Author Topic: God's interaction with the world  (Read 1691 times)

Offline Dan-Romania

• BANNED for rules violations
  • High Elder
God's interaction with the world
« on: January 06, 2015, 12:20:05 PM »
Is God directly participating and active in the on-going events of the world? How is God's interaction with the world ? Is he all active, all present in all the plans of creation, bringing the whole of creation into its destiny? Or is His interaction only episodical, letting things up to people, and the course of nature and intervening from time to time. If so what triggers God's intervention in the world?  How does one know when God has intervene in the world? How can one bring God's intervention into his life and under which condition and timeline does it happen?
This user no longer posts here.

Offline Seekingtrue

• Elder
  • I no longer post on this forum
Re: God's interaction with the world
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 05:21:26 PM »
God reveals himself to each person in different way,different timing.God is omnipresent and everything is at his will.People using logic to understand him but human logic is limited therefore they don't have God s knowledge and wisdom.In our prayers we can ask God s wisdom and knowledge

Offline Porter ODoran

• St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Toumarches
  • Monahos.net: "Lawful Evil"; OC.net: "Chaotic Evil"
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 05:53:48 PM »
God not only created but sustains all things, and without him nothing would continue. His Spirit also participates in the groanings of ourselves and all creation. God so permeates all he has made with such sympathetic attention that not even a sparrow drops without his notice.

That it seems otherwise is due to our natural ignorance and to the tireless machinations of the Impostor, into whose hands for a season God has delivered the systems of the world.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline Dan-Romania

• High Elder
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 04:48:40 AM »
God not only created but sustains all things, and without him nothing would continue. His Spirit also participates in the groanings of ourselves and all creation. God so permeates all he has made with such sympathetic attention that not even a sparrow drops without his notice.

That it seems otherwise is due to our natural ignorance and to the tireless machinations of the Impostor, into whose hands for a season God has delivered the systems of the world.

So when and how does God step in, and what triggers his intervention into the world? How can one bring God's intervention into his life, under which conditions and upon which timeline does it happen?

Offline Dan-Romania

• High Elder
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 06:34:52 PM »
bump

Offline Alveus Lacuna

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 06:40:39 PM »
So when and how does God step in, and what triggers his intervention into the world? How can one bring God's intervention into his life, under which conditions and upon which timeline does it happen?

I don't know if anyone could answer a question like this. His own will triggers his intervention?

Offline eddybear

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Orthodox, awaiting Chrismation
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Sourozh
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 06:53:43 PM »

We can't control God's intervention into the world - that would make us greater than God! But we can pray for His intervention, and so often (much more often than we realise) He graciously intervenes in answer to our prayers.

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me St. Severus
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 08:23:48 PM »
I personally believe there is not a moment or a split of a second that God in Christ is not involved in all the world's everyday happenings.  If for some reason He changes the consistency of the world's processes with some sort of unusual or unpredictable situation, that does not mean He decided to intervene, but that He changes what He already is taking part in.  He may allow certain things to happen, and He seems to allow a lot to happen.  But I tend to see this as a level of of His intervention, not "non-intervention".  At the most basic level, just the fact that I or even a rock exists is due to His involvement, His grace.

How can all this happen while we have free will, without sounding deterministic? I don't know. But God knows, and God can do this. It's a matter of trusting in God's will in the world, and His will is in every space and moment in time of the world.  This I believe.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Dan-Romania

• High Elder
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 06:56:40 AM »
What is the Way, God acts into the world, what actions of ours create what reactions of God? What is the pattern?

Offline WPM

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Abilene
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2015, 07:49:44 AM »
By way of the Trinity, .. Father, Son , and Holy Spirit. Has to do with Gregory Palamas theology of essences and energies
Holy and God-bearing father, Macarius, through the Power of the All-pervading prayer - Pray to God for us. Amen

Offline WPM

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Abilene
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 08:04:33 AM »
Is God directly participating and active in the on-going events of the world? How is God's interaction with the world ? Is he all active, all present in all the plans of creation, bringing the whole of creation into its destiny? Or is His interaction only episodical, letting things up to people, and the course of nature and intervening from time to time. If so what triggers God's intervention in the world?  How does one know when God has intervene in the world? How can one bring God's intervention into his life and under which condition and timeline does it happen?

Who exactly are you referring to? ...
Holy and God-bearing father, Macarius, through the Power of the All-pervading prayer - Pray to God for us. Amen