Author Topic: 552 Anniversary of Fall of Constantinople  (Read 1417 times)

Offline Anastasios

• Webdespota
  • Administrator
  • Merarches
  • Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina
    • AnastasiosHudson.com
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist
552 Anniversary of Fall of Constantinople
« on: May 29, 2005, 12:10:44 PM »
Today marks the 552nd anniversary of the Turkish capture of Constantinople.

Lord, have mercy.

Anastasios
Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism and may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.

Offline Αριστοκλής

• Merarches
Re: 552 Anniversary of Fall of Constantinople
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 01:22:13 PM »
Julian calendar?  ???
"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides

Offline FrChris

• The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
  • Site Supporter
  • Taxiarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 10:25:42 PM »
Yes, Lord have mercy on us all. Like with other things, calamities such as the Fall happen so that we can grow in our faith and relationship with the Lord.

Someday, someday... the Lord will see that for our own benefit we will no longer need to have Constantinople in the hands of the Turk. Then, He shall cause the Queen of Cities to again be free. What a marvelous day that will be, when we can finish that suspended Liturgy in Hagia Sophia...
"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus

Offline SetFree

• King of Kings
  • Christ, Our God, To Earth Descendeth...
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 10:32:25 PM »
Lord have mercy.  All of the ancient Patriarchates are no longer in Christian nations.  Constantinople, I lament your fall.  I pray with you, my EO brothers and sisters, that the Liturgy might be celebrated once more in the Hagia Sophia.  Lord have mercy.
At His Feet The Six-Winged Seraph, Cherubim, With Sleepless Eye, Veil Their Faces To His Presence As With Ceasless Voice They Cry:ÂÂ  Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!ÂÂ  Lord Most High! --From the Liturgy of St. James (Translated by Gerard Moultrie)

Offline Jennifer

• OC.net guru
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 10:35:08 PM »
Lord have mercy. All of the ancient Patriarchates are no longer in Christian nations. Constantinople, I lament your fall. I pray with you, my EO brothers and sisters, that the Liturgy might be celebrated once more in the Hagia Sophia. Lord have mercy.

Rome is still Christian...kinda.  It's not Muslim...yet. 

Offline Ntinos

• Σαλός
  • Elder
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 03:35:13 PM »
The time is coming closer.

Offline beewolf

• In Thy Light we see Light
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 06:12:09 AM »
Yes, Lord have mercy on us all. Like with other things, calamities such as the Fall happen so that we can grow in our faith and relationship with the Lord.

Someday, someday... the Lord will see that for our own benefit we will no longer need to have Constantinople in the hands of the Turk. Then, He shall cause the Queen of Cities to again be free. What a marvelous day that will be, when we can finish that suspended Liturgy in Hagia Sophia...

O' Lord what a beautiful thought, how these words stir my heart and bring the tears stinging to my eyes - may i say Amen and Amen to this!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 06:13:09 AM by beewolf »
Gospodi pomiluy