Author Topic: Bachelor Nation: 70% of Men Aged 20-34 Are Not Married....  (Read 19128 times)

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
  • Ad Aluminum!
  • Faith: DSM 5
  • Jurisdiction: Apostle to the Church of ASD
Re: Bachelor Nation: 70% of Men Aged 20-34 Are Not Married....
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2015, 04:56:39 PM »
^old habits die hard I guess...

Yeah Isa just can't stop blaming women for the failure of marriage.
January 23, 2016, 03:47:17 PM   Ad Hominem - "mere foil"   +45

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foil_(literature)

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
  • Ad Aluminum!
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2015, 04:57:56 PM »
Seems marriage is truly dying in America.

Seeing that they've a mockery out of it over the last few decades. Especially very recently.

What we have now is a nation of "perpetual adolescents".

Bachelor Nation: 70% of Men Aged 20-34 Are Not Married

CNSNews.com) –  Seventy percent of American males between the ages of 20 and 34 are not married, and many live in a state of “perpetual adolescence” with ominous consequences for the nation’s future, says Janice Shaw Crouse, author of “Marriage Matters.”
Far too many young men have failed to make a normal progression into adult roles of responsibility and self-sufficiency, roles generally associated with marriage and fatherhood,” Crouse, the  former executive director of the Beverly LaHaye Institute, wrote in a recent Washington Times oped.

The high percentage of bachelors means bleak prospects for millions of young women who dream about a wedding day that may never come. “It’s very, very depressing,” Crouse told CNSNews.com. “They’re not understanding how important it is for the culture, for society, for the strength of the nation to have strong families.”She pointed out that there’s “no data” to back up the common assertion that a lack of jobs during and after the Great Recession is the primary reason so many young men have been reluctant to tie the knot. “The problem with marriage was long before that,” she pointed out.

http://m.cnsnews.com/news/article/barbara-hollingsworth/bachelor-nation-70-men-aged-20-34-are-not-married
the millions of young women dreaming about a wedding day can blame those millions of women who made the divorce court nightmare the cautionary tale it is for US bachelors.
And who enabled/empowered these millions of women?

Yea, that's right, men.

Lovely. Misogyny remains beloved by all here.

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2015, 05:00:05 PM »
If you read Isa's entire OC.net output as a lengthy rant against his wife, it makes a lot more sense. Actually this hermeneutic probably applies to many of the contributors here, if you replace "wife" with "mom," "girlfriend," etc.
“A goose to hatch the Crystal Egg after an Eagle had half-hatched it! Aye, aye, to be sure, that’s right,” said the Old Woman of Beare. “And now you must go find out what happened to it. Go now, and when you come back I will give you your name.”
- from The King of Ireland's Son, by Padraic Colum

Offline Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2015, 05:12:25 PM »
I think I'm much more aware now...

I haven't seen much in the way of evidence for that... but then it's only been, what, a year or so? But there's plenty of time (it certainly took enough time in my own case)...  :police:
Facts unloading, please to wait

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
  • Ad Aluminum!
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2015, 05:13:08 PM »
People are opportunists.  They do things often because they can, because the other gender allows it and by their actions promotes it.  The women and men of each generation typically deserve one another.

Wow, what a reductive view, can't picture you putting such reactionary stuff forth.

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
  • Ad Aluminum!
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2015, 05:17:35 PM »
If you read Isa's entire OC.net output as a lengthy rant against his wife, it makes a lot more sense. Actually this hermeneutic probably applies to many of the contributors here, if you replace "wife" with "mom," "girlfriend," etc.

In private, I make this clear, not sure what the rules are in public since nothing was punished for making clear the source of isa's views or foul language, not sure cause I didn't see the message.

For people who believe in incarnational thought, they do have an easy time separating persons from their ideas.

Most men and a lot of women here hate women. It may be obscure in the public forums but is quite clear in the private ones.

Offline Deacon Lance

• Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Byzantine Catholic
  • Jurisdiction: Archeparchy of Pittsburgh
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2015, 06:55:38 PM »
I don't think that is fair to Isa.  He has shared he went through a bad divorce, of course that will inform his view.  To reduce his contributions to "it is all a rant subconsciously directed at the ex" is wrong.
My cromulent posts embiggen this forum.

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
  • Ad Aluminum!
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2015, 09:14:34 PM »
I don't think that is fair to Isa.  He has shared he went through a bad divorce, of course that will inform his view.  To reduce his contributions to "it is all a rant subconsciously directed at the ex" is wrong.

It's a kinder examination of his views than believing they are somehow merely informed by his intellect.

Offline Keble

• All-Knowing Grand Wizard of Debunking
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2015, 10:37:58 PM »
The big hidden number in all of this is income: poor people don't marry:
Income:under $5k$5k-$15k$15k-$25k$25k-$40k$40k-$75k$75k-$100kover $100k
% never married  30-3456.559.251.038.131.426.121.7
This chart of median age at first marriage (warning: it's massively truncated at the bottom, which exaggerates the degree of change) shows that while the ages now are at record highs, it can also be seen that the ages of the '50s-'60s were atypically low.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 10:38:38 PM by Keble »

Offline Jonathan Gress

• Taxiarches
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2015, 11:27:29 PM »

It's a kinder examination of his views than believing they are somehow merely informed by his intellect.

That's gotta burn.

Offline Jonathan Gress

• Taxiarches
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2015, 11:28:56 PM »
This chart of median age at first marriage (warning: it's massively truncated at the bottom, which exaggerates the degree of change) shows that while the ages now are at record highs, it can also be seen that the ages of the '50s-'60s were atypically low.

Certainly fits my theory. Marriage and kids are expensive now. It used to be you got a return on your investment when the kids were old enough to work around the farm. Now you're supporting them all the way through college, often beyond. So it's become a luxury for the upper class.

Offline ialmisry

• There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
  • Strategos
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2015, 11:52:25 PM »
^old habits die hard I guess...

Yeah Isa just can't stop blaming women for the failure of marriage.
I suspect the axe man linked above had more than his share in the failure of that marriage. As for both of his marriages to my ex (she married him twice), their last divorce was filed by him blaming her, and was uncontested.

But I don't usually discuss races with the never ran.
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth

Offline ialmisry

• Strategos
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2015, 11:53:27 PM »

That's gotta burn.
Not when you consider the source.
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
  • Ad Aluminum!
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2015, 12:43:02 AM »

Certainly fits my theory. Marriage and kids are expensive now. It used to be you got a return on your investment when the kids were old enough to work around the farm. Now you're supporting them all the way through college, often beyond. So it's become a luxury for the upper class.

Yeah starting adult life with huge amounts of debt isn't helpful.

I don't buy this adolescent nonsense. I knew too many of The Greatest Generation to know about how they acted and behaved. Not a lot different.

There are a lot of influences involved, but to be sure the nuclear family is no longer an ideological institution that capitalism requires or rather it is at odds with it.

The village is gone. The extended family is gone. The nuclear family is gone. All that is left are migrants subjects freed from the burdens of personal relations tied to geography so that we might move to where capital beckons.

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Serbian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of New Gracanica
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2015, 09:38:01 AM »

If you read closely enough, my entire posting history is a retelling of the story of Herr Mannelig done through interpretive posturing.
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • You don't need global warming to drown in books.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2015, 01:30:20 PM »
There's nothing more demanding on a marriage than the loss of a job and lack of money.
I was going to bring this up as well, but I don't have the numbers to back it up, do you? That's gotta be de facto #1 stress to break a marriage, right next to adultery and unhappiness within the marriage.

Numbers from the crisis we're (supposedly) coming out of will take awhile to be available, although there's research from the '80s floating around on the net.

It's a very old Greek saying that 'poverty brings nagging'. And if it was accurate in times when money was much tighter to start with, let alone with an expanding family, it doesn't take much imagination to figure how a couple that suddenly loses at least half of its income is going to be impacted.
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline Jonathan Gress

• Taxiarches
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2015, 01:50:19 PM »

Yeah starting adult life with huge amounts of debt isn't helpful.

I don't buy this adolescent nonsense. I knew too many of The Greatest Generation to know about how they acted and behaved. Not a lot different.

There are a lot of influences involved, but to be sure the nuclear family is no longer an ideological institution that capitalism requires or rather it is at odds with it.

The village is gone. The extended family is gone. The nuclear family is gone. All that is left are migrants subjects freed from the burdens of personal relations tied to geography so that we might move to where capital beckons.

I can't tell whether you were agreeing with me or not, but I agree with you that the free market is not the bedrock for a stable, family-oriented society that many conservatives still seem to think it is. But it's also worth remembering that we don't live in a truly free market economy: there's crony capitalism and there's welfare dependency. Lots of people have financial stakes in big and expanding government. I don't think drastically shrinking government will solve everything on its own, but I think that's part of the solution. The other part involves reviving community and civil society so that people will look to neighbors, rather than bureaucrats, to help them out in tight spots.

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
  • St. Theodoret of Cyrrhus, pray for us!
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Finland
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2015, 02:12:40 PM »
There's nothing more demanding on a marriage than the loss of a job and lack of money.
I was going to bring this up as well, but I don't have the numbers to back it up, do you? That's gotta be de facto #1 stress to break a marriage, right next to adultery and unhappiness within the marriage.

Numbers from the crisis we're (supposedly) coming out of will take awhile to be available, although there's research from the '80s floating around on the net.

It's a very old Greek saying that 'poverty brings nagging'. And if it was accurate in times when money was much tighter to start with, let alone with an expanding family, it doesn't take much imagination to figure how a couple that suddenly loses at least half of its income is going to be impacted.

That, and having to see each other all the time doesn't do many couples a lot of good either.

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2015, 02:22:55 PM »

There's a study on it, but it's tl;dr.

but I agree with you that the free market is not the bedrock for a stable, family-oriented society that many conservatives still seem to think it is.

Ah yes, it's always amusing and telling to see which side conservatives choose when the free market and free trade, with its Schumpetarian creative destruction, destroys everything conservatives want to preserve.

I don't think drastically shrinking government will solve everything on its own, but I think that's part of the solution. [...] The other part involves reviving community and civil society so that people will look to neighbors, rather than bureaucrats, to help them out in tight spots.

Is it possible in a post-industrial society in which most people live in hugely populous metropolitan areas? I suspect that such a thing as you propose is only possible within the context of an agrarian society, which is why the US, up until now, had the most influential civil society and the smallest welfare state of all western countries - because more people lived in the countryside.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 02:31:37 PM by Cyrillic »

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • You don't need global warming to drown in books.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2015, 03:11:28 PM »

That, and having to see each other all the time doesn't do many couples a lot of good either.

Especially saddled with all the negative baggage that unemployment brings along.

I know a few couples who used such times to set up their own businesses, but they are certainly in the minority.
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline Jonathan Gress

• Taxiarches
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2015, 03:37:15 PM »
Yes, urbanization seems to have played a big role in social atomization. This goes back a long way, e.g. St John of Kronstadt's life work was basically about helping people whose lives had been disrupted in this way.

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Serbian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of New Gracanica
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2015, 03:42:05 PM »
Yes, urbanization seems to have played a big role in social atomization. This goes back a long way, e.g. St John of Kronstadt's life work was basically about helping people whose lives had been disrupted in this way.

I don't remember any sources off hand, but there has to be something from Roman history about this.  There seems to be a major theme of the remembering the good old rustic days of yore in the heavily urbanized environment of the Imperial hub.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 03:42:24 PM by vamrat »
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline Jonathan Gress

• Taxiarches
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2015, 03:45:38 PM »

I don't remember any sources off hand, but there has to be something from Roman history about this.  There seems to be a heavy theme of the remembering the good old rustic days of yore in the heavily urbanized environment of the Imperial hub.

Of course, the really good old days were when we hunted and gathered in the wild, not when we were bound to the soil.

Offline Charles Martel

• Traditional Roman Catholic
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2015, 04:19:55 PM »

Pray, tell cyrillic, how you would ever know?

It probably involves brownshirts sweeping the streets clean of undesirables.
Starting with yourself of course.

Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2015, 04:21:25 PM »

The study I cited.

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2015, 04:25:45 PM »
If you want to reinvigorate the traditional family, high fertility and all that, you need to make it acceptable again to treat your children like slaves: put them to work as soon as they're physically able, and beat them when they disobey. No one wants kids now because as a parent you pour resources into them and get nothing in return. Dumb reproductive instincts are no match for plain foresight.
Most people I know from a "traditional" family, don't beat or enslave their children and they're perfectly happy, productive and normal. If you want children miserable, lazy with all kinds of issues, then go ahead and do the opposite.

It's the spoiled brats, like many of the liberal minded people who post on this forum who can't seem to function as a parent or a spouse or even appreciate the duties, responsibilites and rewards of a loving marriage and family.

At the end of the day, that is the reason marriage is dying because many of the younger people these days carry on like selfish little children through most of their young adult years. They want nothing to do with responsibility.

Like the OP states.......perpetual children.

We live in a Peter Pan society.

Never-never land in America.

Believe me it's not going to last.

Then what do you propose to correct it?
By making them grow up.

Start taking accountablilty for starters and take responsibility for their actions.

And women can help by stop whoring themselves out to any tom,dick and harry that comes along.

Whatever happened to men honoring women and women keeping their honor?

They both have no shame these days.
Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2015, 04:31:19 PM »

The study I cited.
As your Jewish friends would say......study, schmudy.

It's not money that makes a marriage, it's committment and dedication. It's working together and doing whatever it takes to get by and putting the other person first. In other words, it's not being SELFISH. That is what is destroying marriages, not lack of funds.

I have seen just as many rich people divorce as poor, many in my own family.

And most of the time it wasn't about money but being selfish. It's all about me not the other. and damn sure not the children.

Actually, their usually used as leverage more times than not.

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2015, 04:32:39 PM »
Seems marriage is truly dying in America.

Seeing that they've a mockery out of it over the last few decades. Especially very recently.

What we have now is a nation of "perpetual adolescents".

Bachelor Nation: 70% of Men Aged 20-34 Are Not Married

CNSNews.com) –  Seventy percent of American males between the ages of 20 and 34 are not married, and many live in a state of “perpetual adolescence” with ominous consequences for the nation’s future, says Janice Shaw Crouse, author of “Marriage Matters.”
Far too many young men have failed to make a normal progression into adult roles of responsibility and self-sufficiency, roles generally associated with marriage and fatherhood,” Crouse, the  former executive director of the Beverly LaHaye Institute, wrote in a recent Washington Times oped.

The high percentage of bachelors means bleak prospects for millions of young women who dream about a wedding day that may never come. “It’s very, very depressing,” Crouse told CNSNews.com. “They’re not understanding how important it is for the culture, for society, for the strength of the nation to have strong families.”She pointed out that there’s “no data” to back up the common assertion that a lack of jobs during and after the Great Recession is the primary reason so many young men have been reluctant to tie the knot. “The problem with marriage was long before that,” she pointed out.

http://m.cnsnews.com/news/article/barbara-hollingsworth/bachelor-nation-70-men-aged-20-34-are-not-married
the millions of young women dreaming about a wedding day can blame those millions of women who made the divorce court nightmare the cautionary tale it is for US bachelors.
And who enabled/empowered these millions of women?

Yea, that's right, men.

Lovely. Misogyny remains beloved by all here.
Yea? Prove it.

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2015, 04:36:30 PM »
Yea, sure is nasty, kicking a guy while he's down.

But these are the same people who get all sanctimonious about others being "hateful".

They wouldn't have the slightest clue what Isa's been through. Most wouldn't have the slightest clue about being married.

But they're all experts on it.

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2015, 04:41:23 PM »
Speaking of money misery and woes of marriage.

How many times have you seen a guy spend every last dime on a women (Or the other way around) trying to win her  affection while she dumps all over him and yet she forever pursues the deadbeat dirtball without a nickel to his name?

Yea, c'mon, we've all seen this at one time or another.

So spare me the "money" part of the equation.

Offline Jonathan Gress

• Taxiarches
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2015, 05:08:06 PM »

How many times have you seen a guy spend every last dime on a women (Or the other way around) trying to win her  affection while she dumps all over him and yet she forever pursues the deadbeat dirtball without a nickel to his name?

Doesn't that example support the notion that the expense of marriage is a strong disincentive?

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2015, 05:17:04 PM »

Doesn't that example support the notion that the expense of marriage is a strong disincentive?
Explain how it would support it?

Offline Jonathan Gress

• Taxiarches
« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2015, 05:18:50 PM »

Explain how it would support it?

Pouring money into finding a spouse, starting a family and raising children doesn't strike many people as worth it. Then you came up with an example of a man spending lots of money trying to buy a woman's affection and getting no results. Seems to be part of the same phenomenon.

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2015, 06:02:03 PM »
Pouring money into finding a spouse, starting a family and raising children doesn't strike many people as worth it
What could be worth more than investing in a family?

Then you came up with an example of a man spending lots of money trying to buy a woman's affection and getting no results.
Money can't buy you love.

Seems to be part of the same phenomenon.
You have to take money out of the equation. That's the point.

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2015, 06:03:21 PM »
Money can't buy you love.

Yet you complain about how...

she forever pursues the deadbeat dirtball without a nickel to his name
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 06:07:59 PM by Cyrillic »

Offline Jonathan Gress

• Taxiarches
« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2015, 06:06:56 PM »
CM, my point is based on the premise that, on average, people are not saints, but selfish bastards. That's why capitalism works better than socialism. So people are, on average, not going to invest in a family because it's the right thing to do, but because they see some selfish benefit to it, e.g. lots of forced child labor. If children are nothing but resource drains for 20 years or more, people on average are going to say to themselves "Screw this. I'mma go party."
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 06:07:33 PM by Jonathan Gress »

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2015, 06:10:20 PM »
CM, my point is based on the premise that, on average, people are not saints, but selfish bastards. That's why capitalism works better than socialism. So people are, on average, not going to invest in a family because it's the right thing to do, but because they see some selfish benefit to it, e.g. lots of forced child labor. If children are nothing but resource drains for 20 years or more, people on average are going to say to themselves "Screw this. I'mma go party."

That's so, but people (and especially women) feel a very strong biological urge to procreate at a certain point in life.

It's true that people are naturally selfish, but thank heavens, they aren't reasonable as well. That would have been the end of our species.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 06:10:35 PM by Cyrillic »

Offline Jonathan Gress

• Taxiarches
« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2015, 06:13:25 PM »

That's so, but people (and especially women) feel a very strong biological urge to procreate at a certain point in life.

It's true that people are naturally selfish, but thank heavens, they aren't reasonable as well. That would have been the end of our species.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Reason and instinct often serve to rescue man from the excess of the other.

Offline Tallitot

• Archon
    • USCJ
  • Faith: Jewish(Conservative)
« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2015, 06:41:03 PM »
The irony is that the homosexuals are the only ones who still value marriage.

The irony is that it's impossible for homosexuals to be truly "married".
that's not true- I'm getting married this summer. August 2nd, save the date! I'm hoping you and Ialmisry  will help hold the chuppa over us.
Proverbs 22:7

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Take comfort in the warmth of the Jacuzzi of Oriental Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Pope Pius XIII, play for us!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2015, 06:44:53 PM »

that's not true- I'm getting married this summer. August 2nd, save the date! I'm hoping you and Ialmisry  will help hold the chuppa over us.

Aww, Charles would love that...
The whole forum is Mor. We're emanations of his godlike mind.

Actually, Mor's face shineth like the Sun.

Offline ialmisry

• Strategos
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2015, 06:57:42 PM »

No. Sue me.
And it's not because August 2nd is a no marriage time (Dormition).

I enlarged the part you seemed to have missed.

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
  • Faith: Orthodox
« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2015, 06:59:50 PM »
Geez the cynacism from Christians in this thread.

I was just asking about Cyrillic's new tune today via PM lol.
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

— Saint Irenaeus of Lyons, Fragment XI

Offline Tallitot

• Archon
    • USCJ
  • Faith: Jewish(Conservative)
« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2015, 07:03:37 PM »

No. Sue me.
And it's not because August 2nd is a no marriage time (Dormition).

I enlarged the part you seemed to have missed.
gee whiz, what disappointment.
Proverbs 22:7

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2015, 07:05:13 PM »

Gay Jews and Charles is a romance waiting to happen.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Take comfort in the warmth of the Jacuzzi of Oriental Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Pope Pius XIII, play for us!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2015, 07:11:31 PM »

Gay Jews and Charles is a romance waiting to happen.

Italians love their sausages...
The whole forum is Mor. We're emanations of his godlike mind.

Actually, Mor's face shineth like the Sun.