OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 29, 2014, 01:38:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are there any priests  (Read 1429 times) Average Rating: 0
TruthSeeker

OC.net

« on: May 20, 2005, 01:23:51 PM »

Are there any orthodox priests that visit this board?

NULL
Fr. David
The Poster Formerly Known as "Pedro"
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA, Diocese of the South

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 03:22:54 PM »

There's one on the Spanish board...SiluanD or Fr. Siluan...I know he speaks Russian and Spanish; not sure about English.

Priest in the Orthodox Church in America - ordained on March 18, 2012

Oh Taste and See (my defunct blog)

From Protestant to Orthodox (my conversion story)
Nacho
OC.net guru

Faith: EasternOrthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

The face of Corporate America

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 03:59:47 PM »

This may sound weird but you would think out of the thousands of priest out there that we would get more coming to this board seeing it's probably the most popular place on the net for Orthodox Christians. I don't know what it's like being a priest but I could imagine many of them would really enjoy discussing church issues & theology etc. & this seems like a good place to do that.

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."--Mere Christianity
Donna Rose
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 04:04:39 PM »

Are there any orthodox priests that visit this board?

it's funny because my priest is actually registered but has never posted and never really comes (that i know of) - not because there is anything wrong w/ the board, but because he is far too busy running a parish. i sense this is the case with many, if not most priests.

i noticed you have a lot of questions regarding the faith. my advice is to seek out a priest near you to visit with and to whom you can ask your questions (when i did this it was a huge step for me and clarified many things i was confused about before). if you need help finding a parish near you, there are various websites that have orthodox church parish directories (you can search the old threads for some of the links, but here is the only one i know off the top of my head - www.oca.org). hope this helps Smiley

In Christ,
Donna Mary

hmmmm...
Elisha
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2005, 04:11:25 PM »

His Grace, Bishop Tikhon (of the OCA DoW, SF & LA) hangs out on the Indiana Listserv.  It has a fair amount of traffic, but is a little less friendly than this board and the archaic Listserv environment really discourages use.  It really is not user friendly.  I don't see why they don't upgrade to a phpBB like most others.
CyberSponge
A cybernetic sponge

OC.net

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2005, 10:15:19 PM »

This may sound weird but you would think out of the thousands of priest out there that we would get more coming to this board seeing it's probably the most popular place on the net for Orthodox Christians. I don't know what it's like being a priest but I could imagine many of them would really enjoy discussing church issues & theology etc. & this seems like a good place to do that.

If I were a priest I doubt I'd post on boards.  People would use me in subsitute of a spiritual father or their father confessor.  Plus my advice/opinions may be different than people's own pastors, which could cause problems.
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2005, 10:33:11 PM »

Well, there seem to be a lot of priests posting on Monachos.net.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2005, 10:40:15 PM »

If I were a priest I doubt I'd post on boards. People would use me in subsitute of a spiritual father or their father confessor. Plus my advice/opinions may be different than people's own pastors, which could cause problems.

Very astute observation or opinion. In point of fact, to answer the original question, yes, there are priests who are not only visitors here, but who are also active posters. I suspect you've keyed in on exactly why they choose to remain incognito, so to speak. I know I would remain hidden in the crowd if I were in their place. Fortunately I can just be a normal sinner and post away.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
yBeayf
High Elder

/etc

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2005, 11:06:52 PM »

the Indiana Listserv. [...] is a little less friendly than this board

Ha! That's an understatement to end all understatements...
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: