Author Topic: This interpretation of revelations 20 makes sense what is wrong with it?  (Read 464 times)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
http://www.1000yearmillennium.com

The 1000 Year Millennium
Shocking Facts about a Misunderstood
Prophecy and your Eternal Destiny
By Steve Wohlberg

A lie can travel halfway around the world, while truth puts on its shoes.
-- Mark Twain (1835-1910)
Massive confusion exists within Christian churches about the “Millennium,” a unique thousand-year period depicted in the book of Revelation. Some teach this period is entirely symbolic, and not worth fretting over. Others say we’re in the Millennium now, and that it began when Jesus Christ defeated Satan by His death, burial, and resurrection. Most prophecy teachers contend that this apocalyptic period is still future, that it will immediately follow the Second Coming of Jesus Christ, and will be a time of universal peace on earth as Jesus Christ governs all nations from Jerusalem.

The rest can be read in the link above.  Edited for Fair Use Copyright laws.

--Mina
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 02:43:51 PM by minasoliman »

Offline eddybear

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Orthodox, awaiting Chrismation
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Sourozh
Mike,

This isn't a good website to be reading. It's just one person and his wife with their own personal interpretation of the Scriptures - with no reference to what the Orthodox Church has taught - and consequently it is riddled with falsehoods. You would be much better just ignoring them, and focussing on what the Church has to say about these matters.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
Mike,

This isn't a good website to be reading. It's just one person and his wife with their own personal interpretation of the Scriptures - with no reference to what the Orthodox Church has taught - and consequently it is riddled with falsehoods. You would be much better just ignoring them, and focussing on what the Church has to say about these matters.
+1

Wisdom.

mike, there are millions of websites out there, each with people coming up with their own opinions of what they think the Bible means on any given topic. Unless it is a teaching that has been held by the Church throughout history, it is not something we should entertain. It is easy for us to become deluded by our own theories that we forget that Christ gave us the Church to find the Truth, not our personal interpretation.
God bless!

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Thanks but I don't agree with the church that the 1000 year reign of christ started since Christs crucifixion where He bound the power of satan. I believe it may refer to the saints in heaven or the new earth. Also not all church fathers agree to that but I have yet to see one interpret revelations and anyone who has understanding of all Daniel teaches
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 02:11:14 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
Mike,

Please for future reference only quote a paragraph or two from the article with the link, and let people read the rest.  Do not post the whole article here.

Thank you.

Mina
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Ok good idea