OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 21, 2014, 08:34:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Catholic Answers Forum  (Read 1561 times) Average Rating: 0
Orthodoc
Supporter & Defender Of Orthodoxy
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: OCA

Those who ignore history tend to repeat it.

« on: June 10, 2005, 09:39:14 PM »

Looks like we finally get some recognition of our existence on the Catholic Answers Forum.  They list us as a SUB FORM, along with Moslems & LDS in the NON_CATHOLIC REL:IGIONS section.

And then some wonder why I defend our 'Catholicity' so much!

Oh well!

Orthodoc

Oh Lord, Save thy people and bless thine inheritance.
Grant victory to the Orthodox Christians over their adversaries.
And by virtue of thy Cross preserve thy habitation.
sin_vladimirov
ANAXIOS!
Elder

ICXC NIKA

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 09:50:16 PM »

I do not think that lately I have been really pre-occupied with caring much about what our Latin friends think of anything.

LOL

Lord have mercy.
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2005, 12:34:19 AM »

Would you expect more from CA ? From what I see Fr Ambrose does pretty good on a RC board, the other popular RC board has Eastern Orthodox sub forum I believe (catholic.org)

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Michael

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2005, 02:56:47 AM »

Is this the same forum which may be found at http://forums.catholic.com ?

I ask because, after reading this thread, I googled for it and this is what I came up with.  I had never visited this site previously, and was greeted with the message: "Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here".

Apparently not the most welcoming of forums. Undecided
« Last Edit: June 11, 2005, 02:57:16 AM by Michael » Logged
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2005, 11:13:15 AM »

Michael,

That is Catholic Answers, the other is Catholic Online Forum.

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Michael

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2005, 01:19:05 PM »

Oh I see.

Thank you.

I thought it was Catholic Answers that this thread was referring to. Huh

I'll try the Catholic Online Forum now, though.
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2005, 02:39:36 PM »

Yes, that is the site Orthodoc was referring to Catholic Answers, I just suggested the other for comparison, although I have not seen a Orthodox priest participate there as Fr. Ambrose does on CA.

james, a maverick rc of sorts

Orthodoc
Supporter & Defender Of Orthodoxy
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: OCA

Those who ignore history tend to repeat it.

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2005, 03:02:42 PM »

Oh I see.

Thank you.

I thought it was Catholic Answers that this thread was referring to. Huh

I'll try the Catholic Online Forum now, though.

It is the forum I was referring to.ÂÂ  Don't feel bad I, as well as other Orthodox have been suspended.ÂÂ  Even Fr Ambrose has been suspended more than once.ÂÂ  Every time it happens he is reinstated when people start complaining.

I was suspended for asking the very same questions I have asked here when certain people start complaining that in 1947 the big bad Russian Orthodox Church collaborated with Stalin to steal the UGCC's.ÂÂ  My question was and remains -ÂÂ  "Since you are complaining about the one of only two choices Stalin gave the ROC, please explain how and in what way the UGCC would have been better off than it was when communism was abolished, if the ROC had refused Stalin's threat to increase the persecution if the ROC refused to take the churches and sat back and watched as Stalin went ahead and  abolished the UGCC?ÂÂ  And, where would the current 600 UGCC priests trained in Orthodox Seminaries have come from?ÂÂ  Especially since there is such a shortage of Greek Catholic priests in the west making it necessary for many Greek CatholicÂÂ  churches in the west to be serviced by bi-ritual Roman Catholic priests.

Seems neither question is ever answered.ÂÂ  It was much easier for them to suspend me in CA rather than give an answer or opinion.

Orthodoc
« Last Edit: June 11, 2005, 03:06:18 PM by Orthodoc » Logged

Oh Lord, Save thy people and bless thine inheritance.
Grant victory to the Orthodox Christians over their adversaries.
And by virtue of thy Cross preserve thy habitation.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: