Author Topic: Business directory?  (Read 500 times)

Offline Minnesotan

• Archon
  • Milo Thatch is the ONLY Milo for me. #FreeAtlantis
Business directory?
« on: April 21, 2015, 05:51:09 PM »
I was thinking of posting this in Board News, since it's a suggestion directly related to OC.net; however, I'm not sure whether it's okay to post suggestions there or not, so I thought I'd post it here instead.

My idea would be to have a business directory on OC.net, along with a map showing where the businesses are located. Business that could be featured on the directory would include:

• Businesses that make or sell items of specifically religious significance, or that work directly with churches, such as New World Byzantine.
  • Businesses that aren't directly church-related, but that donate a certain percentage of their profits to a church jurisdiction (EO or OO for sure; possibly ACOTE, Eastern Catholics and ACNA could be included as well). For example, a Greek or Ethiopian restaurant whose owners are Orthodox and donate a portion of their profits to the local parish would qualify. Theoretically this could include any type of business as long as it the line of work wasn't inherently immoral or controversial.

As with the BBB, business would have to conduct themselves ethically in order to remain on the list. There could also be a red-flag section, for businesses that are dishonest about their dealings or aren't what they appear to be (for example, Monastery Icons).

Businesses that contribute to the forum could also be recognized in some way on the directory. This might be one way to raise more donations.

Anyone else think this might be useful, or a good idea?
I'm not going to be posting as much on OC.Net as before. I might stop in once in a while though. But I've come to realize that real life is more important.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
Re: Business directory?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 07:13:12 PM »
Sounds not bad. :)
My only weakness is, well, never mind

Offline Minnesotan

• Archon
  • Milo Thatch is the ONLY Milo for me. #FreeAtlantis
Re: Business directory?
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 05:17:52 PM »
Sounds not bad. :)

Thanks!

If anyone else has any suggestions for what could be included, by all means, post them here.
I'm not going to be posting as much on OC.Net as before. I might stop in once in a while though. But I've come to realize that real life is more important.