Author Topic: The best sociological religion and why?  (Read 692 times)

Offline Skydive

• BANNED for rules violations
  • High Elder
The best sociological religion and why?
« on: May 22, 2015, 02:55:37 PM »
What is the best sociological religion and why ?

I saw an excerpt on Max Weber's sociology and religion . It stressed on religions and sociological behaviours. The most intriguing part was that capitalism was born due to Protestantism. The mindset of progression, hard work, corporations, etc. Let's take for example Germany or the germanic people(many of the Reformation were Germans). Germanic people's are very simple minded, work minded, profit minded , progression minded, etc. They are amongst the most hard working and progressing countries. Is Protestantism really the best sociological religion? What is your opinion about this?

Offline Papist

• Patriarch of Pontification
  • Toumarches
Re: The best sociological religion and why?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 05:58:35 PM »
"My kingdom is not of this world."
"For, by its immensity, the divine substance surpasses every form that our intellect reaches. Thus we are unable to apprehend it by knowing what it is. Yet we are able to have some knowledge of it by knowing what it is not." - St. Thomas Aquinas, Summa contra gentiles, I, 14.

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me St. Severus
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 08:34:40 PM »
+1
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Skydive

• BANNED for rules violations
  • High Elder
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 03:45:07 AM »
"My kingdom is not of this world."

This is like me asking "What is your favourite colour?" and you answering "I like to wear dresses" .