OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 19, 2014, 08:17:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adam and Eve and reproduction  (Read 1480 times) Average Rating: 0
patricius

I'm a llama!

« on: February 03, 2003, 12:28:01 AM »

Lately I have read a couple of things which at least imply that had not there been a fall Adam and Eve would never have had any sexual relations.  This seems to mean that there was not in God's intentions to create a human race, in the sense of anything beyond two people.  I found this a bit surprising.

Is this the teaching of the Church, that there was never meant to be any reproduction of humans at all?  I am not attacking anything, especially since I don't know the truth, but the things I have read have just sort of hinted around things without going directly into the heart of the matter.  For this reason it has nagged at me a bit just to know what the truth is.

Many thanks,

Patrick
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2003, 08:20:22 AM »

Patrick, there is another thread about Adam and Eve below at http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/newboard/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=570 with some links to information that might help you with this.

在基督         My Original Blog
尼古拉         My Facebook Profile
前执事         My Twitter Page
patricius

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2003, 10:51:50 AM »

Nicholas,

Many thanks.  I will go straight there and check it out.

Patrick
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Stratopedarches

"And you shall call his name Jesus..."

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2003, 04:28:49 PM »

God commands Adam and Eve before the Fall to be fruitful and multiply.  So I think God intended for there to be a human race, and unless there was an alternate way of reproduction, I'm sure God also intended the very nice method we use to this day.    Cheesy

The Mor has spoken. Let his word endure unto the ages of ages.

Please, James, tell us more about women!
Tags: Adam and Eve sex procreation reproduction 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: