Author Topic: Girlfriends in 9th grade  (Read 23529 times)

Offline Jonathan Gress

• Taxiarches
Re: Girlfriends in 9th grade
« Reply #135 on: November 08, 2014, 03:28:33 PM »
Are there really rich Ethiopians out there that weren't deeply involved in one of Ethiopia's many shady regimes? For some reason I doubt it.

Well this kid's parents are clearly rich so ...

Offline JamesR

• The Second Coming of Jason
  • Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #136 on: November 08, 2014, 05:03:32 PM »
My parents were high school sweethearts who got married right when they turned 18. And despite all their problems, they're still married today. Don't let anyone tell you that your young relationships are meaningless and will never amount to anything.

Anyway, I dated when I was a Freshman and Sophomore. But it was with the same girl and it was only 3 or 4 times. It was fun but it was kind of pointless in the grand scheme of things.

Many parents don't want their kids dating, although mine are a bit different in that they want me to date and be in a relationship or something. They get mad when I tell them I don't want to get married. I think they just want me to find a woman so I get out of the house more often.

Offline charbelkaleab

• Most High Imperial Prince
  • Elder
  • St John of Shanghai and San Francisco pray for us!
« Reply #137 on: November 08, 2014, 06:33:42 PM »
Are there really rich Ethiopians out there that weren't deeply involved in one of Ethiopia's many shady regimes? For some reason I doubt it.
YES. From being successful. Very big stereotype.

Offline charbelkaleab

• Elder
« Reply #138 on: November 08, 2014, 06:35:10 PM »

Well this kid's parents are clearly rich so ...
*straight face x100000000*
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 06:35:37 PM by charbelkaleab »

Offline Amatorus

• OC.net guru
« Reply #139 on: November 08, 2014, 07:26:53 PM »
I'm 16 and my standards and are foolishly high--I have a vision of "the one" but I seem to change my preferences. I guess I most prize a near-mirror image of me. If I don't have someone, I get lonely and depressed. Funny because I prefer a long-distance relationship at first.

Offline charbelkaleab

• Elder
« Reply #140 on: November 08, 2014, 09:54:40 PM »
I'm 16 and my standards and are foolishly high--I have a vision of "the one" but I seem to change my preferences. I guess I most prize a near-mirror image of me. If I don't have someone, I get lonely and depressed. Funny because I prefer a long-distance relationship at first.
Gotcha!

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #141 on: November 08, 2014, 10:06:51 PM »
There are no "girlfriends" in Orthodoxy. There is only marriage and monasticism. I would ask her parents why they aren't keeping her in complete seclusion until her wedding can be properly arranged by her elders, unless of course she has taken a vow of virginity.
I'm not getting an "arranged marriage", hopefully that was sarcasm.
So your saying there should be no love in marriage?

There is no "sarcasm" in Orthodoxy. Let your yeas be yeas and your nays nays.
YA I'm not marrying a girl a Priest picked for me. That's not true love.

There is no "true love" in Orthodoxy, except true love for Christ.
So you shouldn't love your spouse? That doesn't make sense. Love needs to be made before marriage.

There is no "make sense" in Orthodoxy. There is only unquestioning acceptance of Tradition.
WHAT ARE YOU KIDDING ME. I am pretty sure it doesn't say I CANT FIND THE LOVE OF MY LIFE THAT I WILL BE WITH UNTIL DEATH DO US PART SO.

There is no "love of my life" in Orthodoxy, other than Christ Himself.
WHAT ARE YOU STILL KIDDING ME. YOUR SAYING I SHOULDNT LOVE MY WIFE AND THAT I SHOULDNT NOT WANT TO MAKE HER HAPPY AND GO ON DATES AND GET OLD AND BECOME REALLY CUTE AND BE HAPPY WATCH OUR GRANDCHILDREN ALL STILL, STILL, STILL WHILE CHRIST IS THE ROOT OF OUR LOVE???

You're reading so much into what I said that's not there. Where did I say any of that?

Oh, and while we're on the subject, there are no "dates" in Orthodoxy. Marriages should be arranged by elders who know better, like LBK. I suppose if you want to be really modern, you can have chaperoned meetings between prospective spouses before the marriage, though that should be done with caution so as not to inflame youthful passions.
NO IM NOT MARRYING A RANDOM CHICK. I didnt know that's how the True Orthodox Church did it.

There is no "random" in Orthodoxy. All is governed by Providence and it is a heresy to believe in chance.
This is probably the best conversation I have read in oc.net to date!!!  Jonathan Gress, you are my new hero.  :D :D :D
God bless!

Offline gueranger

• Elder
  • Lord Jesus, have mercy on me. BVM, pray for me.
  • Faith: Roman Catholic
« Reply #142 on: November 08, 2014, 11:14:16 PM »
This thread is hysterical.

I'm 26 and I teach High School. I remember vividly, and witness everyday, what it's like to be 14.

Don't worry about a girlfriend at this stage of life. Have friends who are girls, but forget about sucking face. Because realistically, in High School, that's the only reason you want a girlfriend at this age. And that's just putting yourself into temptation and setting yourself up for heartbreak. Seriously, learn to be friends with girls. That will help you tremendously when it is an appropriate time to date and even get married. Genuine friendship is the most important part of a dating/married relationship.

Take it from me, someone who through no merit of my own, happened to play most of his cards right in life. Study hard. Get a college degree. Learn ballroom dance. Strive to be a perfect gentleman. Get a real job. Sweep a beautiful young woman off her feet.  ;D

Just don't make my mistake and major in any of the liberal arts. You want a job that makes real money!

« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 11:18:25 PM by gueranger »

Offline Amatorus

• OC.net guru
« Reply #143 on: November 08, 2014, 11:37:12 PM »
Gotcha!

Huh?

Offline Agia Marina

• Site Supporter
  • Elder
  • St. Marina of Antioch
    • Holy Cross Monastery
« Reply #144 on: November 08, 2014, 11:57:38 PM »
I will remember :D but kissing is fine I think ?

And if it's not, it can be fixed.

Are those the tool of a dentist or a torturer?

Neither. (I bet Yesh can identify them all. :laugh: )

I'm not a dad, so my train of thought is 'why shoot them, when making them sing soprano is so much more amusing?'
“When I have a little money I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes.” - Erasmus

"God became man so that man might become a god." ~St. Athanasius the Great

Poster formerly known as EVOO.

Offline charbelkaleab

• Elder
« Reply #145 on: November 09, 2014, 08:14:56 AM »
This thread is hysterical.

I'm 26 and I teach High School. I remember vividly, and witness everyday, what it's like to be 14.

Don't worry about a girlfriend at this stage of life. Have friends who are girls, but forget about sucking face. Because realistically, in High School, that's the only reason you want a girlfriend at this age. And that's just putting yourself into temptation and setting yourself up for heartbreak. Seriously, learn to be friends with girls. That will help you tremendously when it is an appropriate time to date and even get married. Genuine friendship is the most important part of a dating/married relationship.

Take it from me, someone who through no merit of my own, happened to play most of his cards right in life. Study hard. Get a college degree. Learn ballroom dance. Strive to be a perfect gentleman. Get a real job. Sweep a beautiful young woman off her feet.  ;D

Just don't make my mistake and major in any of the liberal arts. You want a job that makes real money!

Thank you for the advice! I have no want to be a teacher at all (no offense). I want to get into law and become a lawyer.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 08:15:46 AM by charbelkaleab »

Offline charbelkaleab

• Elder
« Reply #146 on: November 09, 2014, 08:16:24 AM »
Gotcha!

Huh?
Just saying Alright to your post!

Offline charbelkaleab

• Elder
« Reply #147 on: November 09, 2014, 08:17:08 AM »
There are no "girlfriends" in Orthodoxy. There is only marriage and monasticism. I would ask her parents why they aren't keeping her in complete seclusion until her wedding can be properly arranged by her elders, unless of course she has taken a vow of virginity.
I'm not getting an "arranged marriage", hopefully that was sarcasm.
So your saying there should be no love in marriage?

There is no "sarcasm" in Orthodoxy. Let your yeas be yeas and your nays nays.
YA I'm not marrying a girl a Priest picked for me. That's not true love.

There is no "true love" in Orthodoxy, except true love for Christ.
So you shouldn't love your spouse? That doesn't make sense. Love needs to be made before marriage.

There is no "make sense" in Orthodoxy. There is only unquestioning acceptance of Tradition.
WHAT ARE YOU KIDDING ME. I am pretty sure it doesn't say I CANT FIND THE LOVE OF MY LIFE THAT I WILL BE WITH UNTIL DEATH DO US PART SO.

There is no "love of my life" in Orthodoxy, other than Christ Himself.
WHAT ARE YOU STILL KIDDING ME. YOUR SAYING I SHOULDNT LOVE MY WIFE AND THAT I SHOULDNT NOT WANT TO MAKE HER HAPPY AND GO ON DATES AND GET OLD AND BECOME REALLY CUTE AND BE HAPPY WATCH OUR GRANDCHILDREN ALL STILL, STILL, STILL WHILE CHRIST IS THE ROOT OF OUR LOVE???

You're reading so much into what I said that's not there. Where did I say any of that?

Oh, and while we're on the subject, there are no "dates" in Orthodoxy. Marriages should be arranged by elders who know better, like LBK. I suppose if you want to be really modern, you can have chaperoned meetings between prospective spouses before the marriage, though that should be done with caution so as not to inflame youthful passions.
NO IM NOT MARRYING A RANDOM CHICK. I didnt know that's how the True Orthodox Church did it.

There is no "random" in Orthodoxy. All is governed by Providence and it is a heresy to believe in chance.
This is probably the best conversation I have read in oc.net to date!!!  Jonathan Gress, you are my new hero.  :D :D :D
I bet it was hilarious! *straight face x999999999999999999*

Offline charbelkaleab

• Elder
« Reply #148 on: November 09, 2014, 09:59:38 PM »
No replies back??

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of New Jersey
« Reply #149 on: November 09, 2014, 10:02:42 PM »
No replies back??

Seems like whatever needed to be said, was said.  There's no more to add.   :-X

Offline orthonorm

• BANNED for rules violations
  • Hoplitarches
  • Ad Aluminum!
  • Faith: DSM 5
  • Jurisdiction: Apostle to the Church of ASD
« Reply #150 on: November 10, 2014, 01:20:10 AM »
Lol @ Jonathan.

Other than that, you people make the purity ring dads look well adjusted.

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
  • Why am I still here?
  • Faith: New Calendarist
  • Jurisdiction: One, Holy, Ethnic and Disorganized
« Reply #151 on: November 10, 2014, 03:28:31 PM »
As I asked my son concerning this topic. Dude, why do you want to have a girlfriend?

Me: "Can you provide for her?"
Boyperson: "No."
Me: "Are you going to marry her?"
Boyperson: "Probably not...."
Me: "You gonna live together?"
Boyhuman: "No...dad....no."
Me: "So basically, you want a girlfriend so you can suck face and hang all over her and spend less time with your friends.....right?"
Boy: "Dad, thats stupid. Dont call it sucking face........Im not gonna hang all over.....*sigh* forget it.....you're probably right....lets go play Battlefield 4 dad."
Me: "Go find a server...Im getting some water....be there in a sec."

PP

Wait, you had a meaningful and fruitful discussion with your teenage son? How's that possible?
I just need to find out how to say it in Slavonic!

Offline Sean Chaney

• St. Irenaeus
« Reply #152 on: November 10, 2014, 04:23:30 PM »
My parents were together at age 17 (Met on Valentine's Day) and were married by the time they were 19.  The social climate has significantly changed and many people are getting married at a later age.....but the dynamics are the same.  If you have made a connection with someone, which is the will of God, then it does not need to be turned away.  Perhaps it was God's will to place the one you would marry in your life at the right time....but in the 9th Grade....don't be discussing marriage....but rather building up appropriate connections, and seeing it grow accordingly.  If you rush it, it will fall apart. People change throughout their highschool years.  Your devotion will be tested. Use proper discernment, and the Godly approach, as you should at any age, but if there is a connection there...it should be embraced rather than discouraged.

Offline charbelkaleab

• Elder
« Reply #153 on: November 10, 2014, 04:26:02 PM »
My parents were together at age 17 (Met on Valentine's Day) and were married by the time they were 19.  The social climate has significantly changed and many people are getting married at a later age.....but the dynamics are the same.  If you have made a connection with someone, which is the will of God, then it does not need to be turned away.  Perhaps it was God's will to place the one you would marry in your life at the right time....but in the 9th Grade....don't be discussing marriage....but rather building up appropriate connections, and seeing it grow accordingly.  If you rush it, it will fall apart. People change throughout their highschool years.  Your devotion will be tested. Use proper discernment, and the Godly approach, as you should at any age, but if there is a connection there...it should be embraced rather than discouraged.
Thanks!  ;D

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
  • Why am I still here?
  • Faith: New Calendarist
  • Jurisdiction: One, Holy, Ethnic and Disorganized
« Reply #154 on: November 10, 2014, 04:26:58 PM »
My parents were together at age 17 (Met on Valentine's Day) and were married by the time they were 19.  The social climate has significantly changed and many people are getting married at a later age.....but the dynamics are the same. 

Things are never the same if the social climate changes. People are not born and do not grow in a vacuum even if they had religious convictions.
I just need to find out how to say it in Slavonic!

Offline mabsoota

• Archon
  • Kyrie eleison
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox (Coptic)
« Reply #155 on: November 10, 2014, 05:03:59 PM »
i agree. however, certainly no need for kissing at this stage.

my colleagues in university ('college' in american english) were certainly shocked
when i was engaged after 4 years despite not snogging (deep kissing) guys at parties.

i tried to explain that not kissing guys actually made it MORE likely to get married fairly young,
but i'm not sure they understood.

there is plenty of time after marriage for all that stuff!
 ;D

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #156 on: November 10, 2014, 05:11:07 PM »
Snogging is such a great word.  That should be exported over the pond!  :laugh:
God bless!

Offline Jonathan Gress

• Taxiarches
« Reply #157 on: November 10, 2014, 05:19:50 PM »
Snogging is such a great word.  That should be exported over the pond!  :laugh:

When I was going to school in England, our irreverent Anglican school chaplain liked to refer to the evening service as "Evensnog" (Evensong, i.e. Vespers).

Offline Jonathan Gress

• Taxiarches
« Reply #158 on: November 10, 2014, 05:25:11 PM »
Lol @ Jonathan.

It could be worse:

Offline orthonorm

• BANNED for rules violations
  • Hoplitarches
  • Ad Aluminum!
  • Faith: DSM 5
  • Jurisdiction: Apostle to the Church of ASD
« Reply #159 on: November 11, 2014, 12:11:56 AM »
Lol @ Jonathan.

It could be worse:

After a certain poster's posts many of us require the apparatus on the right as a conjugal aid.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Ο προκαθήμενος της Ορθοδοξίας - The President of Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to FOCOF
« Reply #160 on: November 11, 2014, 01:34:55 AM »
Lol @ Jonathan.

It could be worse:

After a certain poster's posts many of us require the apparatus on the right as a conjugal aid.

LOL. 
Apparently, can smart . . has brain.

Yes, I do real Theology

I am the Antichrist LOL just kidding

Offline Randa

« Reply #161 on: November 17, 2014, 12:34:46 PM »
Hello! I am only in 9th grade and would like to see your opinions on someone my age dating already. And when you let your children date. Thanks!

At this age stick with group dating, only start one on one dating once you're done with school. JMO of course but that's how I wish I'd done it when I was younger.

Offline charbelkaleab

• Elder
« Reply #162 on: November 17, 2014, 01:35:04 PM »
Hello! I am only in 9th grade and would like to see your opinions on someone my age dating already. And when you let your children date. Thanks!

At this age stick with group dating, only start one on one dating once you're done with school. JMO of course but that's how I wish I'd done it when I was younger.
Why? Jw.

Offline Randa

« Reply #163 on: November 17, 2014, 03:25:34 PM »
Firstly group dating is fun as you can be dating several girls at once. As long as there's no touching it's healthy and a great way to learn how guys and girls should interact with each other. 13-15 is generally the most awkward stage of adolescence so group dating can be more relaxed. I didn't do this and I honestly wish I had, I think it's a phase of the dating scene that should be experienced. Group dating also presents less opportunities for temptation cause you're less likely to be alone with the girl. This is especially important at this age cause most are still learning to master control over their hormones. And everyone pays for themselves so the issue of who pays doesn't come up.

So this girl you like, start out by inviting her out with you and your friends to parties, sporting events, ect., don't take her out alone just yet. JMO of course.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #164 on: November 17, 2014, 03:34:03 PM »
I was pretty much scared to talk to girls until I got to college. Now, with 2 sisters, a wife and two daughters, I feel more comfortable talking to women than I do to men.  :P
God bless!

Offline Randa

« Reply #165 on: November 17, 2014, 03:37:34 PM »
Oh and as for kissing, my advice, don't do it. Girls in particular consider that very intimate, girls tend to become attached immediately when they get physical with guys. Don't attempt to awaken something you may not have the desire or maturity to handle.

Offline Fabio Leite

• Protokentarchos
    • Vida Ortodoxa
« Reply #166 on: November 17, 2014, 03:55:16 PM »
Oh and as for kissing, my advice, don't do it. Girls in particular consider that very intimate, girls tend to become attached immediately when they get physical with guys. Don't attempt to awaken something you may not have the desire or maturity to handle.

For example, this happened two years ago and the giraffe still stalks the guy.

Many Energies, 3 Persons, 2 Natures, 1 God, 1 Church, 1 Baptism, and 1 Cup. The Son begotten only from the Father, the Spirit proceeding only from the Father, Each glorifying the Other. The Son sends the Spirit, the Spirit Reveals the Son, the Father is seen in the Son. The Spirit spoke through the Prophets and Fathers and does so even today.

Offline Jonathan Gress

• Taxiarches
« Reply #167 on: November 17, 2014, 03:56:29 PM »

I think one issue is determining what your relationship status is based on level of intimacy or physical contact and this differs from one culture to the next. If you're not interested in having a "girlfriend" or a relationship at all, then avoiding kissing is the way to go. But a girl who isn't raised Orthodox or in a similarly conservative environment may think you just want to be friends if you avoid kissing, and so she may feel free to start a relationship with someone else. If that isn't the guy's intention, he'd need to make it clear that he wants an exclusive relationship but wants to avoid physical intimacy, including kissing, until marriage or engagement.

Certainly by the time you become an adult, a secular woman will almost certainly consider sex a necessary component of a relationship and not see the need to wait until marriage. Maintaining an exclusive relationship without physical intimacy is only possible if both parties are religious or at least on the same page regarding what kind of intimacy is acceptable at what stage in the relationship.

My impression is some denominations like the Copts are pretty good at maintaining a culture where men and women can start exclusive relationships without feeling pressure to become physically intimate; both parties are on the same page and understand that intimacy is something for marriage. It's very hard to maintain that kind of culture in a secularizing society, though.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #168 on: November 17, 2014, 03:59:35 PM »
Maybe, but I think it is a good rule of thumb for teenagers to refrain from kissing.  Hormones at that age are hard enough to control once they get moving. Putting up roadblocks to slow the pace of the relationship is a good idea.
God bless!

Offline Fabio Leite

• Protokentarchos
    • Vida Ortodoxa
« Reply #169 on: November 17, 2014, 04:00:27 PM »

I think one issue is determining what your relationship status is based on level of intimacy or physical contact and this differs from one culture to the next. If you're not interested in having a "girlfriend" or a relationship at all, then avoiding kissing is the way to go. But a girl who isn't raised Orthodox or in a similarly conservative environment may think you just want to be friends if you avoid kissing, and so she may feel free to start a relationship with someone else. If that isn't the guy's intention, he'd need to make it clear that he wants an exclusive relationship but wants to avoid physical intimacy, including kissing, until marriage or engagement.

Certainly by the time you become an adult, a secular woman will almost certainly consider sex a necessary component of a relationship and not see the need to wait until marriage. Maintaining an exclusive relationship without physical intimacy is only possible if both parties are religious or at least on the same page regarding what kind of intimacy is acceptable at what stage in the relationship.

My impression is some denominations like the Copts are pretty good at maintaining a culture where men and women can start exclusive relationships without feeling pressure to become physically intimate; both parties are on the same page and understand that intimacy is something for marriage. It's very hard to maintain that kind of culture in a secularizing society, though.

+1
Many Energies, 3 Persons, 2 Natures, 1 God, 1 Church, 1 Baptism, and 1 Cup. The Son begotten only from the Father, the Spirit proceeding only from the Father, Each glorifying the Other. The Son sends the Spirit, the Spirit Reveals the Son, the Father is seen in the Son. The Spirit spoke through the Prophets and Fathers and does so even today.

Offline Jonathan Gress

• Taxiarches
« Reply #170 on: November 17, 2014, 04:10:39 PM »
Maybe, but I think it is a good rule of thumb for teenagers to refrain from kissing.  Hormones at that age are hard enough to control once they get moving. Putting up roadblocks to slow the pace of the relationship is a good idea.

This advice makes sense for Orthodox people and others who think sex should wait till marriage, but it makes no sense for those who don't live under those cultural restrictions. Waiting until marriage is pretty much dead outside of religious households, at least in my experience. It might work differently in your community.

Offline charbelkaleab

• Elder
« Reply #171 on: November 17, 2014, 04:23:21 PM »
Firstly group dating is fun as you can be dating several girls at once. As long as there's no touching it's healthy and a great way to learn how guys and girls should interact with each other. 13-15 is generally the most awkward stage of adolescence so group dating can be more relaxed. I didn't do this and I honestly wish I had, I think it's a phase of the dating scene that should be experienced. Group dating also presents less opportunities for temptation cause you're less likely to be alone with the girl. This is especially important at this age cause most are still learning to master control over their hormones. And everyone pays for themselves so the issue of who pays doesn't come up.

So this girl you like, start out by inviting her out with you and your friends to parties, sporting events, ect., don't take her out alone just yet. JMO of course.
Thank you so much!

Offline JamesR

• Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
« Reply #172 on: November 17, 2014, 04:23:37 PM »
Your best option right now is to focus on making money. Forget the girls and forget the socializing. They'll be a distraction. And even if you do meet the right one, marrying her will probably be impossible. Focus solely on academics and saving every bit of money you get. The sooner you finish school and begin your secondary education, the sooner you could get a job and then finally a female who you could not only date, but also marry and lose your virginity with. Trust me. I wish I focused more on money when I was in high school.

Offline charbelkaleab

• Elder
« Reply #173 on: November 17, 2014, 04:23:54 PM »

For example, this happened two years ago and the giraffe still stalks the guy.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline charbelkaleab

• Elder
« Reply #174 on: November 17, 2014, 04:25:04 PM »

I don't know any Copts at my school. Oops. Catholic definitely ;)

Offline charbelkaleab

• Elder
« Reply #175 on: November 17, 2014, 04:26:07 PM »
Your best option right now is to focus on making money. Forget the girls and forget the socializing. They'll be a distraction. And even if you do meet the right one, marrying her will probably be impossible. Focus solely on academics and saving every bit of money you get. The sooner you finish school and begin your secondary education, the sooner you could get a job and then finally a female who you could not only date, but also marry and lose your virginity with. Trust me. I wish I focused more on money when I was in high school.
I am not going to focus on making money now LOL. I have 3 more years of school left, if you forgot. I have my parents for that even though college will be expensive (I want to be a corporate lawyer in NYC)

Offline JamesR

• Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
« Reply #176 on: November 17, 2014, 04:30:58 PM »
A weekly bus pass is around £15

That's why the bike was invented.

It's nice to live in a place where it's safe to ride a bike, isn't it?

If the place where you live isn't safe for bikes, you could blackmail pop and mom.

"I'm going with the bike tomorrow. I need to cut spending. I hope I won't get under a truck"

That'll get them to pay for the bus fare.

My parents drove me around like personal chauffeurs because they didn't trust me to drive and thought that I'd get killed or eaten if I used public transportation.

Offline charbelkaleab

• Elder
« Reply #177 on: November 17, 2014, 04:57:54 PM »

If the place where you live isn't safe for bikes, you could blackmail pop and mom.

"I'm going with the bike tomorrow. I need to cut spending. I hope I won't get under a truck"

My parents drove me around like personal chauffeurs because they didn't trust me to drive and thought that I'd get killed or eaten if I used public transportation.
Lol. I already have a car picked out. BMW 2014 750i sedan. But it's going to be 2014 and I'm getting my license in 2016 so.
http://cars.findthebest.com/l/4339/2014-BMW-750i-xDrive
Not the best but it'll do.

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of New Jersey
« Reply #178 on: November 17, 2014, 06:10:18 PM »

Lol. I already have a car picked out. BMW 2014 750i sedan. But it's going to be 2014 and I'm getting my license in 2016 so.

That's an expensive car for a young person.   :P  Are you sure you don't have Affluenza?

Offline charbelkaleab

• Elder
« Reply #179 on: November 17, 2014, 06:39:29 PM »

That's an expensive car for a young person.   :P  Are you sure you don't have Affluenza?
Lol. Come to my town and you will see, why I said that wasn't the best. I am not an "Affluenzer" lolol. My parents handle my debt.  ;D ;D ;D ;D