Author Topic: Doctrine of intercessions of saints  (Read 403 times)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Doctrine of intercessions of saints
« on: May 22, 2015, 11:28:49 PM »
All apostolic churches hold intercession of saints to grant extra grace to help one along the path of salvation I said if one needs that extra grace glory will be given to the Saint  however we should not offend protestants by not striving and giving the excuse we don't care if glory is to be given to the Saint I don't know if intercessions from departed saints are helpful but I should be convinced as I am convinced of apostolic succession it seems likely since intercession of living believers is helpful so why not departed saints clearly glory is not given to only Christ because our prayers help others  it is written those who turn many to righteousness shall shine as the stars forever and ever and St Paul says he fills up what is lacking in Christs sufferings for the sake of the church
I'm not so sure the rewards are eternal but those converted to righteousness shall be satisfied
Also if it is eternal ones past does not stop one from obtaining the greatest rewards Jesus said many who are first shall be last and the last first and St Paul was an example set forth as a pattern for those who will inherit eternal life that's why he said by grace you have been saved it is the gift of God not of works lest any man should boast this means by grace God has leveled our work the rewards are due to the communion of the Holy Spirit which some sinners are more open to then the so called righteous
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 11:30:19 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Re: Doctrine of intercessions of saints
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 02:39:20 AM »
A monk said to Saint Antony, 'Pray for me Father,' and he responded, 'I will not pray for you, and God will not be merciful to you, unless you make an effort and pray to God yourself.'