Author Topic: Trivia for the Stooge-a-holics  (Read 409 times)

Offline Michael1950

• What we do in this life echoes in eternity.
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church
Trivia for the Stooge-a-holics
« on: March 03, 2015, 08:25:03 AM »
When I was in grade school I would rush home everyday so I could watch the Three Stooges on that miniscule screened Muntz TV we had. Of course my Mom would just cluck her tongue and queery me as to whether I didn't have more useful pursuits for my mind. The following is a routine the Stooges did in one of their shorts from 1940 (I think). What was the title of that short? No prize for a right answer - just the satisfaction of knowing that you cluttered your mind with nonsense as much as I did.

"Who darned our socks and washed our shirts when we were helpless little squirts?
Mammy!
Who kept the buttons on our clothes, who scrubbed our ears and blew our nose?
Mammy!
Oh Mammy, it's your little boy Sammie, coming home from Alabamie, put on those eggs and hammy. Don't flim-flammy with me Mammy!
Oh Mammy!!"

And in this Lenten Season let's not forget to love, honor, and always pray for our Moms ( and our Dads ).

Offline CarolS

• Lurker Extraordinaire
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church
Re: Trivia for the Stooge-a-holics
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 11:40:05 AM »
Our son was barely 2 years old when one day he took a hammer and was pounding on the plaster wall.  I asked him what he was doing and he said "Put fire in wall".  This was in imitation of a Stooges episode where they are home remodelers and knock a hole in the wall and then drop down a match into the wall.  Another time, at age 3, sitting across the table from an elderly Russian woman at Church, he looked at her and said "Cockeyed-soap troublemaker!" (quoting from a Stooges episode).  She looked up and said "What?" for him to repeat it, but I interrupted and said "Oh, nevermind".
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?