OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 04:48:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Watchtower subliminal art  (Read 4332 times) Average Rating: 0
sin_vladimirov
ANAXIOS!
Elder

ICXC NIKA

« on: June 24, 2005, 08:13:02 AM »

http://members.cox.net/hunyadi/wtbts_005.htm

Some of it is scary stuff!

Lord have mercy.
eleni

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 09:57:45 AM »

Pretty scary........Next time I will be ready for them at my DOOR.......

I remember a few years back I taped some Tv program and watched it later........I did this so that I can fast forward the tape on commercials.......As I had the remote Control in my hand I accidently Slowed the commercial instead of pressing fast forward........The commercial was 'Nuatregina'' (spelling?)..the soap alternative cleanser..........anyway,the woman using the cleanser becomes a demon face and then becomes a woman........I thought I was seeing things..I watched it again and couln't believe it!

There are many if not all subliminal art used on tv.......that is why the Elders and Wise Monks tell us to avoid Tv.Elder Paisios said this about tv.......do not watch it....

Glory be to God

IX helen

A Prudent man foresees evil and hides himself;
The simple pass on and are punished.
-Proverbs27:12-
sin_vladimirov
ANAXIOS!
Elder

ICXC NIKA

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 10:05:48 AM »

I remember a few years back I taped some Tv program and watched it later........I did this so that I can fast forward the tape on commercials.......As I had the remote Control in my hand I accidently Slowed the commercial instead of pressing fast forward........The commercial was 'Nuatregina'' (spelling?)..the soap alternative cleanser..........anyway,the woman using the cleanser becomes a demon face and then becomes a woman........I thought I was seeing things..I watched it again and couln't believe it!

There are many if not all subliminal art used on tv.......that is why the Elders and Wise Monks tell us to avoid Tv.Elder Paisios said this about tv.......do not watch it....

Glory be to God

IX helen

You see problem with JW is that as soon as you attack them, in any way, they develop this field arround them and go into "stupid mode". So, you need to keep them thinking that you are actually listening what they are saying and just slowly, from time to time pass a little "subliminal verse", you have to get their trust. You can not just let go your doberman on them.

They are good people, like many others are, so you have to treat them as that. They are just... different. They are like cocain addicts, you can not attack a cocain addict if you want him to stop being so.

On the main point, I agree with you, there is some scary stuff out-there.  That lion freaked me out.. I seen the picture without lion and then I turn around to pick up the ringing phone, and when I turned back there was a lion where there was none... I almost screamed LOL
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 04:12:51 PM by sin_vladimirov » Logged

Lord have mercy.
ania
Life according to Abe Simpson:
OC.net guru

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 10:09:39 AM »

Some of it seemed a bit far-fetched for me, but on a whole, it is very very freacky.

Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 10:21:59 AM »

Alot of those images seem to be way farfetched to me.  Sometimes a line or shape is taken by the brain and an image is seen, but it's not really there.  (I don't want to get started on the ones who saw the "Face of Mars" right now.)

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Keble
All-Knowing Grand Wizard of Debunking
Archon

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2005, 10:42:11 AM »

Sorry, don't buy it.

Some of these I don't even see. A lot of them tap into the tendency of humans to see faces in everything. Back when I was a little kid, my bedroom had a ceiling fixture which was supposed to have (in a very stylized, Deco way) a pattern of four stalks of grain radiating out from the center. But at one angle I saw a friendly face with pursed lips, and at another, a snarling face.

What it really means is that some guy is has conditioned himself into trying to see scary images in JW literature. Except for the one case (which is pretty obviously brought on by a lazy artist) the message is about the mindset of someone who would waste his time on this. The words inside are bad enough, after all.
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2005, 11:04:15 AM »

Glory be to God

IX helen

Bishop Prompts All Orthodox to Stop Watching TV!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 11:05:08 AM by ΝικολάÎÆ» Logged

在基督         My Original Blog
尼古拉         My Facebook Profile
前执事         My Twitter Page
yBeayf
High Elder

/etc

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2005, 11:13:08 AM »

Somebody gots way too much time on their hands...
Donna Rose
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2005, 03:40:49 PM »

yea, i looked at a few images and couldnt see what the commentary was pointing out either, or i could see but it was obviously a very far stretch that it doesnt even count and could hardly have been intentional on the artists' part, imo.

hmmmm...
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2005, 04:06:15 PM »

I looked at the images and I think about 75% of them were obviously on target.  I wonder why the Watchtower would do this though; maybe S is the artist's first name and he is signing his art.

Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Tallitot
Archon

Faith: Jewish
Jurisdiction: United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2005, 04:24:10 PM »

mmmmm...so does this mean Paul is dead?....

Proverbs 22:7
Keble
Archon

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2005, 04:34:14 PM »

The thing is that "S"s, like faces and crosses and arrows, are natural shapes that just happen. Considering how formalized and linear icons are I'll bet I could find all sorts of sinister secret messages in them.

The only one of these that looks like a legitimate example of a "hidden" image is this one in which the image of the face jumps out as having the wrong texture for the rest of the picture. In this one it's blatantly obvious that the artist has copied ancient statuary, but I question that this means anything other than that the artist decided to use ancient models for ancient heads. The others are lame to one degree or another; some of them I don't "see" even when it is pointed out to me.

The other thing is: why would the JWs do this on purpose anyway? They're Arian heretics, not neo-pagan woo-woos. They are not a secret society in any way (as the Mormons sort of are). It's almost more plausible to suspect that the artists they hire are trying to discredit them.

What I see in this is paranoia and gullibility.
Keble
Archon

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2005, 04:34:45 PM »

mmmmm...so does this mean Paul is dead?....

John is dead-- he just looks like Paul.
Matthew777
Warned
Archon

Seek and ye shall find

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2005, 10:56:28 PM »

What the heck is this one supposed to mean?

http://members.cox.net/hunyadi/wt_10_1_03s.gif
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 10:56:58 PM by Matthew777 » Logged

He who has a why to live for can bear with almost any how. - Friedrich Nietzsche
www.aramaicpeshitta.com
http://www.mechon-mamre.org/e/et/et0.htm
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2005, 12:23:57 AM »

This phenomenon is called "simulacrum" or "Rorschach Icon" (google them)ÂÂ  in which a random pattern is "recognized" by the mind’s tendency, known as pareidolia, to interpret vague images as specific ones. The "Man in the Moon" is an example of a simulacrum, as are the alleged images of "Christ" on tortillas and the "Virgin Mary" on grilled cheese sandwiches and more recently in a viaduct water stain.
The mind's ability to interpret images is very powerful as shown by the "Hollow Mask Illusion" in which the mind's insistence on recognising a convex face does not permit you to "see" the concave reverse side of a mask.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 12:25:37 AM by ozgeorge » Logged

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
SeanMc

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2005, 12:42:38 AM »

Having been raised in this cult (well, until my teenaged years) I know a little bit about this: Apparently, some artists were doing this without permission from the big shots. The Watchtower is good at holding inquisitions and they later excommunicated some people. Of course, this is second-hand information, but its from a fairly reliable source. Whether there's anything actually purposely put into the pictures, well, to the WT, truth doesn't matter.

Of course, this isn't as interesting as the WT cover up of paedophiles: http://www.silentlambs.org/ . Now that website is reliable and the cover-ups you hear about happen regularly, probably worse than Catholics (but many rank and file Jehovahs Witnesses don't know this, as the media doesn't cover stories about this little cult too often).
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 12:46:13 AM by SeanMc » Logged
Matthew777
Warned
Archon

Seek and ye shall find

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2005, 01:26:49 AM »

what about the picture i posted? the satanic figure in it is obvious.

He who has a why to live for can bear with almost any how. - Friedrich Nietzsche
www.aramaicpeshitta.com
sin_vladimirov
ANAXIOS!
Elder

ICXC NIKA

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2005, 01:41:56 AM »

I was reading articles on JW and their basic believes.That is how I found these. Some of them did freak me out a bit, but it does not mean that any of it is for real, I think that most are, but that is me.

I have spent fair share of time in SDA (7th Day Adventists), days that still get me very sick when I remember them. I am talking about real sickness. It is a feeling of pain in the guts and utter dread.

But, being interested in sectarian methodology I was surprised to find out just how much these sects use "mind games" to keep people in, and suck their blood until the last drop. Something not even "vampires do". Pictures are just an insignificant and for me interesting detail that I found surfing the sand of this desert of Internet for more information.

I have left some really good friends in SDA, the people that look at me as a traitor and murderer of "People of God" and "being marked with a stamp of beast".

I can say just couple of things.

First one is, pray to God that no one of yours ends up there.

Knowing about SDA and reading about JW and Mormons (for now) it is just scary how people are being manipulated into becoming milking cows for the sect. People leave their parents and families (of course they quote Gospel) to serve these mental and physical rapists. And when the deletion of the mind is completely done, they are as blind as un-happy as a human soul can be in this world. Do not even try to imagine that.

It is also our duty, to inform our brothers and friends and strangers about dangers of these cults. We need to know our own faith. Nothing is good enough. We need to live our faith. We, also need to know what these sects teach. They are very very convincing. People have been manipulated into writing books against the sects, after seeing their loved ones "die" in these groups. They are very convincing. We need to learn as much as we can about our faith, live it and then research enemy's doctrine and then teach people around us.

Anyway, that was my cry for today.

Lord have mercy.
Matthew777
Warned
Archon

Seek and ye shall find

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2005, 02:01:53 AM »

I kind of hate to say this but young earth "creation science" began with the Seventh-Day Adventist Church and both movements seems to have a rather cultic nature.

www.aramaicpeshitta.com
Matthew777
Warned
Archon

Seek and ye shall find

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2005, 02:04:06 AM »

The fold-up picture that becomes a flaming skull is kind of creepy too.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 02:07:13 AM by Matthew777 » Logged

www.aramaicpeshitta.com
sin_vladimirov
ANAXIOS!
Elder

ICXC NIKA

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2005, 02:07:50 AM »

I kind of hate to say this but young earth "creation science" began with the Seventh-Day Adventist Church.

I have never heard that before! I am somewhat sceptic about it, because SDA love to rubb in their "glories".

Can you just give us some link about why you think that! It can be, but I really doubt it. Not SDA and "creation science" that I know, anyway!

« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 02:09:24 AM by sin_vladimirov » Logged

Lord have mercy.
Matthew777
Warned
Archon

Seek and ye shall find

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2005, 02:15:41 AM »

"The roots of the young earth movement are with a man named George McCready Price, a Seventh Day Adventist from the 1900s.ÂÂ  He was a loud voice in the move to promote six 24-hour day creationism, starting around 1902.9, 10ÂÂ  Although the Seventh-Day Adventists are now not as restrictive, their statements on creation have deep roots.ÂÂ  In fact, the modern movements, led by Answers in Genesis, the Institute for Creation Research, and Kent Hovind, have their roots in Mr. Price. Why did the father of young-earth creationism, Price, preach so adamantly about creation? Seventh Day Adventists claimed that they had a vision, in which they saw the creation of the world in six 24-hour days. Thus, you could easily say that today’s young earth movement is based on a vision (someone’s dream?)…not a solid base upon which to make a real doctrine!"
http://www.answersincreation.org/doctrine.htm

"George McCready Price (1870 — 1963) was a Canadian-American creationist. He produced a string of anti-evolution, or creationist works, particularly on the subject of "flood geology". However, not until after his death did his views become common amongst creationists.

Biography
Price was born in Havelock, New Brunswick, Canada. His father died in 1882 and his mother joined the Seventh-day Adventist Church. He married in 1887 another follower of the Seventh-day Adventist church. She was older than him.

Price then became a schoolteacher, teaching as a missionary at Battle Creek College (now Andrews University) between 1891 and 1893 at another school in 1896 and at a high school in Tracadie, a Francophone fishing village, between 1897 and 1899.

He met Alfred Corbett Smith socially, who amused by Price's fundamentalism, introduced him to literature on science. Since his faith held that the Earth was young, Price concluded that geologists had misinterpreted their data.

In 1902 Price self-published Outlines of Modern Christianity and Modern Science. After failing as a preacher, and then as a writer in New York, Price helped build the then Seventh-day Adventist headquarters in Maryland and a school in California. In 1906 he self-published Illogical Geology.

He took a job as a secondary teacher with the Adventists but then took 1921 off to write The New Geology. In 1924 Price was sent to Stanborough Missionary College, in Watford, London, United Kingdom."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_McCready_Price

Personally, I believe in the day-age theory and would recommend Hugh Ross.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 02:32:00 AM by Matthew777 » Logged

www.aramaicpeshitta.com
sin_vladimirov
ANAXIOS!
Elder

ICXC NIKA

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2005, 02:32:06 AM »

Very interesting, now, those are all the reasons for me NOT to believe that theory. LOL

Seriously, his name never ever came up, that is I have never heard of him. Must've been doing stuff on his own. Because if that work was "official work" of the SDA sect, every little SDA from the age of 3 would know who "daddy Price is". Thanks, that is very interesting.

For me, personally, the "creation politics" are of no concern.
It is just not an issue.

I understand that in USA and North America in general that is like a "big cahoona", but, here in Orthodox Church in the good old Aussie outback, we just don't care about that.

Thanks for the info.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 04:46:39 AM by sin_vladimirov » Logged

Lord have mercy.
Matthew777
Warned
Archon

Seek and ye shall find

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2005, 02:58:47 AM »

The reason why Price is often overlooked is that in his time, the movement was only beginning. It wasn't until Henry Morris published Flood Geology that YEC hit big time.

www.aramaicpeshitta.com
Girl
Search the unknown

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2005, 01:34:52 PM »

Way back in good ol' 8th grade we learned about subliminal massages, some of these are obviously made on perpose but some of the accusations are definitely stretching it! If you do find these interesting and want to see more, just open a magazine, nearly every ad has one or more, most are dirty and have to do with sex, other than those the most common are demon faces.  Undecided

"Go out and make disciples of all nations" (Mathew 28:19)
Keble
Archon

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2005, 01:58:58 PM »

Real scientific research suggests that subliminal messages don't work at all.
Serbian Patriot

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2005, 06:23:05 PM »

Real scientific research suggests that subliminal messages don't work at all.

Wheres this research? 

Keble
Archon

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2005, 01:12:18 AM »

Wheres this research? 

Start from this page from Snopes.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: