Author Topic: Bachelor Nation: 70% of Men Aged 20-34 Are Not Married....  (Read 20088 times)

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
  • St. Theodoret of Cyrrhus, pray for us!
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Finland
Re: Bachelor Nation: 70% of Men Aged 20-34 Are Not Married....
« Reply #180 on: April 15, 2015, 05:59:29 PM »
From mgtow.com:

M.G.T.O.W – Men Going Their Own Way is a statement of self-ownership, where the modern man preserves and protects his own sovereignty above all else. It is the manifestation of one word: “No”. Ejecting silly preconceptions and cultural definitions of what a “man” is. Looking to no one else for social cues. Refusing to bow, serve and kneel for the opportunity to be treated like a disposable utility. And, living according to his own best interests in a world which would rather he didn’t.

Mmm, some of those buzzwords do sound strangely familiar. I wonder where I heard them before...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 05:59:39 PM by Cyrillic »

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #181 on: April 15, 2015, 05:59:54 PM »
Each one of you young men is a jewel, and deserves a doting female bound to him for life.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Online RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
  • Jurisdiction: The thrilling romance of Holy Orthodoxy
« Reply #182 on: April 15, 2015, 06:03:32 PM »
I swear Cyrillic, ialmisry and his ilk have found their refuge. There evidently plenty of sites for bitter divorcees to make themselves feel better, and also ugly men who are angry at the fact they can't attract a woman.

Everything is all starting to make sense.

These supposed "men's rights" activists on the internet are ****** wildin.

Partially veiled obscenity removed. Do remember that this forum makes no difference between partly veiled obscenities and unveiled obscenities. Both are equally forbidden.  -PtA
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 04:19:43 AM by PeterTheAleut »
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

— Saint Irenaeus of Lyons, Fragment XI

Modernist thinking and being consists of nothing but uncritical acceptance.

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
« Reply #183 on: April 15, 2015, 06:09:41 PM »

Partially veiled obscenity removed. Do remember that this forum makes no difference between partly veiled obscenities and unveiled obscenities. Both are equally forbidden.  -PtA

Those basement dwellers make for great amusement, though.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 12:44:46 AM by PeterTheAleut »

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #184 on: April 15, 2015, 06:15:45 PM »
I swear Cyrillic, ialmisry and his ilk have found their refuge. There evidently plenty of sites for bitter divorcees to make themselves feel better, and also ugly men who are angry at the fact they can't attract a woman.

If you are being personal, you may as well be accurate. Cyrillic and Prof. Almisry are both quite handsome.

Or to put it in the vernacular -- What's your deal?
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Online RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #185 on: April 15, 2015, 06:16:18 PM »

Everyone on the internet apparently looks like David Gandy.

But seriously, I hope people aren't that naive to really believe some of this crap.

And another thing that's scary that there are real people posting and have real jobs in real life.

I'm glad they post pictures of themselves, you can spot rapists pretty easily.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 12:45:10 AM by PeterTheAleut »
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

Online RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #186 on: April 15, 2015, 06:17:21 PM »

If you are being personal, you may as well be accurate. Cyrillic and Prof. Almisry are both quite handsome.

Or to put it in the vernacular -- What's your deal?
I never said either are ugly, I'm saying you have two categories of men who post this hateful misogynistic drivel. Your uglies and your bitter divorcees that feel they have been screwed by the system (and their exes)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 06:19:26 PM by nothing »

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #187 on: April 15, 2015, 06:20:33 PM »
Deconstructing the thread narrative by pretending you cannot read your first sentence there?

Online RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #188 on: April 15, 2015, 06:28:03 PM »
Deconstructing the thread narrative by pretending you cannot read your first sentence there?
Keep trying, one day you'll have something interesting to post.

In the meanintime I have much more enjoyable things to read like some of this virgin shaming stuff on the interwebs. Ciao.

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of New Jersey
« Reply #189 on: April 15, 2015, 06:31:35 PM »
I would remarry if the right woman came along.  I'd even go against my belief system and marry a previously married woman with kids.

I'm told to stay out of relationships to avoid dealing with stress, mainly financial.  If a man finds his soul mate, then a majority of stress is manageable and even enjoyable.  If you can't poke fun at your own situation, you won't be much fun to anyone else.

nothing, I hope all is well in Pittsburgh.   :)

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #190 on: April 15, 2015, 06:36:12 PM »
I would remarry if the right woman came along.  I'd even go against my belief system and marry a previously married woman with kids.

What kind of belief system is this?

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #191 on: April 15, 2015, 06:37:39 PM »
Keep trying, one day you'll have something interesting to post.

In the meanintime I have much more enjoyable things to read like some of this virgin shaming stuff on the interwebs. Ciao.

By all means, go titillate yourself and further neglect your character.

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
« Reply #192 on: April 15, 2015, 06:41:52 PM »

That married women were off-limits, even after their marriage ended.

Offline Minnesotan

• Archon
  • Milo Thatch is the ONLY Milo for me. #FreeAtlantis
« Reply #193 on: April 15, 2015, 06:44:03 PM »

Well, if you're a Mormon who believes that marriage is eternal, I can see how such a belief system might come about.
I'm not going to be posting as much on OC.Net as before. I might stop in once in a while though. But I've come to realize that real life is more important.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #194 on: April 15, 2015, 06:44:12 PM »
I mean, what is the system that encompasses such an idea?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 06:44:56 PM by Porter ODoran »

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #195 on: April 15, 2015, 06:46:03 PM »
But you are a divorcé, just to be clear, and you would not hesitate to offer yourself in marriage to a never-before-married woman?

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
« Reply #196 on: April 15, 2015, 06:54:57 PM »

Well, if you're a Mormon who believes that marriage is eternal, I can see how such a belief system might come about.

I'm not a Mormon.  I used to be conservative in my belief until I got involved with a woman who had children with other men.  So much for my conservatism.   :P

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
« Reply #197 on: April 15, 2015, 06:56:15 PM »
Cyrillic and Prof. Almisry are both quite handsome.

Jolly good, the amount of people complimenting my looks has increased to one.

Offline WPM

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #198 on: April 15, 2015, 07:02:26 PM »
You could just get a whore but then what's the point of marriage b/c of divorce? ...
Learn meditation.

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
« Reply #199 on: April 15, 2015, 07:06:14 PM »
You could just get a whore but then what's the point of marriage b/c of divorce? ...

Brilliant.

Offline Alxandra

• OC.net guru
« Reply #200 on: April 15, 2015, 07:06:43 PM »
Lord have mercy.
"And if the man is the head of the family then the woman is the heart, and this heart is made by God that He may find rest in it”
+Elder Arsenie Papacioc

Blog http://the-woman-is-the-heart.tumblr.com/

Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/thewomanistheheart/

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #201 on: April 15, 2015, 07:07:31 PM »
It's possible this thread has arisen to epitome of OC.net.

Offline Alxandra

• OC.net guru
« Reply #202 on: April 15, 2015, 07:26:33 PM »
"As to the fatalism of those who believe that man must be a slave to the ‘spirit of the age,’ it is disproved by the experience of every Christian worthy of the name, for the Christian life is nothing if it is not a struggle against the spirit of every age for the sake of eternity."
St Seraphim Rose
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 07:26:43 PM by Alxandra »
"And if the man is the head of the family then the woman is the heart, and this heart is made by God that He may find rest in it”
+Elder Arsenie Papacioc

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
« Reply #203 on: April 15, 2015, 07:34:29 PM »
"As to the fatalism of those who believe that man must be a slave to the ‘spirit of the age,’ it is disproved by the experience of every Christian worthy of the name, for the Christian life is nothing if it is not a struggle against the spirit of every age for the sake of eternity."
St Seraphim Rose

I would strongly recommend Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future by Fr Seraphim Rose.

Offline Alxandra

• OC.net guru
« Reply #204 on: April 15, 2015, 07:36:58 PM »
St Seraphim Rose

I would strongly recommend Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future by Fr Seraphim Rose.

Thank you :)
+Elder Arsenie Papacioc

Offline Theophania

• Ecumenical Dissipation Association *OF* America
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #205 on: April 15, 2015, 07:48:04 PM »
St Seraphim Rose

Oh, you.
It's common knowledge that you secretly want to be born in early 17th century Russia.  As a serf or a royal, I know not.  Chances are serf.

Online RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #206 on: April 15, 2015, 07:49:48 PM »

Be thankful whatever you lack in looks you make up for it with intellect. Plenty others have neither. At your age I was an imbecile and now a moron. Being the unobservant idiot that I was at 20 made for some bad mistakes in regards to who I dated.

Oh well, I hope you don't aspire to date a woman like the one in your avatar.

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
« Reply #207 on: April 15, 2015, 07:53:03 PM »

Be thankful whatever you lack in looks you make up for it with intellect.

Thanks.

Indeed, especially because it's not a woman.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 07:56:34 PM by Cyrillic »

Offline sakura95

• Resident Philosonoob
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Orthodox seeker
  • Jurisdiction: Deanery of Great Britain and Ireland
« Reply #208 on: April 15, 2015, 08:05:57 PM »
I never knew a thread about marriage could invoke tentacle porn or weird Japanese fetishes  ???
My Lord, My Lord, give my worthless soul the illumination of Wisdom in your mercy

Offline orthonorm

• BANNED for rules violations
  • Hoplitarches
  • Ad Aluminum!
  • Faith: DSM 5
  • Jurisdiction: Apostle to the Church of ASD
« Reply #209 on: April 15, 2015, 08:18:03 PM »
But you are a divorcé, just to be clear, and you would not hesitate to offer yourself in marriage to a never-before-married woman?

You are just outside this age group iirc, what's it like to be married and finding the time to outpost throughout the day we so called eternal adolescents? How else do you spend your time while married?

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
  • Ad Aluminum!
« Reply #210 on: April 15, 2015, 08:23:49 PM »

Consider the source bro . . . Sides don't you spend every moment with a room full of women? Seemed like that was the case in nearly every photo you posted.

And when did Isa find his way outside the public high school system, which he did nothing but criticize till he couldn't make it in academia?

Or is this title being used in the same way the other Latinist around here uses it?

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
  • Ad Aluminum!
« Reply #211 on: April 15, 2015, 08:24:46 PM »
I never knew a thread about marriage could invoke tentacle porn or weird Japanese fetishes  ???

Isn't Japanese fetish somehow redundant?

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
« Reply #212 on: April 15, 2015, 10:03:09 PM »
St Seraphim Rose

Oh, you.

Hahahaha
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 10:03:29 PM by hecma925 »
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #213 on: April 15, 2015, 10:40:34 PM »

Be thankful whatever you lack in looks you make up for it with intellect. Plenty others have neither. At your age I was an imbecile and now a moron. Being the unobservant idiot that I was at 20 made for some bad mistakes in regards to who I dated.

How charming the naivete with which he posts in the past tense!

Online Mor Ephrem

• Take comfort in the warmth of the Jacuzzi of Oriental Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #214 on: April 16, 2015, 01:50:27 AM »
Please don't project meta-debates onto me.

The erection of one’s rod counts as a form of glory (Theophylaktos of Ohrid, A Defense of Eunuchs, p. 329).

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #215 on: April 16, 2015, 01:56:01 AM »

You are just outside this age group iirc, what's it like to be married and finding the time to outpost throughout the day we so called eternal adolescents? How else do you spend your time while married?

You'll find out someday, Norman. Someday.

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #216 on: April 16, 2015, 04:14:30 AM »
St Seraphim Rose
When did Fr. Seraphim become a Saint?
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #217 on: April 16, 2015, 04:24:55 AM »
The language in many of the most recent posts has grown too insulting to specific posters on this thread, so this thread is now locked pending further review.
Not all who wander are lost.