OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 23, 2014, 08:28:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: so long, everybody.  (Read 2900 times) Average Rating: 0
lpap

I stopped participating in this forum.

« on: May 15, 2005, 07:53:00 AM »

The administrator of this forum has answered to me that:

So what? We own this board, not you and no one else. We pay for it except when certain people who are very generous donate money to us (and believe me, out of the 1100 members, there are about 10 people who have ever donated us even one dollar). We can do what we want, when we want, pure and simple. We try to be fair, but if something is decided by us to be something we don't want on our board, we will take it off, period. Furthermore, on no other site that I know of would an administrator even tolerate a public challenge of his rights. Yet you will notice we left this thread up. There is no censorship in that no one was ever guaranteed free speech on our site.

First of all, we don't have any obligations as we provide this website to you because we are nice people that take hours out of our week to do it. Second of all, you are pretty much right that Robert closed the thread because we didn't LIKE the content of the thread. Seeing people rag on other websites is not exactly the kind of thing we are wanting to be known for.

Which would indicate you think we are trying to hoodwink you. Quite simply, Robert didn't like the thread, so he closed it. His decision.

Anastasios

I stop participating in this forum because it is now made clear to me that it is private enterprise (not an Orthodox forum). I do not want to spend your money, against your will. Nevertheless, I truly thank the creators of this forum for being "nice people".

So long friends, brothers and sisters, I love you all. :thumbsup:

I thank you for being yourselves. If I ever offended anybody, I sincerely apologize.

My email is lpap@email.com , in case someone wants to get in contact with me.

Since this is my last post, let me respond to the "forbidden" issue of “Christ's laughter”:

Luke 6:20-23
20 And turning His gaze toward His disciples, He began to say, "Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the kingdom of God.
21 "Blessed are you who hunger now, for you shall be satisfied. Blessed are you who weep now, for you shall laugh.
22 "Blessed are you when men hate you, and ostracize you, and insult you, and scorn your name as evil, for the sake of the Son of Man.
23 "Be glad in that day and leap for joy, for behold, your reward is great in heaven For in the same way their fathers used to treat the prophets.

Laughter will have a blessed place in Paradise.

I pray that Christian “laughter” and “leaping for Christian joy” always be in your life.

See you all in Paradise, laughing and leaping for joy.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 10:56:05 AM by lpap » Logged

Life is to live the life of others.
idontlikenames
I'm gonna be the next Matthew777 (whatever that means)

You forgot my briefcase

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2005, 08:50:44 AM »

I didn't know you, but you seem like a pretty fun guy to  me.....bye

too-ta-loo....

laa ilaah illa al-Maal wa Rothschild howa nabeehi
Ecumenical

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 09:49:14 AM »

IPAP no need to leave stay with us .

troy

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2005, 10:38:37 AM »

You left some amazing posts that provided a truly Orthodox perspective on issues...I'll miss you.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2005, 01:34:18 PM »

You know the funny thing is, lpap, that I always liked your posts until you attacked our administratorship.  Your attack against us hurt me personally and offended me greatly.  Do you know how much time and effort I personally have put into providing posters with this forum? That's not to mention our other administrators Robert and Philip, and all the moderators.

We've always maintained a pretty open place and even allow people like you to criticize us, but when you issue snotty and rude posts against us in public without even first approaching us in private (since you like to quote Scripture I think you should have quoted the part where Paul says to approach the sinner in PRIVATE first), I felt a clarification necessary. Your dictionary definition notwithstanding, this is a FORUM not a private endeavor, but the fact remains it is owned and operated by people who spend their own money.  Your comment "I don't want to spend your money against your will" made absolutely no sense; my only point in mentioning this is you claim we were thinking you were too stupid to notice that we closed the thread is that we reserve the right (and this is in the official rules of this forum) for any reason, period, because the forum is run by us with our resources and if we feel something bad is going on, we will close it down.

You never answered my other point, lpap, anyway, which is why did you want a thread open whose only purpose was to ridicule another website?!

Godspeed.

Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Strelets
Стрелец
Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2005, 02:32:26 PM »

Hey lpap, don't take it personally. Everyone has a bad day (or week, month, ...). I'm guessing the board owners are going through a stressful time with college finals. In general, it's not proper netiquette to continue a thread in one forum over into another just to call your opponent a freak behind his back. That's probably what prompted the thread's closure.

So come on back. I enjoy your posts as well.

"The creed is very simple, and here is what it is: to believe that there is nothing more beautiful, more courageous, and more perfect than Christ; and there not only isn't, but I tell myself with a jealous love, there cannot be." ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2005, 03:30:29 PM »

Frankly, lpap did not start the offensive thread but seems to have taken the brunt of administrative reactions. Even crusty, salty-languaged Aristokles was astounded at the crude responses his protests generated. My first thought: How does one report an Admin's post? Ans: One can't. I understand your leaving us, my new friend. I am sure we'll meet up elsewhere.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2005, 03:40:11 PM »

Frankly, lpap did not start the offensive thread but seems to have taken the brunt of administrative reactions. Even crusty, salty-languaged Aristokles was astounded at the crude responses his protests generated. My first thought: How does one report an Admin's post? Ans: One can't. I understand your leaving us, my new friend. I am sure we'll meet up elsewhere.

Demetri,

It's because of the vicious, sneering, accusatory tone of the MULTIPLE posts. Remember, the thread was originally closed by Robert against TomS, an action I am sure a lot of people agreed with given that the thread was only about ragging on other people. Then, we are assualted and told that we are partisan, biased, censors, etc., when we are simply people just like lpap and just like you trying to run a site for people where no one ever agrees on everything.

You can report an administrator's post if you want, I mean there are three of us and we don't always agree. I don't agree for instance with Robert's use of profanity at all. Robert doesn't agree with my attempts to cater to everyone which sometimes makes me look ineffective, etc.

In this case, it was a clear and public assualt, and the reason one person got the brunt of it is that one person keeps posting over and over again progressively more accusatory and offensive things instead of taking it up with us in private. THAT is the issue. On what other forum would the administrators allow such behavior?

Again, I actually enjoyed lpap's posts and thought he or she was an asset to our forum, and for that reason am sorry to see him or her go. But at the same time, I don't have time to sit around and get accused of all sorts of vicious things.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 03:40:31 PM by Anastasios » Logged

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: