OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 20, 2014, 06:55:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coptic Orthodox problems?  (Read 1155 times) Average Rating: 0
PrinceMarko

« on: May 30, 2005, 09:23:44 PM »

I have heard... That the coptic orthodox in egypt are harassed by muslims... to the point where they rape orthodox girls.  Any coptic in here to shed light on such atrocities?
SetFree
King of Kings

Faith: Oriental Orthodox (Catechumen)
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church

Christ, Our God, To Earth Descendeth...

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 10:18:00 PM »

Voice of the Martyrs (an Evangelical Group) corroborates this.  I have read reports of girls being taken from homes and forced into marriage to muslim men.  There are also occassional killings by radical islamic fundamentalists.  The Egyptian Church still suffers heavy persecution.  Often, it is hard for Christians to find jobs.  Despite all of that, by the Grace of God, the Holy Coptic Orthodox Church survives and is strong.  Monasticism is in a renaissance (so to speak) after the efforts of blessed H.H. Pope St. Kyrillos and is continuing under H.H. Pope Shenouda III.  If you want to read about this, I recommend visiting Voice of the Martyrs.  Others here may be able to direct you to other sites which could help with your question.  Like I said, the situation, while better than in previous centuries, is still not good.  It is still very dangerous to be a Christian in Egypt.  Heck, it is dangerous to be one here.  Look at what happened to the Arminious family.  It is awful.

At His Feet The Six-Winged Seraph, Cherubim, With Sleepless Eye, Veil Their Faces To His Presence As With Ceasless Voice They Cry:ÂÂ  Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!ÂÂ  Lord Most High! --From the Liturgy of St. James (Translated by Gerard Moultrie)
SaintShenouti

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 04:24:15 PM »

Sadly, it is true, and SetFree is correct.  But we trust in the Lord always.
djrak

"Do not put out the Spirit's fire" - 1 Thess 5:19

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 08:47:45 AM »

I admire the Coptic Church for its perseverence in faith. In a country such as Egypt they dont only manage to keep their faith but expand all over the world and bring many foreigners to the Orthodox faith. They are a great example to follow for all Orthodox churches worldwide. May God grant many long years of service.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 08:49:14 AM by djrak » Logged

"Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father" - John 14:9
year2027
Banned

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 10:43:12 PM »

God first

Beloved PrinceMarko

God bless your heart

All I can do here is pray

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

NULL
Tags: Coptic Orthodox Church persecution Islam