OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 26, 2014, 03:29:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pope was investigating Knights Templar before his election.....  (Read 892 times) Average Rating: 0
eleni

« on: May 16, 2005, 12:46:39 PM »

This is actually not my find but posted in another site with discussion forums......

This article is scary.......
QUOTE//////
*** The new Pope, Benedict XVI, was actively investigating secret societies including the Knights Templar and the Illuminati, it was revealed yesterday. Details were exposed by a local newspaper in Hertfordshire, England. Cardinal Ratzinger was head of the Inquisition, the arm of the Church set up to investigate, persecute or eliminate heretics. But the curious thing is, we now know that he started his investigation shortly before he was elected as the new Pope. Did he know something? He certainly made no secret of his ambition to become Pope. ***

Pope’s probe into Hertford’s Templars

THE NEW POPE has reportedly made inquiries into a secret society in Hertford, the Knights Templar.

He is thought to have contacted a top Hertfordshire historian and a records officer at County Hall in Hertford.

The inquiries follow the Templars’ demand last December for a papal apology by 2007 for their persecution by the Vatican almost 700 years ago.

The demand - which the Vatican was said to be ‘seriously considering’ - made international headlines after it was exclusively revealed by the Mercury. The news also appeared in national newspapers, including The Times, The Independent, and The Guardian.

Now we have received new information that Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger made the calls prior to his election as Pope Benedict XVI earlier this month.
MORE FROM HERE....
http://www.theinsider.org/mailing/article.asp?id=1149

Glory be to God...

CHRIST IS RISEN!
IX helen...

A Prudent man foresees evil and hides himself;
The simple pass on and are punished.
-Proverbs27:12-
TomS
Banned
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 01:00:29 PM »

I am a little suspect of a journalist who would use the word "cryptically" in his/her story.

He added, cryptically: “The pontiff chose Benedict as his papal title, a name with special significance for the Knights Templar. The Rule of the Templars, which is like a code of conduct for the Order, was originally known as the Rule of Benedict.”
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 01:03:34 PM by TomS » Logged
cizinec
High Elder

There ain't no way but the hard way.

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 01:18:21 PM »

Cryptically, I agree with TomS.

"Brother, your best friend ain't your Momma, it's the Field Artillery."
Intrigued Latin

Toronto, Canada

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 01:53:25 PM »

This is actually not my find but posted in another site with discussion forums......

This article is scary.......
QUOTE//////
*** The new Pope, Benedict XVI, was actively investigating secret societies including the Knights Templar and the Illuminati, it was revealed yesterday. Details were exposed by a local newspaper in Hertfordshire, England. Cardinal Ratzinger was head of the Inquisition, the arm of the Church set up to investigate, persecute or eliminate heretics. But the curious thing is, we now know that he started his investigation shortly before he was elected as the new Pope. Did he know something? He certainly made no secret of his ambition to become Pope. ***
CHRIST IS RISEN!
IX helen...

Helen,  Truly He has risen !!

With regards to the then Cardinal Ratzinger making not secret of his ambition to become Pope, I disagree.
He is reported to have prayed to God, the Almighty Father to "spare him the destiny" 
See below.

When the voting slowly developed making it clear that the guillotine was coming closer and pointing at me, I asked God to spare me this destiny," he said.
He recalled saying to God in his prayers: "You have younger, better, more enthusiastic and energetic candidates."
But he also said: "The Lord's road is not comfortable, but we are not made for comfort and so I could not have done anything but say Yes."
The Pope also shared a joke after apologising for arriving late. "The Germans are used to punctuality," he said. "I have become a bit of an Italian."

Your brother in Christ,

Brad

Christos Anesti,ÂÂ  Alithos Anesti
Christus resurrexit! Resurrexit vere!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: