OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 29, 2014, 01:08:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 552 Anniversary of Fall of Constantinople  (Read 1243 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« on: May 29, 2005, 12:10:44 PM »

Today marks the 552nd anniversary of the Turkish capture of Constantinople.

Lord, have mercy.

Anastasios

Met. Demetrius's Enthronement

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching.

I served as an Orthodox priest from June 2008 to April 2013, before resigning for personal reasons
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 01:22:13 PM »

Julian calendar?  Huh

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 10:25:42 PM »

Yes, Lord have mercy on us all. Like with other things, calamities such as the Fall happen so that we can grow in our faith and relationship with the Lord.

Someday, someday... the Lord will see that for our own benefit we will no longer need to have Constantinople in the hands of the Turk. Then, He shall cause the Queen of Cities to again be free. What a marvelous day that will be, when we can finish that suspended Liturgy in Hagia Sophia...

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
SetFree
King of Kings

Faith: Oriental Orthodox (Catechumen)
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church

Christ, Our God, To Earth Descendeth...

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 10:32:25 PM »

Lord have mercy.  All of the ancient Patriarchates are no longer in Christian nations.  Constantinople, I lament your fall.  I pray with you, my EO brothers and sisters, that the Liturgy might be celebrated once more in the Hagia Sophia.  Lord have mercy.

At His Feet The Six-Winged Seraph, Cherubim, With Sleepless Eye, Veil Their Faces To His Presence As With Ceasless Voice They Cry:ÂÂ  Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!ÂÂ  Lord Most High! --From the Liturgy of St. James (Translated by Gerard Moultrie)
Jennifer
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 10:35:08 PM »

Lord have mercy. All of the ancient Patriarchates are no longer in Christian nations. Constantinople, I lament your fall. I pray with you, my EO brothers and sisters, that the Liturgy might be celebrated once more in the Hagia Sophia. Lord have mercy.

Rome is still Christian...kinda.  It's not Muslim...yet. 

Ntinos
Σαλός
Elder

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 03:35:13 PM »

The time is coming closer.

beewolf

In Thy Light we see Light

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 06:12:09 AM »

Yes, Lord have mercy on us all. Like with other things, calamities such as the Fall happen so that we can grow in our faith and relationship with the Lord.

Someday, someday... the Lord will see that for our own benefit we will no longer need to have Constantinople in the hands of the Turk. Then, He shall cause the Queen of Cities to again be free. What a marvelous day that will be, when we can finish that suspended Liturgy in Hagia Sophia...

O' Lord what a beautiful thought, how these words stir my heart and bring the tears stinging to my eyes - may i say Amen and Amen to this!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 06:13:09 AM by beewolf » Logged

Gospodi pomiluy
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: