OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 20, 2014, 04:13:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ACC or ONT?  (Read 855 times) Average Rating: 0
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« on: May 22, 2005, 04:40:33 AM »

Which provides a better variety, insight, depth and translation of patristic commentaries for the New Testament books?

I realise that the ACC have a separate book for each New Testament book, but I have no idea regarding the depth of insight provided, the reliability of the translations, or the variety of interpretations given - especially considering that the authors are Protestant I would hate it if the focus of the patristic commentaries were biased towards those which prima facie support a Protestant agenda.

If anyone has been acquianted with both these sources, I would appreciate your recommendations and advice.

Peace.

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 04:10:50 AM »

Isn't there anyone who can give me any sort of a comparative analysis? I really want to buy one or the other ASAP; any help as requested above would be much appreciated...

Peace.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 04:11:15 AM by EkhristosAnesti » Logged

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
Landon77
Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA (Antiochian Western Orthodox in exile)

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 08:18:16 AM »

I don't know anything about them, so I Googled them.  The ACC, from what I could tell, is a Menonite Bible.  And I couldn't find anything about an ONT.

"How stands your mighty god? My God is stronger than he."  -St. Boniface
EkhristosAnesti
Archon

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 08:32:15 AM »

ACCS - Ancient Christian Commentary Series
ONT - Orthodox New Testament

They both provide patristic commentaries for the Gospels, but I’d like to purchase the one which best satisfies my above criterion.

Peace.

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: