Author Topic: Is rebellion good? Think Rosa Parks and Satan, our Lady and Mistress.  (Read 4842 times)

Offline Greatest I am

• BANNED for rules violations
  • Elder
Re: Is rebellion good? Think Rosa Parks and Satan, our Lady and Mistress.
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2014, 11:47:31 AM »
Since when did the Vatican and Catholics claim Satan was female? Show me evidence.

And if you're referring to the images of Baphomet, then those were never officially endorsed by any church. Baphomet and Satan are also not the same being anyway, as this link shows.

Regarding angels, the traditional teaching is that they have no actual gender, but can theoretically appear as either male or female (Most icons have them looking somewhat androgynous, I think). In the Bible they usually appear as male, or else with no mentioned gender. There are a few passages that could be interpreted as having female angels, such as Zechariah 5 (the basket symbolizes Israel, and the two "winged women" are carrying it off into exile).

The Vatican, is the Catholic showcase and as that link in the O.P. shows, Satan is depicted as a woman.

If you have an argument with that then take it up with them. As far as I know they have the oldest art and that art depicts Satan as a woman.

Good of you to remind us that to Jews thought God to be androgynous. Like most of the older Gods.

Regards
DL
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 11:49:56 AM by Greatest I am »

Offline xOrthodox4Christx

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Catholic Church
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2014, 11:49:13 AM »

I don't know. She likely always was according to the Vatican and Catholics.

When did God decide angels had female breasts and when did he tell those in the Vatican about it?

Regards
DL

Memo to Greatest I am: Orthodox Christians have nothing to do with the Vatican or the Roman Catholic church. There goes your credibility.

Now there is more than one Abrahamic God.

Ok.

Regards
DL

Of course there are. There are thousands of Christian denominations. There are as many Abrahamic gods as the minds of inventive faithful wish to create.
I reject all that I wrote that isn't in accordance with the teachings of the Orthodox Church. Also, my posts reflect my opinions (present or former) and nothing else.

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
  • St. Theodoret of Cyrrhus, pray for us!
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Finland
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2014, 11:51:25 AM »
Since when did the Vatican and Catholics claim Satan was female? Show me evidence.

And if you're referring to the images of Baphomet, then those were never officially endorsed by any church. Baphomet and Satan are also not the same being anyway, as this link shows.

Regarding angels, the traditional teaching is that they have no actual gender, but can theoretically appear as either male or female (Most icons have them looking somewhat androgynous, I think). In the Bible they usually appear as male, or else with no mentioned gender. There are a few passages that could be interpreted as having female angels, such as Zechariah 5 (the basket symbolizes Israel, and the two "winged women" are carrying it off into exile).

The Vatican, is the Catholic showcase and as that link in the O.P. shows, Satan is depicted as a woman.

If you have an argument with that then take it up with them. As far as I know they have the oldest art and that art depicts Satan as a woman.

Good of you to remind us that to Jews thought God to be androgynous. Like most of the older Gods.

Regards
DL

Michelangelo isn't an authority in RCism.

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!
  • Faith: Orthodox
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2014, 11:51:49 AM »
I'll say it again: The Roman Catholic church is a different entity to the Orthodox Church. This forum is primarily concerned with the discussion of Orthodox Christianity.

As for Orthodox art depicting Satan as a woman, no, that's not true. Whether the Roman Catholics do, I don't know. It doesn't concern me as that is not the church I belong to.
Am I posting? Or is it Schroedinger's Cat?

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2014, 11:53:24 AM »
Here we go again!  ;D

Seriously, I am a far-Left radical egalitarian. Preaching to me about equality is like preaching to Martin Luther King about civil rights.*

And yes, rebellion is good. Rebellion is in fact, necessary in our age. But as usual, you don't ever listen to what people on this forum say only what you want to hear.

(P.S. Not meant as an ad hominem, but if the moderator sees fit, they can classify it thus.)

(* If you want to talk about specifics, we can discuss the historical connections between egalitarian movements and Left-wing politics on Private Message.)

I listen when someone is not just spouting dogma.
So why should we listen to you?
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline Greatest I am

• Elder
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2014, 11:53:33 AM »
There already was more than one Abrahamic God, at least according to the Muslims who claim we worship three gods.  :P

Yes. Strange how they cannot put their minds into pretzel shapes to understand that horrible theology designed to work women even further from God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VsN3IG1HtQ

Their logic, as well as normal thinking, makes Christians look foolish in this case.

Regards
DL

Offline Greatest I am

• Elder
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2014, 11:55:50 AM »

When did God decide angels had female breasts and when did he tell those in the Vatican about it?

Regards
DL

Memo to Greatest I am: Orthodox Christians have nothing to do with the Vatican or the Roman Catholic church. There goes your credibility.

Ok.

Regards
DL
lol, logic is not your strong suit.

It is not my worse.

Faith v/s Reason

Faith is a way for you to quit using your "God given" power of Reason and Logic, so you will believe doctrines that moral men reject as immoral.

The God of the OT says...“Come now, and let us reason together,” [Isaiah 1:18]

How can you reason with God when you throw away reason?

Religions, especially Christianity reply.

“Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.”
“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.”
Martin Luther “

This puts the rest of us in a position where reasoning with theist becomes impossible.

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.
Jonathan Swift

Literalism is an evil practice that hides the true messages of myths. You cannot show our friends that they are wrong through their faith colored glasses. Their faith also plugs their ears.

Regards
DL

Offline Greatest I am

• Elder
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2014, 11:57:44 AM »

Regards
DL

Ok.

Regards
DL

Of course there are. There are thousands of Christian denominations. There are as many Abrahamic gods as the minds of inventive faithful wish to create.

I agree. So does Jesus and he and I have no problem with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

Regards
DL

Offline PeterTheAleut

• Hypatos
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2014, 11:59:51 AM »

Offline Greatest I am

• Elder
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2014, 12:00:28 PM »
Here we go again!  ;D

Seriously, I am a far-Left radical egalitarian. Preaching to me about equality is like preaching to Martin Luther King about civil rights.*

And yes, rebellion is good. Rebellion is in fact, necessary in our age. But as usual, you don't ever listen to what people on this forum say only what you want to hear.

(P.S. Not meant as an ad hominem, but if the moderator sees fit, they can classify it thus.)

(* If you want to talk about specifics, we can discuss the historical connections between egalitarian movements and Left-wing politics on Private Message.)

Are you listening?

Is theosis or apotheosis a part of the belief system here?

If so, and since I claim it, then that is why some might lend an ear.

Regards
DL
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 12:02:23 PM by Greatest I am »

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2014, 12:00:45 PM »

Regards
DL

Ok.

Regards
DL

It is not my worse.

I wouldn't know, I haven't seen you use it yet.
God bless!

Offline Greatest I am

• Elder
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2014, 12:04:29 PM »

"Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime." - Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart

Do you not have confidence in your fellow theists?

Regards
DL

Offline jewish voice

• High Elder
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Still dont know yet
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2014, 12:08:44 PM »

Regards
DL

Ok.

Regards
DL

It is not my worse.

Faith v/s Reason

Faith is a way for you to quit using your "God given" power of Reason and Logic, so you will believe doctrines that moral men reject as immoral.

Martin Luther “

This puts the rest of us in a position where reasoning with theist becomes impossible.

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.
Jonathan Swift

Literalism is an evil practice that hides the true messages of myths. You cannot show our friends that they are wrong through their faith colored glasses. Their faith also plugs their ears.

Regards
DL

dl I think you your mixing up Christians with Jews. Jews do reason it's okay for one to not even sure God is real it's even okay to be mad at God. Abraham even fought with God. Elijah even told God to stick it and quite. That's why he has to come back punishment.don't get somethings mixed up

Offline Minnesotan

• Archon
  • Milo Thatch is the ONLY Milo for me. #FreeAtlantis
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2014, 12:12:55 PM »
That Luther quote is in no way representative of what Christians (at least outside of Lutheranism) believe. You know that.

Catholics, Calvinists/Reformed, Anglicans, and Orthodox alike would all disagree with it.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 12:13:19 PM by Minnesotan »
I'm not going to be posting as much on OC.Net as before. I might stop in once in a while though. But I've come to realize that real life is more important.

Offline PeterTheAleut

• Hypatos
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2014, 12:16:34 PM »
Here we go again!  ;D

Are you listening?
Not really. ISTM that you're merely spouting your own dogma here, so by your logic I have no reason to listen to you.

Offline Greatest I am

• Elder
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2014, 12:24:33 PM »

Regards
DL

Ok.

Regards
DL

It is not my worse.

Faith v/s Reason

Martin Luther “

Jonathan Swift

Regards
DL

dl I think you your mixing up Christians with Jews. Jews do reason it's okay for one to not even sure God is real it's even okay to be mad at God. Abraham even fought with God. Elijah even told God to stick it and quite. That's why he has to come back punishment.don't get somethings mixed up

Which of God's perfect works need punishing?

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect:

Scriptures say that God nor man ever loses his perfection.

It happens that I am working on something that tries to shoe that. Have a quick look and please opine.

Is self-deprecation an insult to God, --- who can only create perfection?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1RuyPAIwK8

The reason most do not recognize the perfection of all things is that they have bought into the idea that Jesus dies for their retched souls that even in their perfection, cannot get themselves into heaven without making God a despicable child abuser.

God’s best works, --- mankind, --- seems to not recognize that it is perfect. Growing up is simply moving ones initial perfection to a more perfect state. A strange use of language, but if you are an American, you should have no problem as it is the language of your constitution.

Either Christians ignore that God creates all things perfect, or the bible lies. In scriptures, perfection never loses it’s perfection. If it did, God himself might be in jeopardy. It shows that perfection being passed down the generations.

Many Christians self–deprecate. They name themselves worthless, fallen, retched, not deserving of self-respect etc.
Meanwhile the bible shows God even angry with angels that will not bow down to man. God seems to think we are hot stuff so why do Christians not believe it. Why believe the idiocy that we are born in sin and that God has to have his own son murdered to save us from himself.

The moral of the crucifixion is selflessness. Not salvation for perfect souls that God would not and could not condemn. God is in everything and he, like us, is evolving perfection. God would not condemn a part of himself.

God is in and is everything. If you cannot see God in all, then you cannot see God at all. Harbhajan Singh Yogi

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Jesus was not sent to die for you as you were never condemned. He was sent, by himself, so to speak, to recruit you and make you his brethren. His concern was to make you the best human he could. He knew that your soul would find it’s way to heaven on it’s own. God had taken care of that already.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Jesus would never condone substitutionary atonement. It is equivalent to human sacrifice and Jesus would never teach such an immoral practice. Only those of little faith would think that God would create us for less than the best possible end and that would include Jesus and everything he did and that would not include an immoral blemish like his teaching us that there is anything good in substitutionary atonement and human sacrifice.   

Here Jesus tells you how you should think.

Here is a way to get to the right thinking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdSVl_HOo8Y

Regards
DL

Offline Greatest I am

• Elder
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2014, 12:26:45 PM »
That Luther quote is in no way representative of what Christians (at least outside of Lutheranism) believe. You know that.

Catholics, Calvinists/Reformed, Anglicans, and Orthodox alike would all disagree with it.

I know that those deep into woo will not agree.

They are beyond reason.

Regards
DL

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Ο προκαθήμενος της Ορθοδοξίας - The President of Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to FOCOF
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2014, 12:36:18 PM »
Gnostic Christian Mystery School Secret Truth #1.

All that can and is said of all Gods is speculative by nature as none of it is provable.

Nothing you say needs to be given any credence based on Gnostic Christian Mystery School Secret Truth #1. 

Offline Greatest I am

• Elder
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2014, 12:39:53 PM »
Repeats are boring and shows lack of thought.

Regards
DL

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2014, 12:42:30 PM »

Your spamming is boring and repetitive, therefore lacking in thought.
Am I posting? Or is it Schroedinger's Cat?

Offline Minnesotan

• Archon
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2014, 12:51:58 PM »

You're confusing goodness with perfection. They aren't the same thing.
I'm not going to be posting as much on OC.Net as before. I might stop in once in a while though. But I've come to realize that real life is more important.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Ο προκαθήμενος της Ορθοδοξίας - The President of Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to FOCOF
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2014, 12:59:16 PM »

Regards
DL

Why should I think about your posts?  You yourself said "All that can and is said of all Gods is speculative by nature as none of it is provable".  Since you didn't qualify that with "except my posts", it is you who have argued that you shouldn't be taken seriously.  Don't be sad. 

Offline homedad76

• High Elder
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2014, 01:02:07 PM »
You're responses remind me of the crappy slam poetry my high school english teacher was obsessed with or lyrics from a Bush or Beck song.  Using slightly vague terms that seem to relate the topic but actually say nothing at all doesn't make you cool or mysterious.  It is a ploy that has been used by self-obsessed "intellectuals" for ages.  You aren't esoteric you are just using a whole lot of words to say absolutely nothing at all.  Neo-Gnosticism is like a cheese sandwich at a 5 star restaurant... plated all pretty but when you get down to actually consuming it, well...
"However hard I try, I find it impossible to construct anything greater than these three words, 'Love one another' —only to the end, and without exceptions: then all is justified and life is illumined, whereas otherwise it is an abomination and a burden."

—Mother Maria of Paris

Offline PeterTheAleut

• Hypatos
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2014, 01:03:07 PM »
You're responses remind me of the crappy slam poetry my high school english teacher was obsessed with or lyrics from a Bush or Beck song.  Using slightly vague terms that seem to relate the topic but actually say nothing at all doesn't make you cool or mysterious.  It is a ploy that has been used by self-obsessed "intellectuals" for ages.  You aren't esoteric you are just using a whole lot of words to say absolutely nothing at all.  Neo-Gnosticism is like a cheese sandwich at a 5 star restaurant... plated all pretty but when you get down to actually consuming it, well...
What kinda cheese is in that sandwich? Limburger?

Offline dzheremi

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2014, 01:05:33 PM »
Let's not slam cheese by associating it with this neo-gnostic yahoo, please. :(

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2014, 01:07:59 PM »
+1
God bless!

Offline Greatest I am

• Elder
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2014, 01:22:59 PM »

You're confusing goodness with perfection. They aren't the same thing.

Preview something I am working on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1RuyPAIwK8

The reason most do not recognize the perfection of all things is that they have bought into the idea that Jesus dies for their retched souls that even in their perfection, cannot get themselves into heaven without making God a despicable child abuser.

God’s best works, --- mankind, --- seems to not recognize that it is perfect. Growing up is simply moving ones initial perfection to a more perfect state. A strange use of language, but if you are an American, you should have no problem as it is the language of your constitution.

Either Christians ignore that God creates all things perfect, or the bible lies. In scriptures, perfection never loses it’s perfection. If it did, God himself might be in jeopardy. It shows that perfection being passed down the generations.

Many Christians self–deprecate. They name themselves worthless, fallen, retched, not deserving of self-respect etc.
Meanwhile the bible shows God even angry with angels that will not bow down to man. God seems to think we are hot stuff so why do Christians not believe it. Why believe the idiocy that we are born in sin and that God has to have his own son murdered to save us from himself.

The moral of the crucifixion is selflessness. Not salvation for perfect souls that God would not and could not condemn. God is in everything and he, like us, is evolving perfection. God would not condemn a part of himself.

God is in and is everything. If you cannot see God in all, then you cannot see God at all. Harbhajan Singh Yogi

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Jesus was not sent to die for you as you were never condemned. He was sent, by himself, so to speak, to recruit you and make you his brethren. His concern was to make you the best human he could. He knew that your soul would find it’s way to heaven on it’s own. God had taken care of that already.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Jesus would never condone substitutionary atonement. It is equivalent to human sacrifice and Jesus would never teach such an immoral practice. Only those of little faith would think that God would create us for less than the best possible end and that would include Jesus and everything he did and that would not include an immoral blemish like his teaching us that there is anything good in substitutionary atonement and human sacrifice.   

Here Jesus tells you how you should think.

Here is a way to get to the right thinking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdSVl_HOo8Y

Regards
DL

Offline Greatest I am

• Elder
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2014, 01:25:23 PM »

At least the cheese we have is real and not woo.

Regards
DL

Offline yeshuaisiam

• Protokentarchos
  • A pulling horse cannot kick.
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2014, 11:12:34 AM »
Is rebellion good? Think Rosa Parks and Satan, our Lady and Mistress.

Matthew 10: 16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Michael+Angelo's+Eden+Vatican+collection&biw=1014&bih=519&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=9CYXVPXsKI-VjALRvYC4Cw&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

Both of the females named, Satan and Rosa Parks, are just two of many examples that show where rebellion has improved humanity and can be used to fight evil.

They would have liked this fast marching tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STiuregSvHg

Is raising hell a good idea?

=================================

To women.

If raising hell is a good idea, why are you sitting on your hands and not being the good citizen you should be in terms of pushing for equality?

You are the majority.

Has the shame that your despicable religion wrongly created in you killed your pride?

Hell, we have a Gay Pride Parade and they are a minute percentage of the population.

How about a Woman Pride Parade? Or can you not muster your fellow oppressed?

Or are you, --- analogically speaking, --- waiting for the white men at the cool front of the bus to politely ask you to change seats with them?
=============================
=============================

To men of the Abrahamic cults. Christians, Catholics and Muslims. 

Remember what God said. “He shall rule over you”.

Why are you men not ruling properly and allowing your charges to shirk their duty to society in not demanding equality?

Why are you sitting on your hands? Should a ruler not rule and order a just thing?

He shall rule over you says that you are ultimately responsible for your wife’s shirking of her duty.

Do get busy all of you Abrahamic men. Christians, Catholics and Muslims.

Justice says that equality is overdue thanks to your lazy wives. Raise a little hell on her but -tock, politically speaking, that is.

It is your duty to society and especially to your fellow men. Women have been our burden long enough. Screw God. Let us give women their due.

========================================

To all.

Change the labels in this quote to women, minorities, gays or children being brainwashed by religions and it shows what we should be thinking and doing for each other.

"First they came for the Jews, but I did nothing because I'm not a Jew. Then they came for the socialists, but I did nothing because I'm not a socialist. Then they came for the Catholics, but I did nothing because I'm not a Catholic. Finally, they came for me, but by then there was no one left to help me." – Pastor Father Niemoller (1946)”

My friends.

Religion came for our women a long time ago and still has them as captive to barbaric immoral non-equality thinking.

Should we not try to get them back?

Regards
DL

With feminism came divorce.  With feminism came latch key children.  With feminism and all this equality came a dramatic increase in divorce (including common law & shack ups). 

Today children are raised mostly on video games, public schools, and are without parents because of feminism.

The person of Jesus Christ did not rebel against YHWH, rather, he rebelled against the corrupt church and did not say much to the governing authorities in rebellion - except didn't give homage or bow down to them.

Rebellion can be a good thing, except that Satan rebelled against God.

If you believe in the garden of Eden story, then you'll know the serpent is powerless and was even forced to go on its belly because of its weakness.  It is still powerless.  Weak...  and burns in it's own frustration.

YHWH has all of the cherubim, seraphim, and the angelic might singing praises to his name.  He commands the very light that you see "let there be light".   The serpent is but a weak nothing in comparison.... Heck even the archangel Michael whooped it.
I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com

Offline Minnesotan

• Archon
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2014, 05:41:00 PM »

Regards
DL

Well, according to Peter Leithart, it isn't just angels who have female breasts....

Offline Sinful Hypocrite

• Everyday I am critical of others. Every day I make similar mistakes. Every day I am a hypocrite.
  • Archon
  • The Lord helps those who help others
  • Jurisdiction: God
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2014, 05:50:20 PM »
I first encountered this person at another forum, which he did the same thing there, so at least he is consistent :angel:
The Lord gathers his sheep, I fear I am a goat. Lord have mercy.

"A Christian is someone who follows and worships a perfectly good God who revealed his true face through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth.“