OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 01, 2014, 08:16:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Freaks are at it again!  (Read 1390 times) Average Rating: 0
TomS
Banned
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« on: May 14, 2005, 10:16:58 AM »

Well, the FREAKS are at it again over at the e'cafe --

An excerpt --

"To me this falls into the same realm as "Did Christ laugh?" We cannot say this because laughter is a passion. Christ never laughed."

FREAKS!!!

http://euphrosynoscafe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4018&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=7

I mean, gimme a frickin BREAK -- you simply cannot have an infant who breaks into a wide grin and giggles at the site of his/her mother and father and believe that it isa sinful act!!! I know that this is un-Christian - but people like this need their asses kicked!

I say again, with feeling, FREAKS!!! Let's just PRAY that they don't BREED!!! Their children will need major counseling!

« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 10:24:06 AM by TomS » Logged
choirfiend
ManIsChristian=iRnotgrEek.
High Elder

Rachael weeping for her children, for they are not

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 10:41:06 AM »

Yea, pray for them, because it's really, really sad.

Qui cantat, bis orat
SetFree
King of Kings

Faith: Oriental Orthodox (Catechumen)
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church

Christ, Our God, To Earth Descendeth...

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 11:00:23 AM »

Wow!!!  Some people need a head check!!!  I don't get where these people get their justification for things like this being wrong.  If Our Lord came to this earth and was nothing more than a flesh robot (no emotions, no feelings, etc.), then He wasn't truly human and thus couldn't save us.  I wonder if these (as they are so aptly called) FREAKS realize what they are saying.  Of course Our Lord laughed, felt pain, cried, etc.  He is God, but he is also man, wholly and completely.

My two cents,
Adrian Davila

At His Feet The Six-Winged Seraph, Cherubim, With Sleepless Eye, Veil Their Faces To His Presence As With Ceasless Voice They Cry:ÂÂ  Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!ÂÂ  Lord Most High! --From the Liturgy of St. James (Translated by Gerard Moultrie)
observer
High Elder

Vivre die Raznitsa!

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 11:06:07 AM »

In all fairness to this debate, these people are saying that we should not see God as our cosmic buddy.  I don't find their threads any less wacko then the threads here and that includes the people here who start them.  Forums are the marketplace and you will find the occasional  bargain and lots of wacko junk.

Thou shalt not prefer one thing to another (Law of Liberalism)
Hadel
IN CHRIST
Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Jerusalem

Jesus Christ Our Lord, King of Kings

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2005, 11:06:45 AM »

Sorry for my ignorance what is the e'cafe?

Well, we are created in God's image; my personal opinion only; Christ the Son and God the Father, laughed, smiled, cried, loved, and so on....God has great love and emotions in every way...so yes, Christ laughed and I am sure he enjoyed a few good jokes with the Apostles too... Wink

Actually, I loved the part in the "Passion of Christ," Mel Gibson's Movie; when Blessed Mary was pouring water in Jesus' s hands to wash his hands; and Jesus Jokingly splashed Blessed Mary in the Face; they laughed and then Jesus hugged and kissed Blessed Mary like all families on earth do.... one of my favourite scenes in the movie.... only sharing some emotions.

I will pray for all....God help the simple people.

In Christ,
Hadel
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 11:10:27 AM by Hadel » Logged

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2005, 11:10:26 AM »

no need for this.

closed.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: