that differs from that given to females. The whole situation is far more complicated than "gay male versus weaker male".
I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I'm just wondering if it is frequent enough to warrant its own clinic.  Apparently in Sweden, it is.  Remind me not to travel there.
God bless!

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2015, 11:52:20 AM »
Perhaps the rates of such things are not higher, but rather it is slightly less of a taboo (though still a terribly problematic one), so that a larger percentage of victims report the assault? Not entirely sure. In any event, while I wouldn't advocate funding a money pit, I think that this kind of thing serves a useful purpose apart from actual in-person treatment: that being it will send the message that it's ok to come forward, report such things, and/or seek treatment. And I imagine the number of people willing to report and get help/support will increase over time, as the older nonsense fades away.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 11:53:14 AM by Justin Kissel »

Offline Papist

• Patriarch of Pontification
  • Toumarches
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2015, 12:40:27 PM »

Rape in the gay community is not unheard of.
"For, by its immensity, the divine substance surpasses every form that our intellect reaches. Thus we are unable to apprehend it by knowing what it is. Yet we are able to have some knowledge of it by knowing what it is not." - St. Thomas Aquinas, Summa contra gentiles, I, 14.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2015, 12:44:57 PM »
Seems like there are men among us who wouldn't mind "being raped". 

Offline Avdima

• Elder
  • Faith: Seeking
  • Jurisdiction: Caliphate of The Overthere...
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2015, 01:37:26 PM »
I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I'm just wondering if it is frequent enough to warrant its own clinic.  Apparently in Sweden, it is.  Remind me not to travel there.

Its happens everywhere, in the USA 38 percent  of rape victims are male, and 40 percent of them were raped by women.

http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2014/04/male_rape_in_america_a_new_study_reveals_that_men_are_sexually_assaulted.html

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2015, 01:56:10 PM »
Just because its Friday and I am screwing around at work, I looked at some statistics.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_Sweden#Swedish_rape_statistics

Sweden reports 69 rapes per 100,000 a year.
Stockholm, where this clinic is located, has a population a little under 800,000
That puts approximate total number of rapes at about 552 per year.
The article cited reports a total of 370 reported male sexual assaults in the entire country last year.
If we assume the same 38% rate that you state the US has, that puts male rapes at 210 per year for Stockholm and this is under the assumption that every single one of those rapes are violent or in need of emergency service.

My question is, is an emergency clinic that services about 200 patients per year really a wise use of financial resources? That is only 4 patients per week. Could existing clinics be retrofitting and trained to handle that number of patients?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 01:59:25 PM by TheTrisagion »
God bless!

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2015, 02:02:18 PM »
There's no knowing how many rapes go unreported, though. If the existence of such a clinic makes people who have suffered in silence more willing to seek help, it's not a waste.

Offline ialmisry

• There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
  • Strategos
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2015, 02:05:26 PM »

The Viking way
Doesn't have to be another man. The humiliation comes when she drags you into the system.
An Amherst College student blacked out, accompanied a fellow student back to her dorm room after drinking in February 2012. While he was blacked out, she performed oral sex on him.

Nearly two years later, she would accuse him of sexual assault. And under Amherst's guilty-until-proven-innocent (and even then, as we'll see, still guilty) hearing standards, the accused student was expelled.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/man-receives-sex-act-while-blacked-out-gets-accused-of-sexual-assault/article/2565978
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2015, 02:06:51 PM »
There's no knowing how many rapes go unreported, though. If the existence of such a clinic makes people who have suffered in silence more willing to seek help, it's not a waste.
Is there an indication that opening a clinic helps people to self-report such crimes? It seems like having family doctors better educate their patients would be a far more efficient way of encouraging increased reporting than opening a random clinic in one city of the country.

I'm certainly not opposed to helping men who have suffered from this crime, it just seems like this is a poor way to approach the problem. It only helps a small portion of the country and how many men who have been raped are really going to look up "Male Rape Clinic" in their phone book?
God bless!

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2015, 02:20:53 PM »
Is there an indication that opening a clinic helps people to self-report such crimes? It seems like having family doctors better educate their patients would be a far more efficient way of encouraging increased reporting than opening a random clinic in one city of the country.

I'm certainly not opposed to helping men who have suffered from this crime, it just seems like this is a poor way to approach the problem. It only helps a small portion of the country and how many men who have been raped are really going to look up "Male Rape Clinic" in their phone book?

Even without factoring in the specialised trauma triage staff, a guarantee of anonymity, especially for someone who has to travel from another part of the country, can be capital incentive. Sweden is not a big country; it doesn't take forever to reach the capital from anywhere else.

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2015, 03:07:46 PM »
Just because its Friday and I am screwing around at work, I looked at some statistics.

Stockholm, where this clinic is located, has a population a little under 800,000

The Metro area is said to be 2.2 million, and if it's the only one of it's kind I would imagine at least a few would be willing to come from even further. But to be honest I'm not even sure what we are talking about here. How many heart transplants and other such things get done? yet the need is there, so we have facilities to work on/develop such things (wiki says: "Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California, currently is the largest heart transplant center in the world, having performed 119 adult transplants in 2013 alone."). The reason my first post on this thread was the way it was (I hope no one took it literally), was not because I would actually and automatically think that anyone who disagreed were morons, but because I feel so strongly about it.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2015, 03:30:22 PM »

The Metro area is said to be 2.2 million, and if it's the only one of it's kind I would imagine at least a few would be willing to come from even further. But to be honest I'm not even sure what we are talking about here. How many heart transplants and other such things get done? yet the need is there, so we have facilities to work on/develop such things (wiki says: "Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California, currently is the largest heart transplant center in the world, having performed 119 adult transplants in 2013 alone."). The reason my first post on this thread was the way it was (I hope no one took it literally), was not because I would actually and automatically think that anyone who disagreed were morons, but because I feel so strongly about it.
I'm not saying it is a bad idea, I'm saying it seems like there would be a more effective manner in handling this concern rather than starting a clinic. The reason a heart transplant center can survive with only 119 patients is because it costs $1,000,000 per transplant (http://www.transplants.org/faq/how-much-does-transplant-cost). It costs approx $2,900 for short term medical care and mental health services to treat a rape victim (www.icasa.org/docs/economic_costs_of_sexual_assault_-_draft-7.doc), so if every reported case in the country (370) showed up at that clinic, it only brings in as much money as 1 heart transplant. One has to assume that if it is providing those services, it must have an Emergency physician, nurses and a pyschologist on staff. I don't know about other countries, but I'm not sure how you would pay for a facility, a doctor, some nurses and a psychologist on a budget of $1 million dollars. I know health care is much different in other countries, but it just seems that it would not make sense financially.  If Sweden is wealthy enough to subsidize such a program, then more power to them, I applaud their efforts, but if you run all your social programs at that kind of a deficit, you aren't going to be funding them for very long...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 03:31:34 PM by TheTrisagion »
God bless!

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2015, 03:49:00 PM »
According to the WHO, the Swedish healthcare system ranked 23rd in the world in 2014 (US ranked 37th), while per capita health expenditure was $5,319 and $8,895 respectively. Looks like Sweden can manage money quite well. And really, why would a men's clinic be particularly harder or more expensive to run than a women's equivalent?

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2015, 03:52:29 PM »
According to the WHO, the Swedish healthcare system ranked 23rd in the world in 2014 (US ranked 37th), while per capita health expenditure was $5,319 and $8,895 respectively. Looks like Sweden can manage money quite well. And really, why would a men's clinic be particularly harder or more expensive to run than a women's equivalent?
Because there were 6,700 reported women raped in Sweden last year and 370 reported men. The costs get spread across more patients.
God bless!

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2015, 03:54:58 PM »
Because there were 6,700 reported women raped in Sweden last year and 370 reported men. The costs get spread across more patients.

And this clinic is more incentive to report than anything else. :)

Offline genesisone

• Archon
  • Jurisdiction: Antioch
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2015, 04:02:20 PM »
I'm not saying it is a bad idea, I'm saying it seems like there would be a more effective manner in handling this concern rather than starting a clinic. The reason a heart transplant center can survive with only 119 patients is because it costs $1,000,000 per transplant (http://www.transplants.org/faq/how-much-does-transplant-cost). It costs approx $2,900 for short term medical care and mental health services to treat a rape victim (www.icasa.org/docs/economic_costs_of_sexual_assault_-_draft-7.doc), so if every reported case in the country (370) showed up at that clinic, it only brings in as much money as 1 heart transplant. One has to assume that if it is providing those services, it must have an Emergency physician, nurses and a pyschologist on staff. I don't know about other countries, but I'm not sure how you would pay for a facility, a doctor, some nurses and a psychologist on a budget of $1 million dollars. I know health care is much different in other countries, but it just seems that it would not make sense financially.  If Sweden is wealthy enough to subsidize such a program, then more power to them, I applaud their efforts, but if you run all your social programs at that kind of a deficit, you aren't going to be funding them for very long...
Please note that it is not a stand-alone clinic, but is within a hospital that already has such a facility for women. There can easily be the sharing of equipment and even personnel, but with men (and boys) being treated separately in their own space with treatments designed for them. For example, if x-rays are needed, the department is already there, as are such things as housekeeping staff, general administration, etc. There's not even a hint in the article from the original post that suggests any added construction. It's quite likely that there is already adequate space within the hospital. The cost of having this clinic is probably less than the cost of not having it.

Offline ialmisry

• Strategos
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2015, 04:12:47 PM »
According to the WHO, the Swedish healthcare system ranked 23rd in the world in 2014 (US ranked 37th), while per capita health expenditure was $5,319 and $8,895 respectively. Looks like Sweden can manage money quite well.
or keep their lawyers in check.
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2015, 04:16:38 PM »
According to the WHO, the Swedish healthcare system ranked 23rd in the world in 2014 (US ranked 37th), while per capita health expenditure was $5,319 and $8,895 respectively. Looks like Sweden can manage money quite well.

Nah, they're just better. :police:

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2015, 04:30:38 PM »

The lawyers can only do what they do because the system allows and provides for it.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 04:31:05 PM by Cyrillic »

Offline ialmisry

• Strategos
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2015, 05:10:33 PM »

The lawyers can only do what they do because the system allows and provides for it.
which in the government of the lawyers, by the lawyers, for the lawyers, is a lot.

Offline ialmisry

• Strategos
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2015, 05:11:52 PM »

you'll have to tell that to someone who hasn't been to Sweden. And isn't Swedish.
American arrogance is one them, but the smugness of the Swedes....EEEEK!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 05:12:29 PM by ialmisry »

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
  • Je suis Janusz Korwin-Mikke
  • Faith: I'm a Vegan
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to ROCOR
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2015, 05:27:53 PM »

This is Sweden we're talking about. Don't give them any ideas.

I love you.
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
Leviticus 19:34

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2015, 06:05:17 PM »

you'll have to tell that to someone who hasn't been to Sweden. And isn't Swedish.
American arrogance is one them, but the smugness of the Swedes....EEEEK!

Bragging rights over work well done, I can live with. ;D

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2015, 06:06:29 PM »

which in the government of the lawyers, by the lawyers, for the lawyers, is a lot.

Alexis de Tocqueville suggested that lawyers were the aristocrats of America. Perhaps there's a grain of truth in it.

Offline Charles Martel

• BANNED for rules violations
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2015, 06:54:13 PM »
Bring back the Vikings.

Yes, let's make sure the clinic will get steady traffic. ::)
No, that will only happen the more you keep emasculating Nordic men.
Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.