OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 28, 2014, 04:39:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please pray for me and those dear to me  (Read 3618 times) Average Rating: 0
Seraphim Reeves
Elder

« on: October 09, 2002, 10:00:40 PM »

My grandmother is quite ill and has been hospitalized.  I ask your prayers on her behalf (her name is Conception' - a Spanish name), for her health...and if not her healing, perhaps above all else, that she leave this world as a friend of God.

I also ask your prayers for me, my fiance, and my immediate family (parents and a brother); we're all going through some rough times right now (financial and personal); we've already suffered a death in the family recently (my great aunt Margaret), and current circumstances (in particular my grandmother's illness) have not made things any easier.

Please pray for the repose of my aunt (Margaret).  And after these for me (real name, Timothy), a sinner.

Seraphim Reeves

FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2002, 08:50:40 AM »

I will be happy to pray for you and all your relatives.

Please remember that God either wills or permits the events in our lives, all because if handled properly (i.e., with our hearts on Him) we are led closer to Him at the conclusion of these things we call troubles.

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: refuse

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2002, 12:06:51 AM »

Seraphim, just wanted to drop a line and say that I'm sure many have been praying even though they haven't posted.

Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Nazarenes

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2002, 12:21:37 PM »

He's right.  You and your loved ones are still in my prayers, and will be remembered at the Divine Liturgy this Sunday.

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Seraphim Reeves
Elder

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2002, 05:40:06 PM »

Thank you, one and all, for your charity on my behalf (and on behalf of those in my family who are in need.)  These have been trying times for us all, and it's all leaving me quite frazzeled.

Once again, thank-you, and I will pray for you all.

Seraphim

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: