Author Topic: Are men financially shooting themselves in the foot by their own misogyny?  (Read 2169 times)

Offline Greatest I am

• BANNED for rules violations
  • Elder
Are men financially shooting themselves in the foot by their own misogyny?

http://www.upworthy.com/51-pretty-shocking-facts-that-make-things-harder-for-every-woman-you-have-ever-met?c=reccon1

My wife was lucky in that even though she did not make as much as men for the same work, she did quite well financially.

That means that I was quite lucky as well because between us we did quite well.

Many misogynous and chauvinistic men have not done as well because of their own gender views and complain vehemently against the system of misogyny when it comes to their own wealth, --- even as they support it and keep their wives, daughters and mothers as second class citizens.

Are all husbands and men who plan to marry, --- who are not promoting equality,  --- financially shooting themselves in the foot by their own misogyny?

Regards
DL

Offline Pravoslavac

• High Elder
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Church
My father taught me that women work in kitchen and men work in factory.
"Bullets comrades! Not candies! Bullets will save us from the US imperialists!" - Comrade Kim Jong Il

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
  • St. Theodoret of Cyrrhus, pray for us!
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Finland
Many misogynous and chauvinistic men have not done as well because of their own gender views and complain vehemently against the system of misogyny when it comes to their own wealth, --- even as they support it and keep their wives, daughters and mothers as second class citizens.

What do you think we are? Afghan goat herders?

Offline Jonathan Gress

• Taxiarches

If you hear some feminists talk, yes.

Offline Pravoslavac

• High Elder

Most Orthodox countries are not much more advanced than Afghan goat herders.
"Bullets comrades! Not candies! Bullets will save us from the US imperialists!" - Comrade Kim Jong Il

Offline Porter ODoran

• St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Toumarches
  • Monahos.net: "Lawful Evil"; OC.net: "Chaotic Evil"
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA

Well, a man with a fate like that, no wonder he sought to spread the misery.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline Pravoslavac

• High Elder
Even Bible teaches that women should serve men. I guess those who wrote Bible didn't consider that women will eventually get their dignity and human rights back. xD

Offline Minnesotan

• Archon
  • Milo Thatch is the ONLY Milo for me. #FreeAtlantis
Even Bible teaches that women should serve men. I guess those who wrote Bible didn't consider that women will eventually get their dignity and human rights back. xD

« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 04:34:57 PM by Minnesotan »
I'm not going to be posting as much on OC.Net as before. I might stop in once in a while though. But I've come to realize that real life is more important.

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
  • St. Theodoret of Cyrrhus, pray for us!
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Finland

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

Not all who wander are lost.

Offline Greatest I am

• Elder

Then he must have had a poor palate.

Just kidding my friend, --- but I think he was wrong as men are the best chiefs and for repetitive drudgery, women seem to be able to handle the brain dead work better than men.

Regards
DL

Offline Greatest I am

• Elder

I do not know who is here but the U.N. and most intelligent people seems to think the whole world has a ways to go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0Dg226G2Z8#t=39

Regards
DL

Offline Porter ODoran

• Toumarches
... women seem to be able to handle the brain dead work better than men.

Ooh he can troll from all sides! A versatile.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline Greatest I am

• Elder

So it is ok to deny it here and now. Quite a view of justice. Would you be listening and supporting that view so well if you were a woman?

But that aside and to not get too personal, let me ask a general question to big strapping men like you and any weak women that might be here.

Generally speaking, should the strong serve the weak in a family, --- or should the weak serve the strong?

Regards
DL

Offline Greatest I am

• Elder
... women seem to be able to handle the brain dead work better than men.

Ooh he can troll from all sides! A versatile.

A realist.

Regards
DL

Offline homedad76

• High Elder
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
Gender roles are simply a recognition of the strengths and weaknesses of each gender in a general way.  But there will always be exceptions and those who don't easily fit into such boxes (which is exactly why trying to codify "gender" into any meaningful legal category is frivilous, but I digress).  I am a stay-at-home Dad my wife is career oriented.  I think any person, male or female, who feels any person needs to change who they are in order to fit into their life is pathetic.
"However hard I try, I find it impossible to construct anything greater than these three words, 'Love one another' —only to the end, and without exceptions: then all is justified and life is illumined, whereas otherwise it is an abomination and a burden."

—Mother Maria of Paris

Offline Porter ODoran

• Toumarches
Do you ever wonder what happens on the other Christian forums where he does this? Something tells me we aren't that great a source of entertainment, compared.

Offline Porter ODoran

• Toumarches
Gender roles are simply a recognition of the strengths and weaknesses of each gender in a general way.  But there will always be exceptions and those who don't easily fit into such boxes (which is exactly why trying to codify "gender" into any meaningful legal category is frivilous, but I digress).  I am a stay-at-home Dad my wife is career oriented.  I think any person, male or female, who feels any person needs to change who they are in order to fit into their life is pathetic.

Oh that's why your username is Homedad76! Gosh I'm slow.

We should hang.

Offline homedad76

• High Elder
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
Do you ever wonder what happens on the other Christian forums where he does this? Something tells me we aren't that great a source of entertainment, compared.

I would love to see the reactions on the fundie forums...  pure entertainment.
"However hard I try, I find it impossible to construct anything greater than these three words, 'Love one another' —only to the end, and without exceptions: then all is justified and life is illumined, whereas otherwise it is an abomination and a burden."

—Mother Maria of Paris

Offline Greatest I am

• Elder
Gender roles are simply a recognition of the strengths and weaknesses of each gender in a general way.  But there will always be exceptions and those who don't easily fit into such boxes (which is exactly why trying to codify "gender" into any meaningful legal category is frivilous, but I digress).

Well thought out and put.

I have to wonder then if you think God was being frivolous when doing just that with his  --- he shall rule over you, --- thus categorizing women as being ruled over by men.

Gnostic Christian equate equality with righteousness and we see God not being righteous with that tenet as well as the one forbidding women to teach men.

I am a stay-at-home Dad my wife is career oriented.  I think any person, male or female, who feels any person needs to change who they are in order to fit into their life is pathetic.

I agree and wonder then why Christians are so homophobic and demand that gays change or supress who they are.

Regards
DL

Offline Papist

• Patriarch of Pontification
  • Toumarches
Gender roles are simply a recognition of the strengths and weaknesses of each gender in a general way.  But there will always be exceptions and those who don't easily fit into such boxes (which is exactly why trying to codify "gender" into any meaningful legal category is frivilous, but I digress).

I have to wonder then if you think God was being frivolous when doing just that with his  --- he shall rule over you, --- thus categorizing women as being ruled over by men.

Gnostic Christian equate equality with righteousness and we see God not being righteous with that tenet as well as the one forbidding women to teach men.

I am a stay-at-home Dad my wife is career oriented.  I think any person, male or female, who feels any person needs to change who they are in order to fit into their life is pathetic.

I agree and wonder then why Christians are so homophobic and demand that gays change or supress who they are.

Regards
DL

All of us are called to live according to virtue of chastity, all of us - whether strait or gay - must practice self-mastery.
"For, by its immensity, the divine substance surpasses every form that our intellect reaches. Thus we are unable to apprehend it by knowing what it is. Yet we are able to have some knowledge of it by knowing what it is not." - St. Thomas Aquinas, Summa contra gentiles, I, 14.

Offline wgw

• All scorpions must DIE!!!
  • Taxiarches
  • This icon is of St. Athansius.
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox

Regards
DL

DL, the ancient Orthodox Church believed that sex is a blessing within heterosexual marriage, and that children were a blessing, and promoted a family life, following the teachings of our Lord and the Apostles in the Canonical New Testament we compiled.

The Gnostics of who, you seem to identify on the other hand generally did not value procreation and favored sex for pleasure.  But the Orthodox parted ways with the Gnostics over this point roughly 1,965 years ago.

So, I don't think you're going to find any converts here.  I don't go to Gnostic forums and troll there.  I have trolled the blog of a United Methodist Minister who was breaking the rules of the church in which Imwas originally baptized as an infant and grew up in in order to promote a crypto-Gnostic theology.  But I respect the Ecclesia Gnostica, Bishop Stephen Hoeller and all Gnostics who are honest about their believes.  But the Orthodox Church is adamantly against Gnosticism and always has been.  So if you agree with the Valentinians or the Mainchees or the Paulicians or the Bogomils or whomever, that's fine by me.  But we disagree.  And we resent being called misogynistic.  Our people along with !andaean Gnostics are being persecuted in the Middle East right now; fortunately most Mandaeans have emigrated to safety and there are only 2,000 or so left in Iraq but there are I believe hundreds of thousands of Orthodox, Catholic and Nestorian Christians who are in mortal danger and about 30,000 Yazidis, who probably were Gnostic and whose faith contains Gnostic elements.  Not to mention the Alevis, the Yarsanis, the Zoroastrians, the Baha'i and other minorities.  So I am really not going to engage with anyone who calls us misogynist while were getting killed in Syria and Iraq.  The United Methodist minister did that and I chewed him out for it, and systematically went through his blog, posted detailed refutations of all his heretical posts, which to my knowledge are still online, and compiled the results into a 70,000 word polemic.

If he had actually shown that he cared about the persecuted religious minorities in the Middle East including his Christian brothers and sisters, which Bishop Hoeller of the Ecclesia Gnostica has, through lecture series and other events here in the LA area (I really regret missing his lecture on the Yazidis), I would have not only left the Methodist pastor alone, but would have agreed to disagree with him.

Maybe when ISIL stops selling Christian and Yazidi children of both sexes for use as slaves, sex slaves even, we can revisit the 2nd century and take a look at St. Irenaeus and his refutations of Gnosticism, and examine the Gnostic and Orthodox scriptures and traditions, and discuss issues like homosexuality and women's rights.  But right now, unless you're actively doing things to help the Christians and other minorities being killed and treated barbarically by ISIL, I think I speak for many of us on this forum in reminding you that as far as the Orthodox Church is concerned, until you repent, which we pray for, you are anathema maranatha and we really can't have this particular discussion with you right now.

Now if you're willing to respectfully engage with us and show us what you're doing to help the persecuted Christians and religious minorities of the middle East, even if it's just prayer on your part, then I think we can have a dialogue with you.  Note I speak only for myself, but I believe a lot of weary members of this forum feel the same way.

Lastly please note this forum has established that it officially supports the Orthodox teaching on homosexuality, that is to say, that it's wrong and we shouldn't do that.  Now maybe we're wrong, and you're welcome to believe that and be a Gnostic, but please bear in mind the real suffering that the Christians in the Middle East, and their brothers and sisters from other Minority religions are under.  If you want to see misogyny par excellence, you're barking up the wrong tree; the Islamic State has practically turned the abuse and degradation of woe,n, and young girls and boys, into an art form.  Whereas we object to the mistreatment of women.
Axios and many years to you, Fr. Trenham!