OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 23, 2014, 10:37:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RC Newbie  (Read 869 times) Average Rating: 0
SOGFPP
Roman Catholic

Servant of God Father Patrick Peyton

« on: June 22, 2005, 03:49:55 PM »

Peace be with you all,

I've been a Christian for just over two years now, and a Roman Catholic for one.  I love learning about the Orthodox faith and I've been blessed to know several EO members who have helped me learn more about things.

I look forward to a charitable learning environment.

In Christ,
Scott

A world at prayer is a world at peace.
jlerms
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 06:17:24 PM »

Welcome Scott!   I hope you enjoy discussing and learning from others here as I do.  Many blessings,  Juliana  Smiley
SOGFPP
Roman Catholic

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 06:53:13 PM »

Thank you very much Juliana.... I'm always a bit worried about how I will be received! Shocked

jlerms
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 09:57:48 PM »

I would hope that everyone else will receive you with christian charity.ÂÂ  By the way, who is the photograph of in your icon pic?
Juliana         

what I meant is who is patrick peyton?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 10:00:16 PM by jlerms » Logged
SOGFPP
Roman Catholic

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 12:25:56 AM »

I would hope that everyone else will receive you with christian charity.ÂÂ
Amen to that...
what I meant is who is patrick peyton?
Servant of God Father Patrick Peyton was a Roman Catholic Priest.  He was born Jan 9, 1909 in County Mayo in Ireland and died June 3, 1992.

Father Peyton founded (and under the sponsorship of the Congregation of Holy Cross) Holy Cross Family Ministries which serves Jesus Christ and His Church throughout the world by promoting and supporting the spiritual well-being of the family. 

Faithful to Mary, the Mother of God, the Family Rosary and Family Rosary International encourage family prayer, especially the Rosary.

Family Theater Productions directs its efforts to the evangelization of culture using mass media to entertain, inspire and educate families.

The Father Peyton Family Institute focuses on research and education in family life ministry and the relationship of spirituality to family.

He went around the world spreading the Gospel and family prayer .... at the height of the crusades, the crowds reached the hundreds of thousands. In Manila in the Philippines, a million people came together to pray the Rosary. It happened again and again: in Bogot ... Bombay ... Johannesburg ... Madrid ... New York ... San Francisco ... Nairobi.

In June of 2001, Bishop Sean O’Malley, of the Diocese of Fall River, Massachusetts, announced the opening of the Cause of Canonization of Father Patrick Peyton, CSC. Upon notice from the Vatican’s Congregation for the Causes of the Saints, Father Peyton now has the title, "Servant of God."

Hundreds of testimonies to Father Peyton’s holiness of life have been recorded. Tens of thousands of prayer cards containing a prayer for a favor through his intercession are in circulation. Hundreds of favors have been reported.

Some of these favors are remarkable healings for which there is no medical explanation. Father Peyton still inspires people all over the world by his holiness of life and his strong and tender devotion to Our Blessed Mother. He is known the world over as "The Rosary Priest," and for the slogans he popularized: "The family that prays together stays together" and "A world at prayer is a world at peace."

... On the personal side, Patrick Peyton was my Confirmation "name" and I've dedicated the last year to his cause for beatification and his family prayer apostolate.

www.hcfm.org

Father Peyton pray for us!
Scott

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: