OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 11:14:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Archimandrite Vasileios Gontikakis speaking Sept. 2 and 3, 2011 (over Labor Day)  (Read 585 times) Average Rating: 0
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« on: August 18, 2011, 04:19:47 PM »

I am reposting this email which I just received:

Dear Reverend Fathers and Friends,

Greetings!  Could you please send the attached email as soon as possible to your parishioners to invite all our Orthodox young adults from Southern California to attend this special presentation by Archimandrite Vasileios Gontikakis at St. Steven's Serbian Orthodox Cathedral on Saturday, September 3 at 4 pm.  Archimandrite Vasileios is the author of the superb book, "Hymn of Entry."   He was formerly the abbot of Stavronikita Monastery of Mt. Athos and is currently the abbot of Iveron Monastery of Mt. Athos.  It will be a great blessing for all of us to have Archimandrite Vasileios in our midst here in Southern California.  

There will also be a general presentation by Archimandrite Vasileios on "The Holy Mountain" for the Orthodox clergy and faithful of all ages also at St. Steven's on Friday evening, September 2nd at 6:00 pm to be followed by a buffet dinner and discussion at 7 pm.  In case you cannot open the attachment, I have copied the flyer down below.  Thank you in advance for inviting your parishioners to attend!

Respectfully yours,

Dean Langis

Pastoral Assistant at St. Paul's Greek Orthodox Church in Irvine, California
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 04:21:04 PM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 04:23:05 PM »

From the flyer:

LIVING OUT OUR ORTHODOX CHRISTIAN FAITH AS YOUNG ADULTS IN THE 21ST CENTURY!

WITH THE BLESSING OF OUR HIERARCHS WE WILL HAVE A TALK AND OPEN DISCUSSION WITH QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS BY ARCHIMANDRITE VASILEIOS FOR OUR YOUNG ADULTS FROM ALL OVER SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA!

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 3, 2011, 4 PM

ST. STEVEN’S SERBIAN

ORTHODOX CATHEDRAL
1621 W. GARVEY AVE.

ALHAMBRA, CA  91803

PLEASE R.S.V.P. TO FATHER NICHOLAS CEKO

(Father Nicholas' phone number will be made available if you PM me)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 04:24:12 PM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
MarkosC

Faith: Patriarchate of Antioch
Jurisdiction: Greek/Melkite Catholic

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 11:12:48 PM »

Oooh I'd like to go....Geronda Vasilios' books, including Hymn of Entry, are among my favorites.  Alas, I live near Philadelphia.

Anyone know if he'll be speaking anywhere else in the US?

O Lord although I desired to blot out
with my tears the handwriting of my many sins
And for the rest of my life to please Thee
through sincere repentance
Yet doth the enemy lead me astray as he wareth
against my sould with his cunning

O Lord before I utterly perish do Thou save me!
Ionnis
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 11:31:11 PM »

What a blessing, Maria!  Thank you!  I would like to attend.  I assume you are attending as well?  Hopefully others from here will be able to attend as well.  I will just email Fr. Nicholas.  Thank you again for this information, I had no idea the Archimandrite would be a speaker this year. :-)

"If you cannot find Christ in the beggar at the church door, you will not find Him in the chalice.”  -The Divine John Chrysostom

“Till we can become divine, we must be content to be human, lest in our hurry for change we sink to something lower.” -Anthony Trollope
Tags: Alhambra St. Stevens Serbian Cathedral 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: