OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 28, 2014, 04:54:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not for me  (Read 1133 times) Average Rating: 0
Girl
Search the unknown

« on: June 27, 2005, 01:33:12 PM »

If you don't like me, please ignore these feelings because a man I know needs serious prayer.
A man named Tommy who goes to my church was helping paint our church for an up coming conference, he was getting ready to leave, but decided to go back up and finish painting just one little part of the church, since he was in a hurry and was not going to be up there for long, he did not secure the lift machine he was going up on. When he was about 20 ft up in the air the Whole thing fell over and on top of the wheel chair ramp railing the railing went partly through him near his lungs and heart, his skull was also cracked, the doctors said that one of his lungs completely collapsed and another partly. He is in critical condition, has had multiple surgeries and the doctors are still having trouble stopping the bleeding, please pray!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 08:06:55 PM by Girl » Logged

"Go out and make disciples of all nations" (Mathew 28:19)
choirfiend
ManIsChristian=iRnotgrEek.
High Elder

Rachael weeping for her children, for they are not

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 01:44:53 PM »

Lord, have mercy

Qui cantat, bis orat
Elisha
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 02:39:00 PM »

Lord Have Mercy!

If you don't like me, please ignore these feelings because a man I know needs serious prayer.

That shouldn't have anything to do with praying for someone.  You relax (with regard to the 'not liking'). 
Ian Lazarus
The Main Man!
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: AOA

yIjah, Qey' 'oH!

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 03:48:34 PM »

Yara Burham

"For I am With thee, withersoever thou goest"

Joshua 1:9
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 04:19:23 PM »

Lord have mercy on this man, those who found him, and also guide those treating him.

Also, I echo what Elisha said---it is not that people 'don't like you'. It is that we had some concerns regarding your church situation.

It is because we are concerned about you that some of us, perhaps too forcefully, attempted to demonstrate to you our concerns.

Please continue to participate, but also please pray over this as well as do research, which is exactly what you are doing!

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
jlerms
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 04:40:31 PM »

Lord Jesus Christ have mercy on him, and us all!
Donna Rose
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 07:24:29 PM »

oh my.....prayers indeed for Tommy! Lord have mercy!

hmmmm...
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

"Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee..."

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 07:58:19 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

The Mor has spoken. Let his word endure unto the ages of ages.
Girl
Search the unknown

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2005, 09:49:23 PM »

Thank you all for your prayers! It happened this past Saturday (the 25th) I was at the church sewing costumes for the dance team when someone ran inside yelling "call 911, call 911" I ran towards the door and the first thing I saw was a dropped mug of coffee that was spilled all over the cement and I heard someone saying something about the railing and I thought for a second that maybe a kid had fallen over the rail, so I ran out side, I was so shocked by what I saw I didn't know what to say, I just ran back inside and pointed towards the door muttering in jumbled words "th...the..thing..uh....fell....." While the men ran outside to help Tommy all the women immediately made a circle and prayed, all the women except one that is, Pamala, she was a nurse she ran to him after the men removed him from the machine and started CPR. If it was not for her Tommy would not have even made it to the hospital! So as long as you are praying for him, please pray for her also.

"Go out and make disciples of all nations" (Mathew 28:19)
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: