OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 20, 2014, 09:08:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orthodox Church in Austria?  (Read 2353 times) Average Rating: 0
QuoVadis

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« on: May 24, 2005, 10:11:07 PM »

Hi folks,

Just a quick question - has anyone ever been to an Orthodox Church in Austria - preferably around Salzburg, Austria?  I will be travelling over there in a couple of weeks, and would like to go to church while I'm there for two weeks.  I  think there is an ROCOR there, and I have the contact details, but I didn't know if it is still opened etc.

Thanks.
Katherine

"Without sorrows there is no salvation. On the other hand, the Kingdom of God awaits those who have patiently endured. And all the glory of the world is nothing in comparison." - St Seraphim of Sarov
choirfiend
ManIsChristian=iRnotgrEek.
High Elder

Rachael weeping for her children, for they are not

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 10:31:39 PM »

My roomate sang in the opera there last summer. She said there is a church located directly behind the Christian-Doppler Gymnasium which is next to the Salzach River. She said the priest would come once a month and that it was all in Russian, but that's all she knew.
There is also evidently a Serbian church, though there are no further details.

Hope that helps!

Qui cantat, bis orat
Justinian

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 03:12:09 PM »

Actually there is a couple ROCOR parishes there. http://www.directory.sjkp.org/parishes.php?PHPSESSID=278d1642e937c793fe597370a8ab8cdf&country=AUSTRIA&submitButtonName=Go

"All this indignation have I hurled, At the pretending part of the proud world. Who, swollen with selfish vanity devise: false freedoms, holy cheats, and formal lies, Over their fellow slaves to tyrannize." - John Wilmot
Sabbas
Drink from your own wells
High Elder

St. Glicherie True Orthodox Church of Romania

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 11:03:22 PM »

There are two G.S.R. churches http://www.synodinresistance.gr/Dioikisi_en/Austriaen.html

www.hungersite.com  Ãƒâ€šÃ‚  www.freedonation.com you can donate up to 20 times at freedonation.  http://www.pomog.org/ has online 1851 Sir Lancelot C.L. Brenton English translation of Septuagint.http://www.cnrs.ubc.ca/greekbible/ Original Koine Septuagint and New Testament.
SetFree
King of Kings

Faith: Oriental Orthodox (Catechumen)
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church

Christ, Our God, To Earth Descendeth...

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005, 10:49:23 AM »

Sabbas,
   You tell me that I am being dilletante when I list OO churches as an Orthodox choice, yet you list an Old Calendarist Church.  Now, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but would this church happen to be in communion with the Constantinople Patriarchate or any canonical Orthodox Patriarchate???  Or is this one of those True Church of Greece things???  If it is, they are schismatic and, thus, not exactly Orthodox in the strictest sense of the word, just like us who choose OO. Evil

At His Feet The Six-Winged Seraph, Cherubim, With Sleepless Eye, Veil Their Faces To His Presence As With Ceasless Voice They Cry:ÂÂ  Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!ÂÂ  Lord Most High! --From the Liturgy of St. James (Translated by Gerard Moultrie)
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: