OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 23, 2014, 11:53:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are bogus clergy coming your way?  (Read 1113 times) Average Rating: 0
observer
High Elder

Vivre die Raznitsa!

« on: June 23, 2005, 08:54:19 PM »

With the pending union between ROCOR and MP, I suspect that there will be a migration  of clergy to and fro.  At the same time, I fear that some bogus clergy ranging from pseudo-readers to bishops will see this as an opportunity to get 'official' and/or canonical status.  It seems all too easy for some unscrupulous person to get into a canonical church through an open window in the back yard.  This has happened.  Does it mean that a person who is from bogus orders can have them recognized simply by admission into a canonical church?  Yes is the answer.   It's like me buying a PhD on the Internet and then by sheer luck, being offered a teaching position at an accredited institution like Berserkly.   Now Dr Observer is officially recognized by the ed establishment, despite having failed GED.  Let's hope that hierarchs will be observant and do a thorough background check on those who turn up dressed like an archimandrite.

Thou shalt not prefer one thing to another (Law of Liberalism)
Sir Sundae

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 08:59:50 PM »

Wouldn't common sense say that they would...?  Huh

--Chuck

Elder Paisios of the Holy Mountain:

"Let us not expect the spiritual spring if we don't first pass through the spiritual winter during which the spiritual vermin die.  We mustn't expect the divine to blossom within us if the human hasn't first died."
Landon77
Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA (Antiochian Western Orthodox in exile)

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 09:17:32 PM »

And I'm confused.  It just seems to me that if ROCOR is in communion with the MP, I will recognize them as canonical. 

"How stands your mighty god? My God is stronger than he."  -St. Boniface
aserb
asinner
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Self Ruled Antiochian Archdiocese

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 09:39:24 PM »

Instead of discussing this any further, maybe we all should offer prayers for the hierarchs for wisdom and discernment.

Save us o' Son of God, who art risen from the dead, as we sing to thee Alleluia!
sin_vladimirov
ANAXIOS!
Elder

ICXC NIKA

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 10:56:32 PM »

Instead of discussing this any further, maybe we all should offer prayers for the hierarchs for wisdom and discernment.

Excellent idea.

Usually works better than anything else.

Lord have mercy.
dantxny
OC.net Mineshaft gap
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Russian

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2005, 01:39:45 AM »

My apologies, but is there a newer development or is this of the contiual reconcilliation?  Just wondering if I'd missed something.

"If you give the average Frenchman a choice between a reforming president who would plug the country's huge deficit and a good cheese, he would probably opt for the cheese." - Stephen Clarke
I think the French may be on to something here.
sin_vladimirov
ANAXIOS!
Elder

ICXC NIKA

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2005, 01:49:12 AM »

My apologies, but is there a newer development or is this of the contiual reconcilliation?  Just wondering if I'd missed something.

Go to their sites:
http://www.russianorthodoxchurch.ws/01newstucture/pagesen/articles/fromeditors.html

&

http://www.russianorthodoxchurch.ws/01newstucture/pagesen/articles/fromeditors.html

Lord have mercy.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2005, 02:06:25 AM »

And I'm confused.  It just seems to me that if ROCOR is in communion with the MP, I will recognize them as canonical. 

Seems to me they were already canonical. They have been with Serbia and Jerusalem the whole time; if that is the case and they are uncanonical then Serbia and Jerusalem are uncanonical for serving with uncanonical clergy, and since Moscow serves with Serbia that would mean it's uncanonical too Wink

Anastasios

Met. Demetrius's Enthronement

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching.

I served as an Orthodox priest from June 2008 to April 2013, before resigning for personal reasons
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: