OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 20, 2014, 10:48:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Patriarch of Jerusalem  (Read 1785 times) Average Rating: 0
Mo the Ethio
Proud Capitalist
Elder

Faith: Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

« on: May 25, 2005, 07:01:43 PM »

Can someone please explain what is the current situation with the Patriarch of Jerusalem.

In Christ, Moses
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 07:03:17 PM by Mo the Ethio » Logged

"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names."
- John F. Kennedy (1917-1963)
Mo the Ethio
Proud Capitalist
Elder

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 05:58:01 PM »

ANYONE?

Elisha
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 06:28:10 PM »

There ARE other threads here for you to read.  We don't have web cams following him around or stationed at the Phanar.  You'll just have to be patient.  Sorry.
Mo the Ethio
Proud Capitalist
Elder

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 10:37:42 PM »

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!! 

Justionios

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2005, 11:15:35 AM »

Irinios is the last Orthodox patriate,
 The acuse him for have sold land,
The land were allready used by Jews , I don't think that he could choose to keep the land or to "rent it".

I belive that his choice was to loose the land for ever or to write on 180 years rentagreement.

Bartholemew have tried for more than 10 yeas to take control of Jerusalem. He have now left his attacks on the Greek church and he is attacking Jerusalem again after som years of status quo. Let see whom will become the next victim after Irinieos, I have noticed that Bortholemew is actually crossing his enemys, for example look what happend to the Greek church when they tried to go against Bartholemew, at this momenet its Jerusalem that is beeing hit, of course Bartholemew have planed this years back , there is actually evidence of Bartholemew meeting high Rabins

Let us pray for Jerusalem , and orthodoxy,

Especially for Jerusalem though it is written as long that the ethnics are in Jerusalem the antichrist can not come.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2005, 05:10:36 AM by Justionios » Logged

ΧΑΙΡΕ ΑΝΟΡΘΡΩΣΕΙΣ ΤΩΝ ΑΝΘΡΩΠΩΝ , ΧΑΙΡΕ Κ
Ecumenical

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2005, 11:55:38 AM »

Unfortunately  Eirinieos is on his way out and thats very sad. He is alleged of doing all wrong but if you see behind the scenes he has been crucified because of others wanted to get controll of Jerusalem.

How is sad is this everybody turned their backs on him i think its just on Metropolit supporting him.
He called Monofisits and Coptes as heretics and he refused to have anything to do with the Pope and the catholics.Maybe he was a problem for the ecumenicality and the plans of Bartholomew.

GOD Show us the right way to resolve this problem.

Justionios

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2005, 05:07:28 AM »

Only the TV and the TV-lovers is turning their back to him , there is still a great phallang supporting him.

Jerusalem is divided into at least two big group, the old callenderis and the new callenderies , I think and only think that the most oldcallenderies in Jerusalem supports Irineos.

With support I mean that they rather see Irineos as Patriarch then someone of the Bartholemian crew.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2005, 05:09:22 AM by Justionios » Logged

Justionios

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2005, 05:14:42 AM »

I have wonder what will happend if a monophysit-uniate person becmomes Patriariarch of Jerusalem .

I think that it will be dissastouros ,

1. Would we still get the holylight ?
2. The most orthodox would revolt , and we would have schism even in Jeruslem, Of course the new Patriarch would have law on his hand and the rebbels would be sent to yale.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2005, 05:15:22 AM by Justionios » Logged

eleni

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2005, 05:31:41 AM »

We are living in terrible times.....if we chose to close our eyes and ignore what is truly happening then we are not true Orthodox Christians!
I agree with Justionios....

The Antichrist will come at a time where the truth is distorted and ready for him.

Because of so much diheavel in the world......from war to earthquakes and natural disasters all over the world ,people will begin to ask if there is truly a God .....this is when the Antichrist and his forerunners will go out into the world and deceive ''even the elect'' ....for as Orthododx Christians we must pray and ask our Orthodox Saints and the Theotokos for our prayers to be heard..

Whether people beleive this or not ...it is written and told by many pious people and Saints that have lived a prayerful life with much fasting and tears of true repentance.....why must we be silent to what the times and the signs are....
quote///"Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God that in due time he may exalt you.  Cast all your anxieties on him, for he cares about you.  Be sober, be watchful.  Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.  Resist him, firm in your faith." (In the 1st Holy Epistle of the Apostle Peter 5:6-9).

Here the Holy Apostle Peter urges us to humble ourselves beneath the strong hand of God, so that he can lift us up in the appropriate time -- urging us to not be concerned for earthly things, but to throw the care of our lives onto God, Who is our provider.

We are currently living in Apocalyptic times!

What can we ourselves do to avoid Apostasy?  "Get to know it, protect yourself from it and that is enough for you.  Get to know the spirit of the times, study it so that you can avoid its influence whenever possible", wrote the humble Bishop Igantius.

If someone is teaching you outside of the things which the holy catholic Church received from the Holy Apostles, Fathers and Synods and preserved up till now, do not listen to him..., close your ears." (St. John Damascene)

"The Church of Christ is not comprised of the many, but of those who keep the correct and saving confession of faith, even if they are few"  (St. Theodore Studite)

"And in the latter times of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up." (Daniel 8:23)

"Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders...."  (2 Thessalonians 2:9)

http://www.serfes.org/orthodox/theantichrist.htm

Christ tells the Pharisees and Sadducees who came to Him, "Ye can discern the face of the sky," that is, tell what the weather will be; "but can ye not discern the signs of the times?"  In other words, He's telling them that this has nothing to do with science, or with knowing our place in the world, or anything of the sort.  It's a religious question.  We study the signs of the times in order to be able to recognize Christ.
    During the time of Christ, the Pharisees and Sadducees did not study the signs of the times in order to see that Christ had come, that the Son of God was already on earth.
 There were already signs that they should have recognized.
 For example, in the book of Daniel in the Old Testament, there is a prophecy concerning the seventy weeks of years, which means that the Messiah was to come about 490 years from the time of Daniel.
  Those Jews who read their books very carefully knew exactly what this was all about, and at about the time that Christ came they knew that it was time for the messiah.

I.X
helen
Lord have mercy on us sinners.

A Prudent man foresees evil and hides himself;
The simple pass on and are punished.
-Proverbs27:12-
SetFree
King of Kings

Faith: Oriental Orthodox (Catechumen)
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church

Christ, Our God, To Earth Descendeth...

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2005, 09:10:02 AM »

Justionios,
   Your fear is unfounded.  No Oriental Orthodox (we are not monophysite) would be Greek Patriarch of Jerusalem.  Only an Eastern Orthodox person can fill that role.  No Eastern Catholic would be Greek Patriarch of Jerusalem, only an Eastern Orthodox person can fill that role.  The Oriental Orthodox have their own Patriarchs, Bishops, Presbyters, etc.  Don't try to demonize us by fearing some "monophysite" takeover.  It won't happen.  This problem with Irenaios is an Eastern Orthodox thing, don't bring the Oriental Church into it.  If Constantinople and Jerusalem have a beef, then that is their thing, Alexandria has nothing to do with it.

At His Feet The Six-Winged Seraph, Cherubim, With Sleepless Eye, Veil Their Faces To His Presence As With Ceasless Voice They Cry:ÂÂ  Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!ÂÂ  Lord Most High! --From the Liturgy of St. James (Translated by Gerard Moultrie)
choirfiend
ManIsChristian=iRnotgrEek.
High Elder

Rachael weeping for her children, for they are not

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2005, 09:18:33 AM »

Why do these posters seem to follow each other around, supporting empty claims and encouraging vain beliefs?

Qui cantat, bis orat
SetFree
King of Kings

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2005, 09:22:21 AM »

Choirfiend,
  You're telling me!!!

At His Feet The Six-Winged Seraph, Cherubim, With Sleepless Eye, Veil Their Faces To His Presence As With Ceasless Voice They Cry:ÂÂ  Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!ÂÂ  Lord Most High! --From the Liturgy of St. James (Translated by Gerard Moultrie)
Justionios

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2005, 09:23:59 AM »

SetFree , you have maybe missunderstood me, I did not mention Alexandria as monophysits, it is Bartholemew that har it with the monophysites.

Alexandria had a Patriarch that had blestemied and said that our holly lord is the same as the islams pseudo profet, Yes it is true I can tell in wich news paper it stod. The paper is from the 80's or begining of 90's I think.

I think that this this is signs of times.
 If I remeber right Apostel Paul said that the Appostasy will begin when the Jews creates a country again.

The ones that now do understand !!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2005, 09:25:09 AM by Justionios » Logged

SetFree
King of Kings

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2005, 09:28:54 AM »

Justionios,
  All the same, but the Coptic Patriarch is Patriarch of Alexandria (not the same as Greek Patriarch of Alexandria).  You expressed fear that the "monophysites" would take over the Greek Patriarchate or Jerusalem.  I am telling you that wont happen.  I will say it again if Constantinople (Eastern Orthodox)  and Jerusalem (Eastern Orthodox) have problems, leave Alexandria (Oriental Orthodox) out of it.  That is an Eastern Orthodox problem, not ours.

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: