OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 21, 2014, 02:17:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Actually RESURRECTED from the dead!....Theotokos stiches up a muslim man  (Read 4141 times) Average Rating: 0
eleni

« on: June 01, 2005, 02:18:47 AM »

This is a miracle ....

A muslim man was unable to have children  and was told he should seek other women(because islam allows this)
He and his wife did not wish to do this ....and travelling in a taxi the taxi driver(also muslim)asked him why he looked so sad ...The wealthy suadi Arabian told him about the wish to have children and directed him to go to a monastary that many who visit there have been known to have miracles happen...
Ill try and translate the whole strory...but for now, the web site in greek tells it all..on radio and newspapers circulating around Syria,Jerusalem and among Muslims .....

http://www.pigizois.gr/index2.htm

Glory be to God.
Christ is Risen!
He truly is Risen!
IX
helen

A Prudent man foresees evil and hides himself;
The simple pass on and are punished.
-Proverbs27:12-
alexp4uni
Site Supporter
Elder

Faith: kinda practicing theist
Jurisdiction: ecumenical kind

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 02:56:32 AM »

I can only make out so much Greek from my Basic understanding of modern Greek. I use a book call Koine to study off of it. But I do remember that the grammar is much easier. As i understand it the  police arrive and notice there the murderers weren't there? But i think when they left they shouted How is he still alive!? But I do know that the end of the article: As i read it

+ñ++ +++¦-ì+++¦ +¦-Ã -ä-î -ä+¼-ü+¦+++¦ -ä+¦-é +¦-ü+¦+¦+¦+¦+¡-é ++++-Ã -â++-Ã +++++¦+++¦+¦+¡-é -ç-Ä-ü+¦-é +¦+¦+¦ -î++++ -ä++ +£+¡-â++ +æ+++¦-ä+++++«, +¦+++++¦++-ì-ü+¦++-â+¦ -â+¼++++  - Well of course muslims are gonna be angry they allow as one muslim cleric said on Al-Arabia "Criminal Blood flowing throught the streets of Arabia. There should not be innocent people alive since  our century of Jihad has taken course"

Ecumenical

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 03:57:02 PM »

AMazing but true.
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 04:20:46 PM »

Are there any articles in English yet? 

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
eleni

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 01:50:00 AM »

I actually tried to look for articles in english , but cannot find any.

It would be good if someone did a follow up on this....as in put it on 60 minutes(currentaffairs documantary)....I think this would strengthen peoeples faith in goodness that God sees in our hearts .

I tried google but nothing comes up.

Christ is Risen
He truly has Risen.
IX
helen

prodromos
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 05:55:37 AM »

Wow, they cut him to pieces, dumped the body parts in the boot of their car and drove towards a remote location to dispose of his remains. Their car broke down on the way but they refused the help of a passerby (not wanting to be discovered) who became suspicious of their refusal and especially so on noticing blood dripping from the boot. He notified the police who immediately went to the scene and ordered them to open the boot of their car. On opening the boot, the murdered man stood up whole and alive and exclaimed that Panayia had just finished sewing him up. He has since been examined by doctors who declare that he has indeed been sewn back together.

Glory be to God!
prodromos
OC.net guru

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2005, 06:01:12 AM »

BTW, the account appears to be written by the abbot of the monastery Poimenon near Bethlehem, Father Ignatius.
TomS
Banned
Archon

Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2005, 07:36:52 AM »

BTW, the account appears to be written by the abbot of the monastery Poimenon near Bethlehem, Father Ignatius.

That makes it suspect immediately in my book. Sounds like another fanatic.
prodromos
OC.net guru

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2005, 07:53:39 AM »

That makes it suspect immediately in my book. Sounds like another fanatic.

Remind me not to buy your book Wink

A friend is checking into it through contacts she has in Syria. I'll let you know what she finds out.

John
Hadel
IN CHRIST
Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Jerusalem

Jesus Christ Our Lord, King of Kings

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2005, 09:09:26 AM »

This is a miracle ....

A muslim man was unable to have children and was told he should seek other women(because islam allows this)
He and his wife did not wish to do this ....and travelling in a taxi the taxi driver(also muslim)asked him why he looked so sad ...The wealthy suadi Arabian told him about the wish to have children and directed him to go to a monastary that many who visit there have been known to have miracles happen...
Ill try and translate the whole strory...but for now, the web site in greek tells it all..on radio and newspapers circulating around Syria,Jerusalem and among Muslims .....

Please I would love to read it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley I don't speak Greek...Sad
In Christ, Hadel

http://www.pigizois.gr/index2.htm

Glory be to God.
Christ is Risen!
He truly is Risen!
IX
helen
« Last Edit: June 02, 2005, 09:10:11 AM by Hadel » Logged

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
eleni

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2005, 11:27:03 PM »

The Priest speaking sounds sincere to me and I totally beleive it's a miracle.
Glory Be to God!

My neighbours are from Syria, and they are Muslim...my husband told them and they are also checking it out.

Hadel, The wealthy muslim man and his wife were unable to have children,.
They were in Syria and travelling in a taxi ....the taxi man asked them why they looked so sad....the husband explained that they were childless and unable to have children.
The taxi man mentioned the monastary in particular ''Theotokos tis Despoinas'' Monastary of the Virgin..where miracles happen.
The muslim man having tried doctors and such, told the taxi man that if it indeed is a miracle ,then he would give him 20,000 dollars and the monastary 80,000 dollars.
As it happened ,after visiting the monastary with his wife, the miracle indeed happened..they had a baby boy.

since the muslim man was true to his word, he wanted to see the taxi man again and give him the money he promised and also visit the monastary .
When the taxi man arrived at the airport to pick the man up,he had told two friends of his and were up to no good....they were going to steal all the money..knowing that he(muslim man)had alot with him at the time.
Instead of taking him to the monastary, he took him to a deserted place where they beheaded him and cut his legs and arms off...they put him into the boot of the car(back)and instead of getting rid of the body there, they were going to dump him elsewhere and as they were driving, the taxi broke down.....unable to do anything,they got out to check the engine......a passer by saw them and asked them if they needed any help....of course they knew of what they had done and did not want the help...the passer by saw blood dripping from the boot and being suspicious left and reported it to the police....the police arrived and the boot was opned up and the man(muslim) came out and said that the Theotokos had just finished stiching him up and all this with the intercessions of her Son Jesus Christ.....The taxi driver and his friends were in shock and told them that they had indeed murdered him ......
And that's it.......the man was examined by doctors and others who indeed testified that the stiches were fresh and visible to this day..this happened at Christmas 2004......Syria and the surrounding countries have all heard of this Tv and newspapers have reported this also..the Muslim man is from Suadi Arabia and he and his family have since been babtised Orthodox Christians....the documents can verify to what had happened,all signed by the witnesses and the Suadi Arabian man.....
This is not the exact words of the story but close enough......also many young muslims see Christ and come to the church to be babtised....
I.X
helen.
CHRIST IS RISEN
HE TRULY IS RISEN!

prodromos
OC.net guru

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2005, 02:16:53 AM »

Thank you Eleni!

Yes, I hadn't noticed the recording and on listening to the interview I'm with you 100%. Not that I wasn't before Smiley, I have met some monks from Bethlehem before and may have even met Father Ignatius (I didn't learn their names) and  "fanatics" is not a word that fits their description.

You might be interested to learn that another murdered and dismembered man was restored by Saint Menas, although I think this occured some centuries ago. I must see if I can dig up the details.

Again Eleni, thank you so, so much for posting the link above. My wife and I have been very blessed by it.

Christos Anesti!  Christ is Risen!
John
Hadel
IN CHRIST
Elder

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2005, 10:05:43 AM »

Glory Be to God!

My neighbours are from Syria, and they are Muslim...my husband told them and they are also checking it out.

Hadel, The wealthy muslim man and his wife were unable to have children,.
They were in Syria and travelling in a taxi ....the taxi man asked them why they looked so sad....the husband explained that they were childless and unable to have children.
The taxi man mentioned the monastary in particular ''Theotokos tis Despoinas'' Monastary of the Virgin..where miracles happen.
The muslim man having tried doctors and such, told the taxi man that if it indeed is a miracle ,then he would give him 20,000 dollars and the monastary 80,000 dollars.
As it happened ,after visiting the monastary with his wife, the miracle indeed happened..they had a baby boy.

since the muslim man was true to his word, he wanted to see the taxi man again and give him the money he promised and also visit the monastary .
When the taxi man arrived at the airport to pick the man up,he had told two friends of his and were up to no good....they were going to steal all the money..knowing that he(muslim man)had alot with him at the time.
Instead of taking him to the monastary, he took him to a deserted place where they beheaded him and cut his legs and arms off...they put him into the boot of the car(back)and instead of getting rid of the body there, they were going to dump him elsewhere and as they were driving, the taxi broke down.....unable to do anything,they got out to check the engine......a passer by saw them and asked them if they needed any help....of course they knew of what they had done and did not want the help...the passer by saw blood dripping from the boot and being suspicious left and reported it to the police....the police arrived and the boot was opned up and the man(muslim) came out and said that the Theotokos had just finished stiching him up and all this with the intercessions of her Son Jesus Christ.....The taxi driver and his friends were in shock and told them that they had indeed murdered him ......
And that's it.......the man was examined by doctors and others who indeed testified that the stiches were fresh and visible to this day..this happened at Christmas 2004......Syria and the surrounding countries have all heard of this Tv and newspapers have reported this also..the Muslim man is from Suadi Arabia and he and his family have since been babtised Orthodox Christians....the documents can verify to what had happened,all signed by the witnesses and the Suadi Arabian man.....
This is not the exact words of the story but close enough......also many young muslims see Christ and come to the church to be babtised....
I.X
helen.
CHRIST IS RISEN
HE TRULY IS RISEN!

Thanks Eleni, I appreciate your generous nature!  Smiley I'll be honest; I am originally from Jordan and heard of many stories like these; there passed down from one generation to another so no surprises for me, but I am very happy for the man.

In Christ,
Hadel

TomS
Banned
Archon

Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2005, 10:08:47 AM »

"Sincerity is NOT a sign of truth."  - Jim Rohn

Sincerity is simply a sign of one's belief in something that they THINK is the truth. Many a man and woman have been sincerely WRONG throughout history.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 10:10:55 AM by TomS » Logged
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2005, 10:42:12 AM »

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Hadel
IN CHRIST
Elder

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2005, 11:05:03 AM »

Sorry OZGeorge, for this ignorant person that I am, please explain?

Thanks, Hadel

God Bless!

prodromos
OC.net guru

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2005, 11:47:18 AM »

Tom,

get your wife to listen to the recording of the radio broadcast that this transcript is from as there is a bit more before and after what is in the transcript. THe Abbot makes it pretty clear he has checked the validity of the miracle.

Here's a direct link...

www.pigizois.gr/thaumata/thauma_tis_iperagias_theotokou.mp3
prodromos
OC.net guru

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2005, 11:49:46 AM »

(loosely) They say that the rock is hard but it isn't true. There are hearts that are harder that reside in the chests
SakranMM
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Most Holy Theotokos, save us!

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2005, 12:11:04 PM »

This isn't the first time I've heard this story.  A fellow parishoner (who's name I won't mention, but for those of you who keep up with the field of Christian Bioethics, he is one of the world's leading speakers on this topic), who has made numerous pilgrimages to Mt. Athos and other holy Orthodox sites relayed this story to me a few months ago.  I don't think there is any reason to doubt it.  Miracles wrought by God's grace through His saints and the Theotokos abound in the early years of the Church - what makes us think that they can't be worked in modern times?  That's just my 2 cents.

Forgive,

Michael

"And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us..."
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2005, 09:28:40 AM »

The original letter has been translated from Greek into English by Fr. Nektarios Sefres: http://www.pigizois.gr/agglika/the_miracle_in_siria.htm
« Last Edit: July 02, 2005, 10:03:07 AM by ozgeorge » Logged

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Hadel
IN CHRIST
Elder

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2005, 10:49:47 AM »

The original letter has been translated from Greek into English by Fr. Nektarios Sefres: http://www.pigizois.gr/agglika/the_miracle_in_siria.htm

Thanks, Homer, I mean ozgeorge!  Grin Wink

Cephas
There is no spoon.
Elder

Faith: Coptic Orthodox
Jurisdiction: See of St. Mark

γνῶθισε αυτόν

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2005, 06:32:20 PM »

I heard about this miracle as well.  Truly incredible.  May the prayers of the Blessed Mother of God be with us.

Cephas 

"But he was wounded for our transgressions, crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the punishment that made us whole, and by his bruises we are healed."
-- Isaiah 53:5

"He who knows himself knows God"
-- Pi Nishti Abba Antony
Antiochian

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2005, 05:38:25 AM »

I frequently read Lebanese news and I do not recall coming past this incident last December.

I will ask and see if I can come up with something.

djrak

"Do not put out the Spirit's fire" - 1 Thess 5:19

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2005, 08:12:02 AM »

Nope, we never heard this story in Lebanon. (at least not me, and it never was on the news, miracles like this never are anyway)

"Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father" - John 14:9
xls
Banned

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2005, 06:10:26 PM »

This will not be in the main stream news for many reasons. One reason is that other religions do not want to show any miracles of orthodoxy since their religion would look bad. Let us not be naive and think that it will. We do not even hear talks about the holy fire, but we do hear talks of Christianity being attacked every week.

The Jews own the top media companies, the Protestants are not a real Christian religion, the Muslim religion says to spread their religion which has no miracles and to show another would be very bad, and the atheists deny everything. And most people including the orthodox people do the biggest devastation since many deny everything that they are and trust what the other say.
SeanMc

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2005, 06:17:11 PM »

We do not even hear talks about the holy fire, but we do hear talks of Christianity being attacked every week.

It was on the news here and they showed video of it. Many people were dancing.
Antiochian

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2005, 08:28:20 AM »

This will not be in the main stream news for many reasons. One reason is that other religions do not want to show any miracles of orthodoxy since their religion would look bad. Let us not be naive and think that it will. We do not even hear talks about the holy fire, but we do hear talks of Christianity being attacked every week.

The Jews own the top media companies, the Protestants are not a real Christian religion, the Muslim religion says to spread their religion which has no miracles and to show another would be very bad, and the atheists deny everything. And most people including the orthodox people do the biggest devastation since many deny everything that they are and trust what the other say.

That's not necessarily true in the case of Lebanon.

We always hear of miracle stories, the Lebanese people are quite superstitious. They love this stuff. A story like this would've definitely made the news.

djrak

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2005, 09:29:38 AM »

That's not necessarily true in the case of Lebanon.

We always hear of miracle stories, the Lebanese people are quite superstitious. They love this stuff. A story like this would've definitely made the news.
which news?

Antiochian

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2005, 09:59:46 AM »

Akhbar Lebnani ya akhi.

I'm speaking to a Syrian friend, who was in Syria at the time.

He didn't hear of it in the media, but he did come across it on the web. I shall continue my questioning.

If it was signed by Patriarch Ignatius, then the clergy within the Antiochian Church would obviously know about it.

djrak

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2005, 04:08:06 PM »

Akhbar Lebnani ya akhi.
ayya akhbar? ma btsma3 shi 3an al iman aw 3an mou3jizet 3al akbar, ma btsma3 illa essas siasiyeh ou ijtima3ieh, klla essas bala ta3meh.

I'm speaking to a Syrian friend, who was in Syria at the time.

He didn't hear of it in the media, but he did come across it on the web. I shall continue my questioning.

If it was signed by Patriarch Ignatius, then the clergy within the Antiochian Church would obviously know about it.
please let me know if there is a lebanese site that posted the story.

Tags: miracles 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: