OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 10:16:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another dumb communion question  (Read 1311 times) Average Rating: 0
aurelia
High Elder

« on: June 24, 2005, 02:57:39 PM »

Ok...this is dumb BUT...You know how all the little kids go up first for communion...well, when i take mine up am i supposed to get it then too or do i have to go back around and go up with the grownups? or is this one of those "check with your priest" questions...I'm just too embarrrassed to ask!  Roll Eyes
choirfiend
ManIsChristian=iRnotgrEek.
High Elder

Rachael weeping for her children, for they are not

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 02:59:11 PM »

Go ahead and receive after your little ones Smiley There's no hard and fast "order" as to who goes when, but most parishes let the little ones go first anyway.

Qui cantat, bis orat
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 03:17:58 PM »

In fact, depending on the age of your children, it may help if you receive immediately prior to the child. Sometmies children get scared when it is time to recieve, and if they can see their mom or dad receive before they do it helps to calm their fears. I've seen it work more than once!

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Jennifer
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 07:04:59 PM »

A friend of mine who's Serbian Orthodox told me that in her church the children receive first then the men then the women. 
JoeS
(aka StMarkEofE)
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: OCA

Global Warming Enthusiast.

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 08:58:48 PM »

Yes, we also give precidence to children receiving communion. The adults usually follow.

JoeS
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2005, 11:26:24 PM »

Children going first followed by adults is usually the norm where I have been also.

However, in some cases, if the parents receive first, the hesitant child learns from the example of the parent.

Quite the commentary on the importance of setting good examples, eh?

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: