Author Topic: Jerusalem problems with Russia  (Read 539 times)

Offline mike

• Stratopedarches
Jerusalem problems with Russia
« on: August 16, 2011, 02:35:03 PM »
he Jerusalemite Orthodox Church has issued a public reminder to the Moscow Patriarchate's Russian Orthodox Ecclesiastical Mission in Jerusalem that it needs the blessing of the Jerusalem Patriarchate to open a dependency church at its new pilgrimage center in Jordan as Jordan remains part of the canonical territory of the Church of Jerusalem. The Mission is currently in the process of building a hostel for pilgrims on the east banks of the Jordan River near what is believed by many to be the historic site of the Baptism of the Lord by St. John the Baptist. The Jerusalem Patriarchate's statement not withstanding, the Mission's website does not mention the building of a church as part of the overall construction at the site.
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

not everything I typed before [insert current date] may reflect my current views on the subject

Online ialmisry

• There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
  • Hypatos
Re: Jerusalem problems with Russia
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 02:41:39 PM »
he Jerusalemite Orthodox Church has issued a public reminder to the Moscow Patriarchate's Russian Orthodox Ecclesiastical Mission in Jerusalem that it needs the blessing of the Jerusalem Patriarchate to open a dependency church at its new pilgrimage center in Jordan as Jordan remains part of the canonical territory of the Church of Jerusalem. The Mission is currently in the process of building a hostel for pilgrims on the east banks of the Jordan River near what is believed by many to be the historic site of the Baptism of the Lord by St. John the Baptist. The Jerusalem Patriarchate's statement not withstanding, the Mission's website does not mention the building of a church as part of the overall construction at the site.
Alienating itself from its own flock, its main support in a state of collapse at home, picking a fight with the second largest EO Church, now Jerusalem decides to pick a fight with the largest Orthodox Church, the only one that has good relations (mainly over the calendar issue).

Yeah, that seems wise.
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth

Offline mike

• Stratopedarches
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 02:45:24 PM »
It maybe isn't wise but should be done. They should stop bullying Jerusalem and maybe Jerusalem will stop bullying her flock.
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

not everything I typed before [insert current date] may reflect my current views on the subject

Offline augustin717

• Taxiarches
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 07:14:27 PM »
Now I feel much better. Almost vindicated.