Author Topic: Eeek!!!! mouse too smart for traps....  (Read 3556 times)

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of New Jersey
Eeek!!!! mouse too smart for traps....
« on: September 12, 2014, 08:49:45 PM »
For the past month or so, a rodent has been roaming my house and avoiding 6 baited traps (4 glue and 2 snap).  Short of getting a cat or resurrecting the Pied Piper, anyone have suggestions on how to trap this rodent?  Note that this rodent will be killed and will not be released at some distant point from the house....

This mouse has been seen in carpeted areas (avoiding the glue traps against the wall) and in the middle of the kitchen (dashes between the sofa, radiator, dishwasher).

Eeek!!!!

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!
Re: Eeek!!!! mouse too smart for traps....
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 08:51:25 PM »
What are you using as bait?
Am I posting? Or is it Schroedinger's Cat?

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 08:53:57 PM »
What are you using as bait?

Peanut butter and (now) dried out feta cheese.

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 08:58:37 PM »
Dried feta? Ugh. Go back to the peanut butter, and/or bread. Failing that, a cat or a pest exterminator would be Plans B and C.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Take comfort in the warmth of the Jacuzzi of Oriental Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 09:03:41 PM »
Do you have a Hindu temple near you?
Please don't project meta-debates onto me.

The erection of one’s rod counts as a form of glory (Theophylaktos of Ohrid, A Defense of Eunuchs, p. 329).

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 09:07:49 PM »

Not in the immediate area.

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 09:12:12 PM »

Why do you ask?

Offline xOrthodox4Christx

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Catholic Church
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2014, 09:52:53 PM »
My cat kills rodents on occasion.
This profile is defunct as of 11/8/2017. I created it before Orthodoxy, and have used it after Orthodoxy.

I reject all that I wrote that isn't in accordance with the teachings of the Orthodox Church. Also, my posts reflect my opinions (present or former) and nothing else.

I will likely lurk on this forum under a different name.

Offline JamesR

• The Second Coming of Jason
  • Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2014, 10:13:33 PM »
An airgun is the most obvious solution. You can get one for as cheaply as $20 at Walmart.

Offline Opus118

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2014, 10:26:40 PM »
Where are you placing the traps? I also assume that you have confirmed that it is a mouse and not a rat based on what you wrote.

I have never had a glue trap work. I recently caught a rat with Italian dry salame. Peanut butter and/or cheese did not work. Only the trap placed in a corner out of visible site was effective.
"Mi tío es enfermo, pero la carretera es verde!" - old Chilean saying

Online Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • Trolling Babylon 24/7, without apology!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
  • Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2014, 10:31:47 PM »
Just because of the title of this thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glOO6_cX-JE

Selam
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +
http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000984270/Rebel-Song.aspx

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2014, 10:36:03 PM »
Where are you placing the traps? I also assume that you have confirmed that it is a mouse and not a rat based on what you wrote.

I have never had a glue trap work. I recently caught a rat with Italian dry salame. Peanut butter and/or cheese did not work. Only the trap placed in a corner out of visible site was effective.

It's a mouse.  Right now, I have the traps in a triangular shape with one at each end of the radiator and one next to a table leg.  I think I need more traps.  I placed some bread on each glue trap.  Glue traps have worked before but they were flat rather than the raised ones currently in use.

I realize that the mouse is treating a glue trap as an obstacle except this mouse has memory of where things are located.  Getting a cat and/or paying for an exterminator is out of the question.

Offline Irish Melkite

• Information Mongeror
  • OC.net guru
    • Byzantine Forum
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2014, 02:43:30 AM »
Forget the feta and the bread - a small chunk of sharp cheddar cheese will be much more enticing.

Many years,

Neil
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 02:44:04 AM by Irish Melkite »
"Not only is it unnecessary to adopt the customs of the Latin Rite to manifest one's Catholicism, it is an offense against the unity of the Church."

- Melkite Archbishop Joseph (Tawil), of blessed memory

Offline xariskai

• юродивый/yurodivy
  • OC.net guru
  • יהוה עזי ומגני
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2014, 10:36:27 PM »
Brain of a mouse that is quarter human
by PAUL KENDALL, Daily Mail

Scientists have produced laboratory mice in which a quarter of the brain cells are human.

...Researcher Irving Weissman, of Stanford University, said: 'It looks like human cells can follow the developmental instructions put in by the mouse brain. They are making human components in what is clearly a mouse brain.'

Professor Weissman said he was now considering an experiment in which he would inject human stem cells into the embryos of a mouse strain whose own brain cells were programmed to die as the animal develops.

'In that way we might be able to produce mice in which a vast majority of neurones are human,' he said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-26347/Brain-mouse-quarter-human.html#ixzz3DLe4yt9X
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-26347/Brain-mouse-quarter-human.html#ixzz3DLdb6EPS

« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 10:38:03 PM by xariskai »

Offline Maria

• Boldly Proclaiming True Orthodox Christianity
  • Toumarches
  • O most Holy Theotokos, save us.
    • Saint Euphrosynos Cafe Discussion Forum
  • Faith: TrueGenuine Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: GOC under Archbishop Stephanos
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2014, 11:12:35 PM »

It's a mouse.  Right now, I have the traps in a triangular shape with one at each end of the radiator and one next to a table leg.  I think I need more traps.  I placed some bread on each glue trap.  Glue traps have worked before but they were flat rather than the raised ones currently in use.

I realize that the mouse is treating a glue trap as an obstacle except this mouse has memory of where things are located.  Getting a cat and/or paying for an exterminator is out of the question.

How big is this mouse? Sometimes small rats are mistaken for mice, but the little mouse traps are not designed for a rat.

I place a 3/8 to 1/2 inch square piece of cheddar cheese or bacon on the trap with a dab of peanut butter. Then I flame it quickly.

Within minutes, that mouse/rat is trapped. The smell of flaming bacon is irresistible.

After the mouse/rat is trapped and properly disposed, I cook the rest of the package of bacon for my husband.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 11:15:37 PM by Maria »
The memory of God should be treasured in our hearts like the precious pearl mentioned in the Holy Gospel. Our life's goal should be to nurture and contemplate God always within, and never let it depart, for this steadfastness will drive demons away from us. - Paraphrased from St. Philotheus of Sinai
Writings from the Philokalia: On Prayer of the Heart,
Translated from the Russian by E. Kadloubovksy and G.E.H. Palmer, Faber and Faber, London, Boston, 1992 printing.

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2014, 12:17:08 AM »

Scientists have produced laboratory mice in which a quarter of the brain cells are human.

...Researcher Irving Weissman, of Stanford University, said: 'It looks like human cells can follow the developmental instructions put in by the mouse brain. They are making human components in what is clearly a mouse brain.'

Professor Weissman said he was now considering an experiment in which he would inject human stem cells into the embryos of a mouse strain whose own brain cells were programmed to die as the animal develops.

'In that way we might be able to produce mice in which a vast majority of neurones are human,' he said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-26347/Brain-mouse-quarter-human.html#ixzz3DLe4yt9X

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-26347/Brain-mouse-quarter-human.html#ixzz3DLdb6EPS

I think this "mouse" escaped the lab.   :laugh:  The mouse was looking at me when it was under the stove.

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2014, 12:27:02 AM »

I think this "mouse" escaped the lab.   :laugh:  The mouse was looking at me when it was under the stove.

it was undoubtedly trying to ask you

'hey is that bacon you are cooking for me, done yet?'
All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Offline JamesR

• Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2014, 12:27:09 AM »

It's a mouse.  Right now, I have the traps in a triangular shape with one at each end of the radiator and one next to a table leg.  I think I need more traps.  I placed some bread on each glue trap.  Glue traps have worked before but they were flat rather than the raised ones currently in use.

I realize that the mouse is treating a glue trap as an obstacle except this mouse has memory of where things are located.  Getting a cat and/or paying for an exterminator is out of the question.

How big is this mouse? Sometimes small rats are mistaken for mice, but the little mouse traps are not designed for a rat.

I place a 3/8 to 1/2 inch square piece of cheddar cheese or bacon on the trap with a dab of peanut butter. Then I flame it quickly.

Within minutes, that mouse/rat is trapped. The smell of flaming bacon is irresistible.

After the mouse/rat is trapped and properly disposed, I cook the rest of the package of bacon for my husband.

Hopefully your husband doesn't get trapped by the smell of flaming bacon  :D

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2014, 12:33:51 AM »

it was undoubtedly trying to ask you

'hey is that bacon you are cooking for me, done yet?'

:laugh:

Offline JamesR

• Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2014, 12:38:53 AM »
In regards to your mouse problem, I would again reiterate that an air gun is the most efficient way to deal with your mouse/rat problem. It is human, cheap, and safer. You don't have to worry about broken fingers from setting those traps. This C02 powered revolver is a favorite of mine that works well and can be used indoors.

http://www.crosman.com/airguns/pistols/3576W

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2014, 12:45:25 AM »
In regards to your mouse problem, I would again reiterate that an air gun is the most efficient way to deal with your mouse/rat problem. It is human, cheap, and safer. You don't have to worry about broken fingers from setting those traps. This C02 powered revolver is a favorite of mine that works well and can be used indoors.

I don't want to destroy the house over a little mouse....

Offline Maria

• Toumarches
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2014, 12:51:43 AM »

I don't want to destroy the house over a little mouse....

LOL

Worse would be to have a neighbor call the police because someone illegally discharged a firearm in a residential area.

The bacon works. It was the only  thing that worked. The smart little mouse stole the cheese without springing the trap, but grabbing the bacon set off the trap, and it was lights out.
The memory of God should be treasured in our hearts like the precious pearl mentioned in the Holy Gospel. Our life's goal should be to nurture and contemplate God always within, and never let it depart, for this steadfastness will drive demons away from us. - Paraphrased from St. Philotheus of Sinai
Translated from the Russian by E. Kadloubovksy and G.E.H. Palmer, Faber and Faber, London, Boston, 1992 printing.

Offline JamesR

• Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2014, 12:59:03 AM »
Maria raises a good point.

Identify whether or not it's a rat or a mouse, because those tiny little mouse traps aren't designed for rats and while they will kill the latter, it's a much slower, crueler, and painfuller process. I learned this the hard way while working at a luxury apartment complex in urban Oakland that had a huge rat problem in the parking garage structure. It was so sad seeing those huge ugly rats spring the tiny mouse traps, and then frantically struggling on the floor for hours at a time before they finally died.

Offline Maria

• Toumarches
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2014, 02:08:47 AM »
Maria raises a good point.

Identify whether or not it's a rat or a mouse, because those tiny little mouse traps aren't designed for rats and while they will kill the latter, it's a much slower, crueler, and painfuller process. I learned this the hard way while working at a luxury apartment complex in urban Oakland that had a huge rat problem in the parking garage structure. It was so sad seeing those huge ugly rats spring the tiny mouse traps, and then frantically struggling on the floor for hours at a time before they finally died.

Before we realized what type of rodents we had, two roof rats had sprung the small mouse traps and managed to get their noses lopped off. They were in a daze, but not dead by any means. We caught them with kitchen tongs (reserved for that purpose) before they came to, and then attempted to drown each one in a bucket of hot soapy water to put them out of their misery. One dunk and we witnessed their incredible will to survive. It became very messy with water and soap suds everywhere. We had to use hot soapy water because these miserable rodents were loaded with tiny fleas.

Offline J Michael

• Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
  • Toumarches
  • Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!
  • Faith: Cafeteria CHRISTIAN Heretic
  • Jurisdiction: Here and now (well...sometimes...)
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2014, 01:53:43 PM »

We've had great success with glue traps.  Just last week I caught 2 (two) mice on one little glue trap.  We have a drop ceiling in our basement and the little buggers keep finding ways in.  We also have three cats, but only one of which can be bothered to hunt.  He caught 3 the other evening!!  Seems we harbored a little family and some of them decided, quite unadvisedly, to come out and play.  They won't be doing that again!  ;D

I bait the glue traps with a tiny bit of bird seed.  When we hear something flopping about in the ceiling we know we've been successful.  Yes...they do work!
"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)

Offline Agabus

• The user formerly known as Agabus.
  • Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2014, 03:31:50 PM »
My preferred method of mouse control is a barely domesticated barn cat, but in a pinch I prefer a double-combo of glue traps and bb-gun.
Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2014, 04:09:33 PM »
In regards to your mouse problem, I would again reiterate that an air gun is the most efficient way to deal with your mouse/rat problem. It is human, cheap, and safer. You don't have to worry about broken fingers from setting those traps.
No, you just have to worry about shooting your eye out.
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline Opus118

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2014, 08:24:41 PM »

We've had great success with glue traps.  Just last week I caught 2 (two) mice on one little glue trap.  We have a drop ceiling in our basement and the little buggers keep finding ways in.  We also have three cats, but only one of which can be bothered to hunt.  He caught 3 the other evening!!  Seems we harbored a little family and some of them decided, quite unadvisedly, to come out and play.  They won't be doing that again!  ;D

I bait the glue traps with a tiny bit of bird seed.  When we hear something flopping about in the ceiling we know we've been successful.  Yes...they do work!

Thanks for the useful information. I suspect our rodents train a couple of miles north of me in Camp Pendleton and compete in the yearly mud run. They just walk over those glue traps.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2014, 08:34:56 PM »
A cat may be of assistance. See, he's hungry. :)

My only weakness is, well, never mind

Offline Maria

• Toumarches
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2014, 11:56:54 PM »

We've had great success with glue traps.  Just last week I caught 2 (two) mice on one little glue trap.  We have a drop ceiling in our basement and the little buggers keep finding ways in.  We also have three cats, but only one of which can be bothered to hunt.  He caught 3 the other evening!!  Seems we harbored a little family and some of them decided, quite unadvisedly, to come out and play.  They won't be doing that again!  ;D

I bait the glue traps with a tiny bit of bird seed.  When we hear something flopping about in the ceiling we know we've been successful.  Yes...they do work!

Thanks for the useful information. I suspect our rodents train a couple of miles north of me in Camp Pendleton and compete in the yearly mud run. They just walk over those glue traps.

To be effective, glue traps should be placed in operation only if the temperature is 68 degrees or higher.
Otherwise, rodents can walk all over the traps and not be caught as the traps have "iced" over and lost their stickiness.

I purchased one of those flea and mouse traps -- the kind that have a little Christmas tree bulb that is suspended over the glue trap. I have caught both fleas and mice in these traps. Two traps each had a young rat in them. I baited the center with peanut butter and the catch was almost instant as the peanut butter aroma pervaded the room.

The only difficulty was waiting for the rat/mouse to die. They were alive up to 12 hours after being immobilized. I did not want to get near the trap as they raised their heads, and I feared that they would bite. Their squeaks were sad to hear.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 12:08:30 AM by Maria »

Offline xariskai

• юродивый/yurodivy
  • OC.net guru
  • יהוה עזי ומגני
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2014, 01:30:45 AM »
One elderly neighbor said he knew an exterminator during the depression that had great success with a half and half mixture of sugar and concrete.

Offline JamesR

• Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2014, 10:45:59 PM »

We've had great success with glue traps.  Just last week I caught 2 (two) mice on one little glue trap.  We have a drop ceiling in our basement and the little buggers keep finding ways in.  We also have three cats, but only one of which can be bothered to hunt.  He caught 3 the other evening!!  Seems we harbored a little family and some of them decided, quite unadvisedly, to come out and play.  They won't be doing that again!  ;D

I bait the glue traps with a tiny bit of bird seed.  When we hear something flopping about in the ceiling we know we've been successful.  Yes...they do work!

To be effective, glue traps should be placed in operation only if the temperature is 68 degrees or higher.
Otherwise, rodents can walk all over the traps and not be caught as the traps have "iced" over and lost their stickiness.

I purchased one of those flea and mouse traps -- the kind that have a little Christmas tree bulb that is suspended over the glue trap. I have caught both fleas and mice in these traps. Two traps each had a young rat in them. I baited the center with peanut butter and the catch was almost instant as the peanut butter aroma pervaded the room.

The only difficulty was waiting for the rat/mouse to die. They were alive up to 12 hours after being immobilized. I did not want to get near the trap as they raised their heads, and I feared that they would bite. Their squeaks were sad to hear.

Out of curiosity, how do you even have mice, Maria? I always figured that with your reputation for being extraordinarily clean, hygienic, and healthy, you'd be the last person to have a mouse in your house. Are they more common where you live?

Offline Maria

• Toumarches
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2014, 11:26:10 PM »
One elderly neighbor said he knew an exterminator during the depression that had great success with a half and half mixture of sugar and concrete.

My husband is interested in this idea.

Offline Opus118

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2014, 12:28:53 AM »

Me too but doing it in the house seems risky.

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2014, 12:30:23 AM »

Does this make little mice statues ?
All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Offline Maria

• Toumarches
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2014, 01:22:11 AM »

More like cement pellets.

Offline Maria

• Toumarches
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2014, 01:23:01 AM »

Me too but doing it in the house seems risky.

He wants to use this method outside in bait traps so that raccoons, cats, and possums will not eat the sugar laced cement. The fluoride laced rat poison can kill cats and owls which eat the poisoned rats. 

If a cat or owl eats a cement laden rat, I guess by that time the cement will have hardened into pellets.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 01:24:46 AM by Maria »

Offline Agabus

• Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2014, 10:46:11 AM »

Out of curiosity, how do you even have mice, Maria? I always figured that with your reputation for being extraordinarily clean, hygienic, and healthy, you'd be the last person to have a mouse in your house. Are they more common where you live?
You don't need crumbs to attract mice. All you need is a pantry full of food they can get into.
Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

Offline J Michael

• Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
  • Toumarches
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2014, 02:56:55 PM »

Yeah...one's that look like dead mice  :D.  The problem with killing mice in the house is you'd better have access to the traps that kill them or know where they've gone to die and be able to remove them.  Otherwise, the aroma of dead mice will begin to permeate your living space.  We once had a mouse that somehow got stuck in the wall.  Eventually it died.  Not long thereafter, the stench was pretty horrible.  Luckily it only lasted a week or two, if I recall correctly.  Ugh!
"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)

Offline Maria

• Toumarches
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2014, 03:37:09 PM »

Yeah...one's that look like dead mice  :D.  The problem with killing mice in the house is you'd better have access to the traps that kill them or know where they've gone to die and be able to remove them.  Otherwise, the aroma of dead mice will begin to permeate your living space.  We once had a mouse that somehow got stuck in the wall.  Eventually it died.  Not long thereafter, the stench was pretty horrible.  Luckily it only lasted a week or two, if I recall correctly.  Ugh!

We had a rat die in the garage somewhere. Flies took care of it, but there were flies everywhere, so we had to set out some fly traps.

Offline Agabus

• Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2014, 04:13:08 PM »

We had a rat die in the garage somewhere. Flies took care of it, but there were flies everywhere, so we had to set out some fly traps.
My wife's grandmother has an old antebellum house. One time a rat died between the ceiling and the attic, and even though the smell wasn't so bad for those on the floor, they began to notice when the decomposing rat started oozing through the ceiling.

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
    • The Old Testament Prophecies of the Messiah's Resurrection and Orthodox Christianity's roots in the Holy Land
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2014, 06:19:23 PM »
It conjures up the horrifying scenario of a human brain trapped inside an animal's body. The original study involved isolating human stem cells - the 'mother cells' that can develop into any other type of cell - and then introducing them into mice.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-26347/Brain-mouse-quarter-human.html#ixzz3Eq9DDHRF

Human brain trapped in human body can be scary enough!
The ocean, infinite to men, and the worlds beyond it, are directed by the same ordinances of the Lord. ~ I Clement 20

Offline Maria

• Toumarches
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2014, 07:24:32 PM »
It conjures up the horrifying scenario of a human brain trapped inside an animal's body. The original study involved isolating human stem cells - the 'mother cells' that can develop into any other type of cell - and then introducing them into mice.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-26347/Brain-mouse-quarter-human.html#ixzz3Eq9DDHRF

Lord have mercy.

Offline J Michael

• Toumarches
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2014, 02:01:08 PM »

Only if the brain and the body are alive.  Then it can be downright terrifying and discouraging. ;D  Just look at the "Politics" sub-forum if you need proof. :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 02:02:23 PM by J Michael »

Offline xariskai

• юродивый/yurodivy
  • OC.net guru
  • יהוה עזי ומגני
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2014, 10:39:36 PM »

After a really bad stomach ache and a bit of time, a pile of bones and a tiny stomach-shaped rock.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 10:39:59 PM by xariskai »