OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 23, 2014, 08:42:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Ideas  (Read 4587 times) Average Rating: 0
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« on: May 31, 2005, 01:43:12 AM »

Dear friends,

Lately I have been thinking upon and praying about issues that are both sincere and close to my heart.  After persuing many of the posts written here on the forum, I have realized how corrupted and dilluted Orthodoxy has become.  True Orthodoxy in America is a rare gem and only found in a small circle of true believers.

The great evils of ecumenism have swept into many who believe themselves to be a part of the Orthodox church.  So many evils and concessions have been made in the name of politically correct ecumenism and reunion.  The SCOBA entity has deliberately sought to undermine the very essence of the True Orthodox Church and mandated such grand heresies such as reception of converts by chrismation and confession, along with the recognition of monophysite churches as "Oriental Orthodox." What a horrible misnomer. Our Lord would be sad.

Furthermore, I am distressed at the state of the SCOBA churches, especially the OCA and ROCOR who so seek themselves to be a part of the satanic MP.  Such horrors and atrocities have been and are being commited in the name of ecumenism and equality.

I believe that only Baptism by a true high priest of God is actually Baptism. It is sad to see all of these folk who pretend to be clergy.

I have sought the counsel of Archbishop Gregory, and while many here defame him, he is providing me with exceptional spiritual guidance.  I have hopes to fly out to Dormition Skete monastery in hopes to be baptized in the waters of true baptism by the only true bishop in america.

I ask for your prayers even though I am unsure if God even listens to prayers of the unwashed heretics.
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 02:27:14 AM »

Dear Caiaphas,

along with the recognition of monophysite churches as "Oriental Orthodox." What a horrible misnomer. Our Lord would be sad.

What saddens the Lord is those who lie and bear false witness against members of His Bride; falsely charging and accusing them of that which they are not nor were ever guilty of, as the Jews of the Sanhedrin did against the Bridegroom. Every time you label us monophysites and deny our Orthodoxy in spite of the repeated God-given-and-preserved evidence shoved in your face proving the contrary, you become an enemy of God. The Lord Hates liars; do not be hated of God.

I will not leave ONE thread in this forum pass, without its lies being exposed, regardless of its intent, purpose or nature. I am no Peter Farrington, I will have no patience with those who seek to distort the truth; consider me the OO Linus, the only difference being I have the reason and facts to support my claims.

If you don’t like it RobGǪ.ban me mate - because I will not compromise my position.

I ask for your prayers even though I am unsure if God even listens to prayers of the unwashed heretics.

The Lord Christ listens to the prayers of all those who earnestly seek His face with a humble, pure and honest heart; he does not however hear the prayers of a liar, for as the Lord said - liars have one father alone, and he is the father of liars.

I said I wouldn’t come back on this forum for the next 3-4 weeks, but my friend recently pointed this thread out to me in conversation. I thought I would quickly leave my mark here first, before I come back after my exams to thoroughly deal with any responses.

I repeat; if you don’t like itGǪGǪGǪ..ban me.

Peace.

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
prodromos
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 06:47:27 AM »

Knowing Cap'n Bobby's past exploits, I think it is reasonable to say that he is not being serious.
choirfiend
ManIsChristian=iRnotgrEek.
High Elder

Rachael weeping for her children, for they are not

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 07:29:21 AM »

Yup, complete bullhockey. But isn't it fun to read, all put together, what so many idiots on the web think?

Qui cantat, bis orat
TomS
Banned
Archon

Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 08:44:09 AM »

Truly, the names in The Book of Life are few. Possibly, from what I have heard, down to less than a dozen.

Our wise Robert has made a good choice! Sophia!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 09:15:00 AM by TomS » Logged
Augustine
High Elder

pray for me, please

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 09:13:24 AM »

EA,

Robbie's just being...well, Robbie.  He goofs on us like this every once in awhile. Smiley

ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2005, 09:24:41 AM »

The Lord Hates liars; do not be hated of God.....I will not leave ONE thread in this forum pass, without its lies being exposed, regardless of its intent, purpose or nature....... I will have no patience with those who seek to distort the truth; consider me the OO Linus, the only difference being I have the reason and facts to support my claims....If you don’t like it RobGǪ.ban me mate - because I will not compromise my position.....The Lord Christ listens to the prayers of all those who earnestly seek His face with a humble, pure and honest heart; he does not however hear the prayers of a liar, for as the Lord said - liars have one father alone, and he is the father of liars.

Hey, cool down EA! You know who you are starting to sound uncannily like? Remember Mr. Deedat?
"I will not take u lies...blah blah blah...you lying kaffir...blah blah blah..."?

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2005, 10:31:23 AM »

Forgive me ozgeorge...

...your analogy is justified in one sense, in that maybe I got a bit too emotional, hostile and accusatory (I guess I have been reading a bit too much 14th century polemical Islamic prose?) - I will not deny this. But in contrast to Mr Deedat, I was not just senselessly and blindly screaming out “liar liar” as a result of some insecurity and denial to face the musicGǪfor it has been shown and proven (not only by myself, but many others) over and over again on this forum, that the application of such a degrading and offensive title to my Church is as dishonest as if I were to call you a Nestorian. Why are not people content with the testimony of my Church throughout the ages concerning her doctrinal stance, why do they need to invent their own heresies to keep falsely ascribing to herGǪ?

I’m a filthy sinner, and I have fallen into many sins which are no better or worse than the sin of dishonesty; but seriously, how hard can it be for people to stop spreading this monophysite garbage? Why are people finding it so tempting to persist in bearing such false witness against the Oriental Orthodox Church?

In any event, others obviously have issues with other aspects of Roberts post, and managed to not blow their fuses like I did.

2 minutes after I posted my response, my father of confession dropped by my house to collect something my father had done for the Church. He saw I was a bit disappointed, and I explained to him how my participation in this forum has been ticking me off, and how it has consequently ticked off a lot of other people as well. I quickly showed him the response I made to Robert, and he pointed out my blatant hypocrisy in making an analogy of the situation to the Sanhedrin’s accusations against Jesus, when unlike Jesus, I failed to take the persecution and slander with patience, humility, gentleness, calmness, and love. He said that if I am unable to appropriately and with love, take the spit in my face, and the strike on my cheek in a Christian manner then I should avoid temptation and quit this forum for good.

He is absolutely right; I have not been true to my practical Christianity, nor have I been faithful as a Copt; as a member of a Church which has, in the name of Christ, been long-suffering through all forms of persecution. If I cannot self-discipline myself within the next month, such that I am capable of defending the truth in a befitting manner, I will ask the administrators to ban me (as opposed to challenging them to) as an extreme measure to avoid this temptation on here.

Okay, I’m officially doneGǪ.I said I would leave how many times now? (I’ve lost countGǪ)

Peace.

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
SetFree
King of Kings

Faith: Oriental Orthodox (Catechumen)
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church

Christ, Our God, To Earth Descendeth...

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2005, 10:50:52 AM »

Hey Rob,
   Nice satire.  It's not as good as the whole "Tried Fire Baptist Pentecostal" thing with the Icon of MLK.  This one was funny as well.  It is totally indicative of the thoughts of many on this forum and in other places.  LOL...keep the satire coming.  This "monophysite" loves it.

At His Feet The Six-Winged Seraph, Cherubim, With Sleepless Eye, Veil Their Faces To His Presence As With Ceasless Voice They Cry:ÂÂ  Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!ÂÂ  Lord Most High! --From the Liturgy of St. James (Translated by Gerard Moultrie)
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2005, 10:26:42 PM »

But in contrast to Mr Deedat, I was not just senselessly and blindly screaming out “liar liar” as a result of some insecurity and denial to face the musicGǪ

EA,
I think that if you take a step back, and give it a few days, you will see that Robert was not presenting any music for you to face. If we all took Robert's satirical post seriously, we would all be offended since it accuses every juristiction except Archbishop Gregory's of "unorthodoxy" and "heresy".....I guess you need to know a little about the history of the Achbp. Gregory saga to understand the satire.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
EkhristosAnesti
Archon

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2005, 02:39:53 AM »

Yes, I realize now that I missed the satirical element in Roberts post (I didn’t quite understand what those who posted after me meant when they said that he shouldn’t be taken seriously; whether that was with regards to his intentions or just his position in general). I don’t know Robert, nor do I know the history behind the figure he mentioned. I guess I’ve just been acquainted with so many who have ridiculously extreme views when it comes to who qualifies as a heretic vs. heterodox vs. Orthodox or what not, that I just took Robert at face value, as some extremist who just came fresh off some orthodox.mis-info.com type propaganda.

Robert, my badGǪsorry if I wrecked the joke, but I had not way of interpreting it as such.

Peace.

Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Nazarenes

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2005, 09:47:01 AM »

Yup, complete bullhockey. But isn't it fun to read, all put together, what so many idiots on the web think?

Yes, it was fun...but if you only knew.  Tongue

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2005, 11:20:53 AM »

EA,

Robert is our administrator in charge of software development, etc.  As such, he often sports a type of humor that goes above many of our heads Wink

Anastasios

Met. Demetrius's Enthronement

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching.

I served as an Orthodox priest from June 2008 to April 2013, before resigning for personal reasons
Sabbas
Drink from your own wells
High Elder

St. Glicherie True Orthodox Church of Romania

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2005, 11:54:21 PM »

That last line was great!

Sadly there are some who truly believe that Archbishop Gregory is one among a handful in the entire world who have maintained the purity of Orthodoxy. Just visit Vladyka Gregory's website http://www.roacamerica.org/announcements.html

www.hungersite.com  Ãƒâ€šÃ‚  www.freedonation.com you can donate up to 20 times at freedonation.  http://www.pomog.org/ has online 1851 Sir Lancelot C.L. Brenton English translation of Septuagint.http://www.cnrs.ubc.ca/greekbible/ Original Koine Septuagint and New Testament.
TomS
Banned
Archon

Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2005, 12:47:19 PM »

Well, he wasn't kidding about the "unwashed" part.
ExOrienteLux
Waning: Spoilers

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2005, 01:24:47 PM »

Well, he wasn't kidding about the "unwashed" part.

Seriously.  It's been a couple days since I took a shower.  I'm a little rank right now.  But, hey, it keeps the wacko nutjob cultists (aka Mormons, SDA's, & JH's) away.

Arise, O God! Judge the earth, for to Thee belong all the nations!
aurelia
High Elder

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2005, 08:52:30 AM »

Well I'm glad I read the rest of the posts, i was gong to blast him for how dare you say grand heresy of conversion by crismation and so on and so forth (little touch sensitive on that isuue, LOL!)

lol.  *you freaked me out Bob!*

Aurelia
Steve Dennehy

Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2006, 06:30:31 PM »

Dear friends,

Lately I have been thinking upon and praying about issues that are both sincere and close to my heart.  After persuing many of the posts written here on the forum, I have realized how corrupted and dilluted Orthodoxy has become.  True Orthodoxy in America is a rare gem and only found in a small circle of true believers.

The great evils of ecumenism have swept into many who believe themselves to be a part of the Orthodox church.  So many evils and concessions have been made in the name of politically correct ecumenism and reunion.  The SCOBA entity has deliberately sought to undermine the very essence of the True Orthodox Church and mandated such grand heresies such as reception of converts by chrismation and confession, along with the recognition of monophysite churches as "Oriental Orthodox." What a horrible misnomer. Our Lord would be sad.

Furthermore, I am distressed at the state of the SCOBA churches, especially the OCA and ROCOR who so seek themselves to be a part of the satanic MP.  Such horrors and atrocities have been and are being commited in the name of ecumenism and equality.

I believe that only Baptism by a true high priest of God is actually Baptism. It is sad to see all of these folk who pretend to be clergy.

I have sought the counsel of Archbishop Gregory, and while many here defame him, he is providing me with exceptional spiritual guidance.  I have hopes to fly out to Dormition Skete monastery in hopes to be baptized in the waters of true baptism by the only true bishop in america.

Robert,

As a  member of the OCA I find your comments pretty insulting.

What is the essence of Christianity ?  It is Divine Love Himself ,Who created us in His image, becoming one of us and allowing us to torture and murder Him to save us from our evil (our hatred of Love Himself and each other) in order to share His Divine Life, Love and Joy with us forever , if we choose.  Love of Love (God) and neighbor (that's everyone, by the way--Orthodox Christian, non-Orthodox Christian, non -Christians, even enemies) is the essential .
" This is My commandment: Love one another as I love you."-Lord Jesus Christ (Gospel of St. John the Beloved Apostle 15:12)  That's an ORDER from God.

(" If anyone says ' My love is fixed on God', yet hates his [ "unwashed heretic"] brother, he is a liar-St. John the Beloved Apostle  1 John4:20)

I think you need to focus on Our Lord Jeus Christ and READ tHE GOSPELS--a chapter a day ,as well as the Epistles, Acts and Revelations--a chapter a day.  You know you don't mention Lord Jesus once in your post.  That shows a wrong focus--He is to be the focus.

Don't get caught up in being "purer than all"; that's spiritual pride and very dangerous.

Steve

Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the South

St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2006, 07:49:37 PM »

Robert,

As a  member of the OCA I find your comments pretty insulting.

What is the essence of Christianity ?  It is Divine Love Himself ,Who created us in His image, becoming one of us and allowing us to torture and murder Him to save us from our evil (our hatred of Love Himself and each other) in order to share His Divine Life, Love and Joy with us forever , if we choose.  Love of Love (God) and neighbor (that's everyone, by the way--Orthodox Christian, non-Orthodox Christian, non -Christians, even enemies) is the essential .
" This is My commandment: Love one another as I love you."-Lord Jesus Christ (Gospel of St. John the Beloved Apostle 15:12)  That's an ORDER from God.

(" If anyone says ' My love is fixed on God', yet hates his [ "unwashed heretic"] brother, he is a liar-St. John the Beloved Apostle  1 John4:20)

I think you need to focus on Our Lord Jeus Christ and READ tHE GOSPELS--a chapter a day ,as well as the Epistles, Acts and Revelations--a chapter a day.  You know you don't mention Lord Jesus once in your post.  That shows a wrong focus--He is to be the focus.

Don't get caught up in being "purer than all"; that's spiritual pride and very dangerous.

Steve

Did ya miss the page and a half of comments about how Robert was satirizing the ultradox point of view? Wink

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
Steve Dennehy

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2006, 08:18:12 PM »

Did ya miss the page and a half of comments about how Robert was satirizing the ultradox point of view? Wink

If that's true, what was the point ?  I've read many post on this site with that same mentality and   meant very seriously.  True satire is a ) obvious and b). funny. This was neither.  So is Robert  being satirical or is he tring to make fools of people ?  Not the same thing at all.
Elisha
Protokentarchos

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2006, 08:24:54 PM »

If that's true, what was the point ?  I've read many post on this site with that same mentality and   meant very seriously.  True satire is a ) obvious and b). funny. This was neither.  So is Robert  being satirical or is he tring to make fools of people ?  Not the same thing at all.

Please re-set your sarcasm meter from a '3' to an '8'.  Thank you.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2006, 08:31:11 PM »

1) It was obvious to anyone who has been on the site for some time and knows Robert
2) It was hilarious to me
3) He posted that over a year ago!!

Met. Demetrius's Enthronement

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching.

I served as an Orthodox priest from June 2008 to April 2013, before resigning for personal reasons
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2006, 08:33:18 PM »

1) It was obvious to anyone who has been on the site for some time and knows Robert
2) It was hilarious to me
3) He posted that over a year ago!!

Wisdom!

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
Steve Dennehy

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2006, 09:09:05 PM »

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess all of you in on the "joke" (I'll be kind) are in your 20's, maybe early 30's.  Except of course for Robert- I checked his profile-- a remarkably well-preserved 184.  It's not a criticism but bright  kids your age tend to be a little frivolous , self-involved, a little callous towards others and like to feel superior to others (admit it).
People in my age range (I'm 52) don't have that luxury.  We may have been like that when we were your age but have experienced too much since.  This will make sense to you in 25 years, it won't now.

In the future, if you're going make a stab at humor, make sure it's actually funny and broad enough that anyone with a sense of humor can appreciate it,
not just your little inner circle.
Steve

Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2006, 09:31:47 PM »

Hey Steve,
I'm 56, remember the post above and laughed my b*tt off reading it. It was funny given the general posts of that particular period..."you'd have to have been there".

But I somewhat agree on the generational disconnect.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2006, 09:33:37 PM »

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess all of you in on the "joke" (I'll be kind) are in your 20's, maybe early 30's.  Except of course for Robert- I checked his profile-- a remarkably well-preserved 184.  It's not a criticism but bright  kids your age tend to be a little frivolous , self-involved, a little callous towards others and like to feel superior to others (admit it).
People in my age range (I'm 52) don't have that luxury.  We may have been like that when we were your age but have experienced too much since.  This will make sense to you in 25 years, it won't now.

My, aren't we in a judgmental mood tonight?  Mind if you let us in on the secret to getting the plank out of your own eye?

Steve Dennehy

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2006, 09:36:21 PM »

My, aren't we in a judgmental mood tonight?  Mind if you let us in on the secret to getting the plank out of your own eye?

I rest my case.
dantxny
OC.net Mineshaft gap
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Russian

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2006, 10:16:03 PM »

There's also quite a few wise young men I have met.  That said, I know a couple of fifty year olds who are some of the most frivilous people that I have met.  I also have met some wise men at the age of 50.  Thank goodness wisdom isn't directly tied to one's age  . . . and sense of humour. 
That said, if you enjoy satire, Robert's post was actually quite funny.

"If you give the average Frenchman a choice between a reforming president who would plug the country's huge deficit and a good cheese, he would probably opt for the cheese." - Stephen Clarke
I think the French may be on to something here.
BrotherAidan
OC.net guru

OC.net

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2006, 11:03:00 PM »

Everyone please just chill!
Repeat after me: this isn't real; this isn't real; it's just e-church; it has nothing to do with your parish, your priest, your spiritual father or friends and family - ie. that which is real.
Admit it, we mostly come here for diversion and to be entertianed.
Robert tried; he succeeded for many and upset some.
Go on to the next thread!
Psalti Boy
High Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Don't need one

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2006, 01:31:28 AM »

Steve,
First let me say that I'm a little older than you, but still feel like I fit in with the "kids" on this forum.  I have found that if I jump into a topic toward the end of the conversation, I can sometimes get the wrong impression of what was said.  So I start at the beginning of the thread, even though it takes a little longer, it keeps me from going off for no reason.
PB

« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 01:35:06 AM by Psalti Boy » Logged
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: