Author Topic: Prayers please  (Read 1086 times)

Offline EkhristosAnesti

• 'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
  • Archon
  • Pope St Kyrillos VI
Prayers please
« on: June 19, 2005, 12:09:53 PM »
I know this may seem like a trivial request amongst all the other prayer requests in this thread...but I really need prayers for my exams, for the sake of my parents alone. My parents are getting old, tired and sick; they're lonely, hard-working, and long-suffering. Their life revolves around my brother and I, and our success is their happiness.

I've had a very bad past 2 years; my studies have degenerated badly...I know I don't deserve success this semester, but my parents deserve to see their son succeed; It crushes me to think how they'll react if i stuff up for the 3rd semester in a row. Please pray that I pass my exams, for the sake of my parents alone. Do not pray on my behalf because I am a sinner unworthy of His Grace, but pray on behalf of my parents; He will be more attentive to you that way.

20th, 21st, 22nd, 27th of June: They're my dates. If you can remember to spare at least 5 seconds on these days to pray that God have Mercy and allow me to pass my exams for the sake of my parents, I would be most grateful.

Peace.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2005, 12:11:27 PM by EkhristosAnesti »
No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus

Offline sin_vladimirov

• ANAXIOS!
  • Elder
  • ICXC NIKA
Re: Prayers please
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 12:25:33 PM »
EA, of course.

Also be harsh on yourself, but not despairing... never despairing.
Lord have mercy.

Offline FrChris

• The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
  • Site Supporter
  • Taxiarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 11:08:29 PM »
These days are approaching, and I will pray then as well as now. You're on my list, EA!
"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus

Offline Stavro

• OC.net guru
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 11:55:13 PM »
May the Lord strengthen you and support you . A good practice that always worked for me is to "assign" each exam to a saint who intercedes on your behalf.

In that day there will be an altar to the LORD in the heart of Egypt, and a monument to the LORD at its border. (Isaiah 19:19)

" God forbid I should see the face of Judah or listen to his blasphemy" (Gerontius, Archmanidrite of the monastery of St. Melania)

Offline Mor Ephrem

• The Fourteenth Apostle and Judge of the Interwebs
  • Section Moderator
  • Protostrator
  • All who love ZZ, honour ZZ!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Czech Lands
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 07:59:05 PM »
Lord, have mercy. 
"Do not tempt the Mor thy Mod."

New thread topic.  Rate the sexual attractiveness of members of OC.net on a scale of 1-10.

Mor Ephrem: 11/10

Offline EkhristosAnesti

• 'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
  • Archon
  • Pope St Kyrillos VI
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2005, 04:31:49 PM »
Also be harsh on yourself, but not despairing...

Not despair, just urgency...

Thank you for your prayers,

Peace.
No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus