Author Topic: Another update.  (Read 405 times)

Offline ConfusedRC

• Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Moscow Patriarchate
Another update.
« on: October 10, 2014, 11:05:41 PM »
I am very happy to report that my wife is beginning to understand my desire to convert to Orthodoxy. She even listens to Ancient Faith Radio with me. I think her biggest hurdle to converting with me is cultural; she is from the Philippines and everyone she knows is Catholic. When we move to the Philippines, she will want to go to Catholic Mass. But anyways, thanks for your prayers as they seem to be helping!
I am no longer a "confused Roman Catholic" as I joined the Orthodox Church in April 2016.

Offline lovesupreme

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Orthodox
Re: Another update.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 01:34:30 PM »
Glad to hear your wife is becoming supportive. Familial disagreements can be a huge stumbling block to conversion, and might even be a reasonable cause not to convert.

I am fairly confident you will be able to receive your priest's blessing in attending Catholic Mass with your wife, for the sake of marital unity. I would encourage you to broach that subject when it is appropriate. A marriage with two faiths can be challenging, but it has proven to be possible, especially when the two spouses see eye to eye on the important things, and not the external cultural ones.