Author Topic: Adam and Eve and reproduction  (Read 1579 times)

Offline patricius

• I'm a llama!
Adam and Eve and reproduction
« on: February 03, 2003, 12:28:01 AM »
Lately I have read a couple of things which at least imply that had not there been a fall Adam and Eve would never have had any sexual relations.  This seems to mean that there was not in God's intentions to create a human race, in the sense of anything beyond two people.  I found this a bit surprising.

Is this the teaching of the Church, that there was never meant to be any reproduction of humans at all?  I am not attacking anything, especially since I don't know the truth, but the things I have read have just sort of hinted around things without going directly into the heart of the matter.  For this reason it has nagged at me a bit just to know what the truth is.

Many thanks,

Patrick

Offline Nigula Qian Zishi

• Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
  • OC.net guru
  • 我美丽的妻子和我。
    • Orthodox Ecclesiology and The World
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Denver
Re:Adam and Eve and reproduction
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2003, 08:20:22 AM »
Patrick, there is another thread about Adam and Eve below at http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/newboard/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=570 with some links to information that might help you with this.
在基督
尼古拉
前执事
的博客

Offline patricius

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2003, 10:51:50 AM »
Nicholas,

Many thanks.  I will go straight there and check it out.

Patrick

Offline Mor Ephrem

• The Fourteenth Apostle and Judge of the Interwebs
  • Protostrator
  • The Most Blessed Tikhon: Last Among Equals
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Czech Lands
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2003, 04:28:49 PM »
God commands Adam and Eve before the Fall to be fruitful and multiply.  So I think God intended for there to be a human race, and unless there was an alternate way of reproduction, I'm sure God also intended the very nice method we use to this day.    :D
"Do not tempt the Mor thy Mod."

New thread topic.  Rate the sexual attractiveness of members of OC.net on a scale of 1-10.

Mor Ephrem: 11/10